May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dfx with eclipse 950 coil with a whites bullseye II for $600

Mxt with standard coil plus 3 additional coils in different size and shape, headphones, books, cheap pinpointer, bag all for $650.

Which would you choose and why please, this is my dilemma and I just don't know. I am leaning towards the DFX but I don't want to make a $600 mistake. Thanks.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Standard MXT? Not the MXT Pro?

If it's the MXT and NOT the MXT Pro, I'd prolly opt for the DFX. If it's the MXT Pro, Id be more apt to go for that & the extra coils.

You are NOT going to make a $600 mistake. All great machines.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Standard Mxt, pro is never mentioned.

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the DFX and now have the standard MXT. I liked the DFX for the dual frequency and "Some" tones. I did not like it, as I do not like to get into the programming and want to make a few simple adjustments and get to it.

The standard MXT has a two tone option in relic mode which I use most often, even coin shooting. I really enjoy the simplicity of the detector and that it is no slouch. I also do not like to many tones, so the standard MXT is good for me. I really cannot say enough about the MXT, and again, it's not that the DFX is bad, but for me, the MXT is much better. I really like the D2 coil primarily with the 5.3 and 6x10 coils when conditions require.

Hope this helps

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have used the DFX for several years, and have a friend who has an MXT and have tried it out. Both are good machines. If you are tech savvy or a gadget person, go with the DFX. The DFX advantages are that there are a lot more adjustments for personal preferences and the option of building your own programs plus hunting with two freqs gives me more accuracy on whether to dig or not. If you aren't tech savvy or like things simple, opt for the MXT. I just bought a new V3i but I'm keeping the DFX also.

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person with the MX made the offer, and then said no to his own offer. So the DF is it. I just need to get ahold of the guy, not responding to email. Just my luck, but at lest I know what machine I am going for. Thanks.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1,for the dfx

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DFX has found me more than any other machine I've used

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread