Detecting for Aztec Gold, Any Recommendations?

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I am new to this website and to treasure hunting so any input would be appreciated. I know of a place (somewhere in North America :) that is a possible "Hot Spot" for buried Aztec/Indian Gold. Many local legends and people speak of it so we shall see.

Question: What equipment would any of you recommend since according to these tales the possible booty could be buried up to 8' ft. or greater below the surface. Also, the terrain is standard soil and dirt mixed with rock and much foliage (greenery; trees, shrubs etc.)

My question stems from #1) the research I have done here on this site and others that not many people give "LRLs" much of if any endorsement on their usefulness and ability to deliver on what is claimed. #2) As far as I know, their are no standard detectors that have such depth range beyond 6' ft. deep.

Any suggestions or help here? Also, the budget factors out anything that a "professional treasure hunting team" would be able to afford.

Thanks in advance

Royal1

Upvote 0

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We use Bob Fitzgerald's Maxi Pulse plus. It detects down to about 30 ft and is really reliable. Uses a 42 inch antenna. It is not an LRL.

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yomo: No, this place is no where near WV, we are off by thousands of miles. :)

Dixiegal: Could you tell me where I can get additional information on the "Maxi Pulse Plus 42 inch Antenna"? Thanks, I do appreciate it.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input fellas, it all helps me understand everything that I need to consider and look into. Bottom line is that if it were easy to do etc. the treasures would likely already have been extracted.

However, the one advantage I have is that the locals in this particular area are not very shall I say "motivated" to even bother with looking since none of these people would be "up" with the latest in equipment, tools and techniques. They are very simple and are really only concerned with the day-to-day things. :)

What you may need to be careful of is this...if you are searching in a country other than the States, like Mexico.....or central america...indians only pan for gold
when they need a little cash. HOWEVER the caveat...if your a gringo, and the locals know what your up to....your liable to get robbed or killed. Many who live in
poverty think of even a poor american as rich.....whatever you do, and go...keep it under wraps as much as possible, and have a partner or two for safety.

Also keep in mind, if artifacts were made from the Gold, there are laws regarding them. Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread