Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is easy to search them if they are rolled with plastic transparent.
You just need to look at the edges.

But if you date/error check then it is a pain @#@#

DW

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I only do hand rolled and have averaged a Rosie for every 15 to 20 boxes. However, I have gotten lucky a few times and scored 28 Mercuries and my first Barber. About five weeks ago I stumbled into 6 solid rolls of dimes and just last week I scored two rolls that netted 51 1964 Rosies.

I don't even bother with the clear plastic. I have never seen anything in them. I just asked for hand rolls. There are a few tellers that won't hand them out. They say it's bank policy, which makes me laugh 'cause the other tellers at her bank gladly give them to me.

Good luck with the dimes. I think you'll do better in the future.

OWS

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Obsessed,

I know those solid handrolls are out there. I haven't come across one yet but I'm confident that I will. Just hope it's not a solid roll of 2001 Canadians because I'm sure that they are out there too.
I like searching the hand rolled quarters as well. I'll bet there are solid roll of them out there too. The best I've done is 9 keepers out of a $1000.00, but that was a bag. I'm guessing but I probably average 1 out of every $500.00 in handrolls.
The banks I get the handrolls from are happy to see me when I come in to pick them up. It saves them from counting them before close, and breaking up the rolls when they reach $1000.00.

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
silvercop - i agree with you, i prefer halves, but keep the dimes in the loop, sometimes they can surprise you. i ave. about 2 silver per box.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
SC, I did $16k in dimes this spring, my average was 1/$150 String and son wrapped. 15% of that were mercs and silver Canadian. ffd

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
i average about 1-2 rosies a box
havent been skunked out that much either knock on wood

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am naive.

I still think I will find a Rosie or merc by just
asking the teller for one roll of dimes at the time
when I approach the teller line to make a deposit.

Darth Walker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread