Did Politics and Religion get turned off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
hmmmmm from witch to man pretending to be a woman. lol I am not sure men pretending to be women are treated much better than witches though! :wink:

Yes Kelly, there was definitely a lot of good reading in the political forums. Always entertaining and as long as you were able to see past the insults to the points folks were trying to make you could learn a great deal as well.

Ernest stop it!! You are making me laugh too hard!! I am sure they wonder sometimes about those with conservative views too! :wink: I very seldom agree with someone that has a liberal view on things but I still learn from them. I also have a lot of respect for some of those people that have liberal views that stand up for their beliefs without feeling they have to belittle those that disagree. I don't always respect someone just because they have the same conservative views I do either.

texastee2007 said:
Ernest T Bass said:
This makes me wonder if some of Liberals I argue with are actually witches in disguise. :D :D :D

you have to lift their skirts and look for the broom.

Oh man! NOw I am gonna have to find a better way to hide my broom you tattletale!! :tongue3:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gracious....I have not laughed this hard in far too long! What would I ever do without all of you? Great way to start a day! :icon_sunny:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Hey you guy's and gals! I went on vacation to Tennessee (sans internet) and when I return all of my arguing buddies are gone!! :'( I thought I had entered the twilight zone for awhile.) I hope the P&R returns because I would hate to see that stuff spill over into other forums. Kelly, I will try to keep this short, and some of it is inferred because I do not know exactly what was said between the moderators and cappy. Apparently cappy "pointed out the mental shortcomings" of some of the other posters and was warned not to do so again or he would be banned from the forum. Rather than change his way's he created a alias of aticus finch so that he could continue to post what he wanted without fear of losing his first identity of cappyz. Now that's how I understand the event, but you might want to ask cappy for more details as he and the moderators are the only ones who know everything.
Again, good to post with y'all again. Keep em swinging!!!!(detectors that is)

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
It's like walking through an area with landmines, except instead of people being physically harmed, they are emotionally harmed. I wonder if anyone has changed anyone's mind with these forums. If not, do these forums still provide some useful purpose? If so, what gets better? Best wishes, George (MN)

Likely Guy

This is just this Canuck's point of view and you can take it for what it's worth. Up here the only occasion we seem to talk politics is right before election time and religion is a topic we avoid like the plague. (Maybe that's why we talk hockey so much :icon_scratch:, but I digress.)

That said, I came to this forum through an interest in collectibles, relics, native artifacts, etc. In time, driven by curiousity, I checked out some of the other topic threads, 'World News & Events' and some of the personal pages as well. To me they seem to be nothing more than a mutual admiration club where everyone pats each other on the back and says, "Yeah! What he said!" I see very little healthy debate at all. In fact, if (god forbid) a liberal does express a point of view they'll spend the rest of the afternoon on the computer defending their views and being attacked in turn by every other poster.

In response to George (MN)'s thought, "I wonder if anyone has changed anyone's mind with these forums." NOT!, but it does give someone like me an insight into a different way of thinking.

A

Atticus Finch

THIS thread should be locked. It's overkill. The political and religious talking heads are NOT going to be allowed to push their agendas. If you want to convert, then do it from your own Personal Thread. People can visit you all there in your safe rubber rooms.

In the mean time lets talk Treasure! Or lets have a TN beauty contest where all the gals post their assets...lol.

Cap Z.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnet 1st contestants..

Attachments

• 149372048_17f0a2f5e9.jpg
    149372048_17f0a2f5e9.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 188
K

Kentucky Kache

texastee2007 said:
Cache Crazy said:
Mental Granny said:
Sorry CC! 8)

I'll get over it. CAUGH!!

drink some tea... :coffee2: it will settle you tummy.....or something harder...it will take the bad taste out of your mouth.

Now you didn't have to put it that way. ;D

BTW, I meant to say COUGH!!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
THIS thread should be locked. It's overkill. The political and religious talking heads are NOT going to be allowed to push their agendas. If you want to convert, then do it from your own Personal Thread. People can visit you all there in your safe rubber rooms.

In the mean time lets talk Treasure! Or lets have a TN beauty contest where all the gals post their assets...lol.

Cap Z.

here is a post of my assets!

Bank of America
Wachovia
Fidelity Investments
Raymond James Financial

was that what you were talking about?.... lol

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Cynangyl said:
I found the politics forum to be rather entertaining reading....I even got asked when I was going to quit trying to pretend I was a woman one day! ROFL

wait... Cynagyl someone said you must be a man because you had views or opinions or FACTS
about politics?
I hope you told them to freakin google "Alice Paul"
...if this did happen I'm sure it was some man that said it!

Man this thread got thick. Could be Cynangle someone ass-umed that due to a gal that was on here and pretended to be a man for sometime b-4 revealing her self, I liked her, straight shooter.

Ohh and Ive meet you, you are definetly NO MAN!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JamesE said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:

Wow it is OBVIOUS she is well indowed ...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Just to stay on topic:
The P&R forum was a benefit and the glory of all mankind and should enshrined in the hallowed halls of pyramid of Gaza, or is it Gisa. jjj

yes I am VERY blessed with a wonderful family. I truly am blessed...and for me they always come first.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JamesE said:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Just to stay on topic:
The P&R forum was a benefit and the glory of all mankind and should enshrined in the hallowed halls of pyramid of Gaza, or is it Gisa. jjj

Now, that's funny. We always want what we can't have... :(

It's Giza or Gizah (Arabic: الجيزة‎, transliterated el-Gīzah).

Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread