Did Politics and Religion get turned off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Probaly what ircked me the most in the political forum was when folks would make rants or little snooty staments (like this "If I wanted to call myself Sureshot Cheney") that arent really of any significance in a exchange of Ideas on the threads subject, but simply a rant meant to bear false witness agienst another person, and to try and avoid being proven wrong rather than to just stand corrected.

Cappy's a fine example of this, He hates bush and cheney, so trying to have alogical debate with someone like that is near impossible, so they post Rants with catch phrases and poor jokes, with no real links to back them up, and even though proven wrong over and over agien they cant shake the hatred long enough to open thier eyes

A

Atticus Finch

TEXAN Connection said:
Probaly what ircked me the most in the political forum was when folks would make rants or little snooty staments (like this "If I wanted to call myself Sureshot Cheney") that arent really of any significance in a exchange of Ideas on the threads subject, but simply a rant meant to bear false witness agienst another person, and to try and avoid being proven wrong rather than to just stand corrected.

Cappy's a fine example of this, He hates bush and cheney, so trying to have alogical debate with someone like that is near impossible, so they post Rants with catch phrases and poor jokes, with no real links to back them up, and even though proven wrong over and over agien they cant shake the hatred long enough to open thier eyes

Here we have a clear example why the politics and religion threads should never come back. This fellow TNer cannot let go of the political whipping his party took.It is time to talk treasure not throw fuel on debates you lost long ago. Get over it already. People want to talk treasure, not disgraced leadership. People want the excitement of new mother lodes and treasure ships found, not memories of failed policies and failed govt. People want to move on to something positive.

Let it go man.
Peace,

Cap Z.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Cappy Z. said:
TEXAN Connection said:

Here we have a clear example why the politics and religion threads should never come back. This fellow TNer cannot let go of the political whipping his party took.It is time to talk treasure not throw fuel on debates you lost long ago. Get over it already. People want to talk treasure, not disgraced leadership. People want the excitement of new mother lodes and treasure ships found, not memories of failed policies and failed govt. People want to move on to something positive.

Let it go man.
Peace,

Cap Z.

Thank you Cappy for another great example

A

Atticus Finch

So my good TN friend Texan, What exciting new treasure have you dug up lately or what exciting treasure hunt is in the making in your neighborhood?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ahhh My friend, you can find my posts for the weekends adventure in todays finds, posted sat eve.

S

Smee

K*E*L*L*Y said:
The IP address is the same for both usernames.... so right.. if you get banned I believe they ban your ip address.
just so you really cant come back under a new name. So i would be careful of getting an alter ego just to talk smack..

Extremely simple . . . Tor & Privoxy (the Vidalia Bundle), Proxomitron, or any of a hundred other little proggies can (if properly set up) hide your IP enough for this forum.

I believe once the "Username" is banned, you cannot sign in as that user again (Past experience with Codemasters when I became upset over spyware included in their RETAIL games - They really do have an aversion to the truth coming out) but you could set up another account.

Then it would be a matter of behave or get kicked again. At that point, there are things a good mod can do to try to stop you from coming back . . . but none of them really work. It's mostly a matter of vigilance after that.

But really, if folks don't like you, why keep coming back?

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TC and Cappy.
play nice!

its a good thing i wasnt here back before nov! I WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED!
even though I'm an :angel5: :angel4: :angel12: :angel7: :angel8: :angel9:

A

Atticus Finch

K*E*L*L*Y said:
TC and Cappy.
play nice!

its a good thing i wasnt here back before nov! I WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED!
even though I'm an :angel5: :angel4: :angel12: :angel7: :angel8: :angel9:

How's this for treasure... 10 ct natural ruby.

sweet

Attachments

• RedRuby.jpg
    RedRuby.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 259

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
People with multiple email addresses can create multiple accounts... however, we keep a loose eye on these things...

I am always open to your accusations that multiple accounts are being exploited by certain members.

Yeah politics and religion. They just don't seem so befitting anymore.

.... as far as the world, the economy, and the future are concerned? I think we need a collapse.

I think we need a world wide monetary system that let's us pay our taxes on the fly. We will never get out of this mess with a 600,000 page tax code on our shoulders....

Give me a credit card that works, and tax me as I go PLEASE. Stop "offering" me a refund on every damn thing I do! (and asking me to disclose my every move!) Can we say SPIES?

NO ONE IS SEEING THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.... AND IF THEY ARE.... THEY ARE AFRAID ... LIKE THE ITALIANS ARE AFRAID OF THE MAFIA - AMERICANS ARE AFRAID OF THE IRS.

Yeah, the Politics, and Religion forums are offline. :)

Hallelujah

WARREN BUFFET FOR TREASURY SECRETARY.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for stoppin' in and sharing Marc. Hope you're doing well.

Beep

A

Atticus Finch

The Beep Goes On said:

Beep

Marc is probably in southern France imbibing a not so inexpensive Haut-Medoc Margaux or Mouton from the north. He probably has a spectacular view and I am certain in excellent company....

Nostrovia!

Cap Z.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
The Beep Goes On said:

Beep

Marc is probably in southern France imbibing a not so inexpensive Haut-Medoc Margaux or Mouton from the north. He probably has a spectacular view and I am certain in excellent company....

Nostrovia!

Cap Z.

- good one! lol

Attachments

• southoffrance.jpg
    southoffrance.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 294

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cappy Z. said:
TEXAN Connection said:

Let it go man.
Peace,

Cap Z.

the most positive thing to me in politics would be to

Fire Them all

Now as far as Treasure Hunting

maybe a Mder should run to get us access to that yard :thumbsup:

A

Atticus Finch

lol! That song "Some guys have all the luck..some guys have all the..." is ringing in my ears!
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is nice that there are folks that want a peaceful forum; leave the world at the doorstep when they enter TNet and not be bothered by the rumblings of reality knocking on our doors (or, at least someone else's opinion of reality). That's fine and I can live with that.

The Politics forum provided a safe place to confront those rumblings head-on. Not that a few posts could or would save the world, but it felt good to use the rights of free men and women to speak our minds. Yeah, I know TNet isn't governed by the Constitution, but you know what I mean. The name-calling and insults were definitely not necessary, but stuff happens in a verbal war for the truth. Not that any such thing could ever be won; truths of this sort are strongly bound by upbringing, environmental and socioeconomic factors.

The World Events forum has some topics that struck me as very controversial indeed. Even so, it is not the same. Plus, we can't post political or religious topics anymore (at least until discovered by the moderators :wink: ). Again, no problem, but I feel that there is so much to be said and shared regarding our future and I feel that we are sticking our head in the sand pretending that everything is OK. As Marc said above, "no one is seeing the elephant in the room." He was being specific, but there are many elephants in the room at this time.

If we can't talk about this stuff among friends it is a shame. I had many friendly PM's with people I went back and forth with in Politics. Just because we view the world differently doesn't mean we have to hate eachother. I think the point I want to make is that there is a lot of pressure in many people's lives, the world is at the tipping point in many ways and we have now lost the ability to share our thoughts and feelings among friends (concerning politics and religion).

I know this won't make a difference, but I can clearly see a herd of elephants in the room.

Beep

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JamesE said:
Well said Beep. :thumbsup:
Your site is really well done too.
The messages from your daughter were way dang cute...
Best to you and yours, jim

that was very cute.. the messages from your daughter. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread