🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would the US version be different or can the Yanks download this as well?

You can download it. You just have to click on the British flag to get the "DEUS_UPDATE_English_Setup.exe" version of the updater. This should be a link to the Update page for the English version.

English Download Page

If you don't go to the British version of the page, your browser will mostly likely auto translate the text, but when you download the exe it will be the French version.

I put it on my machine a couple hours ago.

chazzcage

Nov 12, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already did download the english version there but someone suggested (hard to believe) that the US version is slightly different for the difference in ground types here. Not sure I believe it but thought I would ask.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's here, folks! 20170314_131718.jpg

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already did download the english version there but someone suggested (hard to believe) that the US version is slightly different for the difference in ground types here. Not sure I believe it but thought I would ask.

I saw someone mention something like that and I think they just haven't updated the US version of the xp site with the new links yet. v3.2 was the same for all countries, so I would doubt v4 would be any different. From a software development design perspective, managing multiple copies of a release doubles their workload. So if they were to make changes for ground differences, typically it would be incorporated into one version of the software and managed through settings in the UI.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, don't believe it. As Outdoor Adventure says not in their interest to do it. It's fake news. Andy Sabisch confirmed there is only one software version for all languages/locales.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just in:

There is a POSSIBLE mistake in some downloads in V4 program 9 HOT ...........it should be default discrimination -6.4 as stated in the manual. HOWEVER IT IS PROGRAMED 6.4 INSTEAD OF -6.4 so until V4.1 comes out you need to manually adjust it ( I spoke to gary and he confirms it)
I adjusted it and then saved it as Hot 2
EDIT
((((it now appears that TODAYS DOWNLOADS been corrected !))) so if you check and its wrong download it again

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I downloaded V4 yesterday. I just checked my remote and it had the disc setting for program 9 at 6.5.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the update program and reloaded V4.

It now reads -6.4 on the disc for program 9.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there are multiple version 4's out there with no rev numbers?! That is not good configuration control.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up laidback4sho. I verified mines 6.4, so I'll reapply the update. Nice catch on that. v4b19 was -6.4 and I assumed that was the release candidate, but obviously some stuff got changed.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me that sounds like laidback4sure is in the running for Deft Tone's "ice" ring.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really after 2 years of waiting just comical :)

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey those if you with more than one coil....do you find it connecting at the same speed as before, or are any of you having a certain coil taking much longer to connect as it should, or not at all sometimes?

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which of the v3.2 factory preset programs got the axe to make room for new v4.0 presets? I thought it might be a good idea to record them as well as my custom programs before updating tomorrow.
Thanks!

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which of the v3.2 factory preset programs got the axe to make room for new v4.0 presets? I thought it might be a good idea to record them as well as my custom programs before updating tomorrow.
Thanks!
Relic is gone in V4.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

As LB4S said, 6 - Relic has been replaced with 6 - Deep and 9 - Basic 2 has been replaced with 9 - Hot. Those are good substitutions as far as I am concerned.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the executable contain the actual update or just setup the update for upload to the controller? I ask because the file I downloaded yesterday and today (just now) appear to be exactly the same file.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question...I don't know. I do know that after you install the executable, you still need an internet connection to do the actual update or it won't work.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure (almost positive) that the setup simply installs the setup program on your system. From there, it downloads and installs the current version when you choose V2, 3.2, or 4 from the drop down menu.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty sure (almost positive) that the setup simply installs the setup program on your system. From there, it downloads and installs the current version when you choose V2, 3.2, or 4 from the drop down menu.

I agree. There isn't any of the Deus firmware in the setup.exe... that appears to just be the interface app to the Deus that then pulls whatever version you pick from the dropdown list from a server somewhere. I didn't uninstall or reinstall the setup.exe, but just ran the same app on my laptop to reinstall v4 over top of the v4 on my remote and it fixed the disc issue in program 9. So it must pull whatever firmware version you select in the update app as it needs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread