Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pm you with my phone number.... It would be a lot of fun to meet up! There may be a chance we will be in Ohio at some point in May, but no real plans yet.

I was watching some of the other video's. I didn't get to all of them yet.I'm working backwards and I'm to the one where you left the brake on....Yep!! That would be me for sure!!:laughing7: That looks like so much fun! I hope to one day get out west and explore around some!!! That would be an awesome trip!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll pm you with my phone number.... It would be a lot of fun to meet up! There may be a chance we will be in Ohio at some point in May, but no real plans yet.

I was watching some of the other video's. I didn't get to all of them yet.I'm working backwards and I'm to the one where you left the brake on....Yep!! That would be me for sure!!:laughing7: That looks like so much fun! I hope to one day get out west and explore around some!!! That would be an awesome trip!!
I responded to your PM with my phone and tentative plans. I amnot shy about goofing up about brakes and things. WE ALL DO IT only some of us will admit it. Laugh at life or cry, we have that choice. I'm going to be 70 on May 24th (I hope the mods remember this year!) and still doing a good job of being active. Some here on "The Net" are not as healthy as I. I like to think I can bring the outside activities to them to enjoy by reading and watching my posts. I carry a camera with me at all times. I will continue to do so for as long as I can. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CORRECTION: The posted mine shaft, I thought to be Eagle's Nest, is actually Myer's Mine(shaft). I reviewed GPS coordinates taken when the pic was snapped and superimposed them on a topo map. Conclusion, the shaft is Myer's Mine, as posted on topo maps. Eagle's Nest is further up Rich Hill's southern slopes. Sorry. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me at the Myer Mine in 2007:skullflag:

Attachments

• AGATRIPPhotos 022.jpg
    AGATRIPPhotos 022.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 42
  • AGATRIPPhotos 026.jpg
    AGATRIPPhotos 026.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 47
  • AGATRIPPhotos 024.jpg
    AGATRIPPhotos 024.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 37

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabasco makes anything good

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE: This fine (but a bit technical) publication by John C Murphy
DSC00640.JPG

indicates that a baby rattlers' venom is NOT more potent than adults'. I will look into this further. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT=&quot]Some people mistakenly think that baby snakes are more venomous either because they can't control how much venom they inject, or because their venom is more concentrated. Neither idea is true. Adult snakes are as dangerous, or more dangerous, than a young snake. Adult snakes have more venom than juveniles. And not all bites are the same. Any snake bite can vary greatly in the amount of venom injected. It would be possible to receive a worse bite from a juvenile snake than from an adult of the same species on a given day and, on another day, a worse bite from an adult than from a juvenile.:occasion14:[/FONT]

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day while hiking up a small tributary creek I noticed some movement on the ground near my boot and there was a baby rattle snake with its mouth wide open and fangs out, scary memory! I like 'kids' but I suspect that one never saw the light of another day.

Where I hike, Sierras of NorCal, the mountain rattle snakes do Not have much meat on them, it is chewy white meat and tastes like what it is fried in. Its ok but I would not go out of my way to cook it. I stopped 'dispatching' them years ago once I realized they were eating bugs, rodents and only a few fish.

Another Aha moment about them is that they like to lie in the shade once the day warms up. The big round single leaf of water plants throw a nice shadow on the ground so the snakes curl up there in the shadow, be carful around pools of water I even move the leaves with my hiking staff before taking another step!...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One day while hiking up a small tributary creek I noticed some movement on the ground near my boot and there was a baby rattle snake with its mouth wide open and fangs out, scary memory! I like 'kids' but I suspect that one never saw the light of another day.

Where I hike, Sierras of NorCal, the mountain rattle snakes do Not have much meat on them, it is chewy white meat and tastes like what it is fried in. Its ok but I would not go out of my way to cook it. I stopped 'dispatching' them years ago once I realized they were eating bugs, rodents and only a few fish.

Another Aha moment about them is that they like to lie in the shade once the day warms up. The big round single leaf of water plants throw a nice shadow on the ground so the snakes curl up there in the shadow, be carful around pools of water I even move the leaves with my hiking staff before taking another step!...........63bkpkr
Words to LIVE by from a true outdoorsman! Tnx, my friend. TTC

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A bit ago, somebody told me that the anti-venom for copperhead bites runs $6,000 - and I've no reference to refute that. I'd say anti-venom for rattlesnakes won't be any less.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A typical antivenom vial costs $1,500 to$2,200, but a snakebite requires between 20, sometimes 25 vials to be neutralized. If you add these up, a man bitten in the US by a venomous snake would have to pay as much as $30,000 in pharmacy costs alone, forget the Emergency Room and Transportation (ambulance/helicopter) costs!:skullflag:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good gracious Terry! OMG is an understatement!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'll be wearing my snake leggings = ankle to knee - in the future here. They're just hard plastic and pretty cheap actually, but uncomfortable as heck!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Nitric! I will be in GA and TN in may. Visiting friends and a cousin. Maybe we will meet? TTC

Terry, you head this way, please let me know. It would be a great honor for me to meet you.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you head this way, please let me know. It would be a great honor for me to meet you.
Just talked to PeteyGirl. It will be a tight timetable but let's do it! We may have to meet somewhere between TN and VA. I've been through Tazewell, VA in an OTR truck and then an auto. Up over a mountain, scraping the mountainside with the trailer and then with my wife to show her I did it! When I got down on the east side (on 58), I saw a sign saying NO TRUCKS! Whew! Good thing no one came at me from the other direction! I'll PM you tomorrow, Deep. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread