DEVILS CANYON on Discovery Channel.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I've been around. Got moved to the night shift at work and that has really hindered my prospecting and I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Well yesterday I got an email from Discovery Channel about when the teaser/trailers will be airing for the show I will be on called "Devils Canyon". First one is on May 17th during the airing of "The Last Alaskans". I am nervous like you wouldnt believe. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. 6 weeks completely alone in the British Columbia bush, surviving and mining gold. No film crew, just me, filming myself the entire time. You get me, in the raw struggling like I have never done before.

But how did "The Goose" react............(you should have seen the people in the park......LOL!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goose: Watched it, and enjoyed it immensely. Better yet was the fact
you weren't doing your "Jeff Williams" impersonation....lol (I'd enjoy
your other videos much more if you just talked like yerself..:tongue3: )

Looking forward to the next episode!

Been long time since I was confident I'd survive in a place like that :coffee2:
Black Bear don't Scare me. But location looks difficult

Ditto...30 years ago I'd have done well in that environment. Build a good
shelter, plenty of firewood and loads of food around for the picking/catching.

I don't have a fear of bears, but do have a very healthy respect for 'em,
no matter if their Black or Grizzly. A momma bear of either variety will
mess you up big time if she even thinks you're a threat to her babies.

And for a big male Grizz...well, he'll hunt you down and then invite you for lunch..:occasion14:

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my wife fell asleep last night and couldn't watch it so I get to watch it again with her now, can't say enough how impressed by the detail of info compared to most gold shows.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zip locks bag full of Bics?...I mean start a fire with magnesium when you need to....but come on really?

over flight shots that show logged areas and a road next to the "remote" river

on the same channel that produces "Alaskan Bush People"

https://mic.com/articles/163943/is-...ngs-to-know-about-the-brown-family#.srzEf4HLL

I would say that I expect better ...But, I don't.

in fact considering TNET rules I call this soliciting funds or promoting a "product" even considering lack of supporting vendor status maybe....well, just sayin'

Bens activities and the fire starting just blew the whole thing for me and there is so much more I could get into.

like 10# oats + 3.8 Oz dry oats a day

25 freeze dried food + 6 oz a day +weight og product ..nutritional content gets deeper

a pound of oat meal is 1765 calories

Bens supply of oatmeal is 2,941 calories a week. I'm not going to get into protein and carbs,

As someone who has fed tens of thousands of people(probably more) and some one who has done quite a bit of back country hiking and prospecting...

This show will not clutter my DVR

don't want to bang on the "Goose' or the community but..Come on???????????

Sucks that "reality" has to be produced to fit an audience.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... the haters. You knew it was coming. Tnet doesn't disappoint. Like goose your totally lame for being on TV and gold mining in a dream location. I saw a drone fly over you so nothing you do is real. lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose, really enjoyed the show and look forward to future episodes. I missed the initial airing but was able to catch it on the discovery go app which was nice. I'll tell you what, I was very curious to see this as myself and friend were in contact with discovery but when they pitched us the survival aspect and length of time we bowed out. My hat is off to you, six weeks alone no contact surviving and mining while filming sounds brutal!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minimize and deflect all you want it has nothing to do with hate

the community deserves better and should expect honesty

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great show Bronze, scared the U know what of me on that last scene, hate sleeping in tents because it has happened to me, that noise out side what is it ?. Be proud of your self, you did it and as for the downers, you didn't.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
minimize and deflect all you want it has nothing to do with hate

the community deserves better and should expect honesty

Respectfully brother..you need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything
in life so serious. 8-)

I do appreciate what your saying, but the man had the opportunity to do
this, and he took it (just like most any of us would have). He doesn't have
editorial control, so ya can't blame Boyce for it.

It's television, and meant to be about prospecting and entertainment..
and I found it enjoyable to watch without a load of unnecessary drama. Life's
just too short to be stressing over piddly crap...:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show got off to a great start Goose!!!! Next year maybe hire a helicopter to dump you, Magic Mike, your gear, and your "breakfast" off for a few days without having to do a DC show....?????

When I got home I tried looking into a chopper. The only thing I could find were ones that were leased to the logging companies and they wanted more money than I'll make to drop gear into me.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing is for sure as it's one tough spot and takes a whole lot of knowledge, experience, physical fitness and a huge bite of the golden apple to attempt such a daunting feat. I wish them all the luck in the world-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully brother..you need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything
in life so serious. 8-)

I do appreciate what your saying, but the man had the opportunity to do
this, and he took it (just like most any of us would have). He doesn't have
editorial control, so ya can't blame Boyce for it.

It's television, and meant to be about prospecting and entertainment..
and I found it enjoyable to watch without a load of unnecessary drama. Life's
just too short to be stressing over piddly crap...:occasion14:

my comments and opinion are directed at production not the actors/participants

the reason I mentioned bush people is that it has been shown to be extremely produced yet passed off as reality

same network.

good for the guys being on the show there are just certain things that don't add up.

Just the way it is.

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zip locks bag full of Bics?...I mean start a fire with magnesium when you need to....but come on really?

over flight shots that show logged areas and a road next to the "remote" river

on the same channel that produces "Alaskan Bush People"

https://mic.com/articles/163943/is-...ngs-to-know-about-the-brown-family#.srzEf4HLL

I would say that I expect better ...But, I don't.

in fact considering TNET rules I call this soliciting funds or promoting a "product" even considering lack of supporting vendor status maybe....well, just sayin'

Bens activities and the fire starting just blew the whole thing for me and there is so much more I could get into.

like 10# oats + 3.8 Oz dry oats a day

25 freeze dried food + 6 oz a day +weight og product ..nutritional content gets deeper

a pound of oat meal is 1765 calories

Bens supply of oatmeal is 2,941 calories a week. I'm not going to get into protein and carbs,

As someone who has fed tens of thousands of people(probably more) and some one who has done quite a bit of back country hiking and prospecting...

This show will not clutter my DVR

don't want to bang on the "Goose' or the community but..Come on???????????

Sucks that "reality" has to be produced to fit an audience.

Redacted....I think what I posted came across the wrong way.

Last edited:

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watched it last night with my wife. We both enjoyed it and look forward to the next episode. Good job Goose.:thumbsup:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose, I would suggest taking extra effort not to be offended by or take personally ANY comments directed towards your actions, or lack of action....what is real and what is drama, ect. ect.
We almost ALL have a hate for reality TV, yet many still tune in every week.

When I watched GoldRush, I loved to be an armchair miner and question their efforts...be disgusted with the inserted drama, yet still watched.
I consider them "characters" even though a large portion of the filming captures their true personality.

Not comparing your show to GoldRush, just an example of reality TV (I did not watch the first episode).

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose, I would suggest taking extra effort not to be offended by or take personally ANY comments directed towards your actions, or lack of action....what is real and what is drama, ect. ect.
We almost ALL have a hate for reality TV, yet many still tune in every week.

When I watched GoldRush, I loved to be an armchair miner and question their efforts...be disgusted with the inserted drama, yet still watched.
I consider them "characters" even though a large portion of the filming captures their true personality.

Not comparing your show to GoldRush, just an example of reality TV (I did not watch the first episode).

Im not offended at all, I'm a real easy going guy. And I like I said, I dont hold any ill will towards anyone. Please dont read that post in a confrontational way.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i would like to thank you for coming on here with the behind the scenes stories. brad
Im not offended at all, I'm a real easy going guy. And I like I said, I dont hold any ill will towards anyone. Please dont read that post in a confrontational way.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Goose is awesome! A real miner! Don't let the pretenders and wannabe's get to you. Dishwashers with dishpan hands wouldn't last a day out there! I am impatiently waiting for the next episode!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just saying - making fun of people on TV is half the fun of watching!

I could probably make a few friendly jabs, just based on the short preview clips, but I see no purpose in doing that here (I'll save that for the armchair!) HAHA

Last edited:

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah dont worry about the mother load troll bringing you down, that troll has lost the spirit lol-

Ive seen alot of Goose in youtube videos working hard and living the dream- before you even had the show:)

I liked the explanations of panning and sampling that the show did, nice graphics- you dont get much of that on the other shows, I can relate more to this show- your small miner spirit is alot like all of ours.

Hey did you see any edible mushrooms like golden chanterelles or Porcini "Boletus edulis" out there?

ha ha since everyone has a opinion I would have brought my bazooka, the big one not some mini! empty it into the super sluice and work it! haha and wetsuit with no weights and used river rocks when get there if needed for snipe:) Just me but I think fire is over-rated, my blood runs hot and the wet suit is always cozy if needed lol! Everyone would have seen my bazooka working it and then there would be nowhere to get one ha ha ha, I like the "goose" on the gold pan, that brought me right back to tnet where you first popped up:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying - making fun of people on TV is half the fun of watching!

I could probably make a few friendly jabs, just based on the short preview clips, but I see no purpose in doing that here (I'll save that for the armchair!) HAHA

Oh, believe me.....You're going to have a field day with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread