All Treasure Hunting
funny_shoot_me_al_bundy-e1304620041767.jpg

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show kind of grows on you. I guess I'm just a tad jealous because they have so much more energy than I do...lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys don't have people asking you if you do somersaults over a musket ball - asking you after every trip if you found juice or roundness
put nectar sector signs in your work area - pretty much making fun of you and your hobby because of these fools
and friggin newbies are using their darn made up words now which makes me sick - so even if you say - "don't watch it " I still have to hear about it

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and Im not jealous - I was offered a show before they were - even signed a contract but I have a federal job that I just could not give up or work around the production companies schedule for a show that pays about what I make - without the benefits and retirement - that might last a few yrs - nope

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AH, but if we could walk on the water, jump like flipper, look more like Sponge Bob, blow BIGGER bubbles than Jonah's whale, What a STAR-fish we could be!
I think making a TV show would take all the fun out of the hobby...You have to admit they are second rate compared to Abbot and Costello for making us laugh.
Their antics may drive us crazy, but their finds are the most realistic of any THR's show I have watched.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deal breaker for me was my contract said if I could not provide the "WOW" factor - they would provide it for me
told them - I post on forums and have many friends that know what I find - you expect me to let you throw a CZ avon ring in and say I found a $5000 diamond ring =
not going to do it - thing is I had one of my best years ever that year - 72 gold rings and got relics and other cool finds - would have been some good episodes
I know that finds made on Digwars were real - friends with all 6 cast members of first season - they are filming season 2 now - Chicago ron and Mark aren't on show anylonger
there are twin brothers supposedly 3rd team now

AH, but if we could walk on the water, jump like flipper, look more like Sponge Bob, blow BIGGER bubbles than Jonah's whale, What a STAR-fish we could be!
I think making a TV show would take all the fun out of the hobby...You have to admit they are second rate compared to Abbot and Costello for making us laugh.
Their antics may drive us crazy, but their finds are the most realistic of any THR's show I have watched.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Com on Casper.. It's not brain surgery.. Smile a little

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other shows stink

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys don't have people asking you if you do somersaults over a musket ball - asking you after every trip if you found juice or roundness
put nectar sector signs in your work area - pretty much making fun of you and your hobby because of these fools
and friggin newbies are using their darn made up words now which makes me sick - so even if you say - "don't watch it " I still have to hear about it

Yes I do actually and I think it's in light-hearted good humour and find it funny... I ain't skeered

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show is the worst thing that ever happened to our hobby !
the government is the worst - they are close 2nd

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other shows stink
they could be so much better - they act like they are doing a kid show - I was contacted by someone from their production company before they did show on Cape cod -
asked me my advice/suggestions - told them what a lot of us thought - didnt listen though - don't think that guy is with them either any longer - so maybe he tried

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the opportunity to meet The Diggers a few weeks ago at the Texas Metal Detecting Coin and Relic Show. They are genuine down to earth detectorists who enjoy picking on each other 24-7. If you would have seen how many kids came by to get their pictures made with KG and Ringy, you would understand that they are making a big impact in bringing new and young people into the hobby. They do a lot of work ( 5 days of detecting) each week digging trash to get enough good targets to provide a show.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So was I Casper, since I had done several video's on hunters on Youtube, I told them to go to the Jersey Shores.. then about one month later at Corson's Inlet a few hunters hit the mother load, and all hell broke loose. Boy that would have been a great episode ...

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they could be so much better - they act like they are doing a kid show - I was contacted by someone from their production company before they did show on Cape cod -
asked me my advice/suggestions - told them what a lot of us thought - didnt listen though - don't think that guy is with them either any longer - so maybe he tried

I really believe a lot of it has to do would the production company the producers and so forth I'll take what I can get and from what I've seen diggers is there most informative and most realistic metal detecting show I've seen

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That show is the worst thing that ever happened to our hobby !

:nono: That would be the traveling freak show called American Diggers. I also disagree because the diggers show presents a positive look at the use of metal detecting to find and preserve history. The worst thing that has ever been and continues to be a problem in our hobby is not digging and filling in the holes appropriately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely up there at the top of the list I like to keep a little saying in my head that goes something like a man's true character is what he does when he thinks no one's looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread