litefire56

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
U.K. Brian said:
Take your battery pack out and check to see if the contacts sunk down in the plastic have any pitting. If so, thats your problem and all it needs to fix it is the connector prongs pulled up slightly towards the contol box flap.

Thanks Brian, but I still have the problem with half or the whole screen
dissapearing with the unit still on and working fine as far as tone ID.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
litefire56 said:
U.K. Brian said:
Take your battery pack out and check to see if the contacts sunk down in the plastic have any pitting. If so, thats your problem and all it needs to fix it is the connector prongs pulled up slightly towards the contol box flap.

Thanks Brian, but I still have the problem with half or the whole screen
dissapearing with the unit still on and working fine as far as tone ID.

My Whites Quantum does the exact same thing. Sometimes it just shuts off, sometimes half the screen goes blank (often it shows little squares on the bottom of screen but still has audio tones). Then sometimes I'll go days with no problems at all. New batteries seem to help. I should send it in but Im gonna wait til I get my Fisher F70 then have it worked on by Whites. :)

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
i just sold my dfx but had,had it for 4 yrs and the shutting down problem for me was solved by pulling the springs a little with a coathanger bent to get inside the battery casing. only in the last 6 months i did notice the screen to the right getting a bit faint now and again...the other thing was the battery meter seemed to malfunction reading 8.6,9.2 etc even on new bat's...then it would correct it self and then go wonky again.....but for the amount of abuse and use these machines can take there certainly not unreliable.

funny thing is bought a minelab 705 and put in the bat's that had been in the dfx(duracel plus with 3 hrs use) and it wouldn't work well then stopped working........seems the whites drain them to 9.8 before they can use them and more modern machines dont need to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread