Downstream

Jan 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent a little time in southern Utah hiking this week and remembered a post in this forum about detecting an old road near Vegas. As I was heading home on the new Highway 6 I remembered seeing sections of the old road abandoned in the mid 60's. I found a dirt road that intersected it and got on the old highway. It was down to basically one lane with grass and shrubs growing up through it and the shoulders had slumped off. I spotted an area that looked like an old pull out and parked. There were old car parts every where so I knew it was going to a trashy hunt, but I also knew the road had been used from the early 30's through the 60's...should be interesting. As I expected lots of old car parts and very old beer cans not pull tabs but the type you had to puncture with a can opener.

I was starting to think there was too much trash when I popped out a 1946 Rosie. No stopping just yet. I hunted for 2 hours and found another 6 coins from 1946 to 1964. Not super old by any means, but there are a few locations out there that were old train stops. Those are next on my list.

2013-02-22_11-53-53_281.jpg

Upvote 4

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is good hunting // and I asume long enough to provide lots more --Perry

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Any time you can dig a piece of silver you are doing o.k. Tennessee digger

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds let us know how the rest go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread