Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a few episodes just for the hell of it because I was all caught up on my treasure hunting shows... I will say this.. I'm over complaining about the lingo and the goofiness.. What really made me angry the past couple of episodes is the fact that these big plugs are being taken out of the ground with total disregard for covering their tracks and if anyone thinks for a minute THAT doesn't look bad then you are blind IMHO. This show may lead more than a handful of people to buying a metal detector and pursuing this great hobby but it's also showing these inexperienced people to just go ahead and dig. This is where the real problem is and everyone knows why.

Seriously, how hard would it be to stress covering your tracks, respect the land respect the landowners? The answer is "Not hard at all" yet we see nothing. Aside from the antics on the show, I think people would respect it much more if you took a few seconds to explain this every once in a while.

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this thread is full of juicy nectarizing roundness....lol

I watched the show a couple of times. I, myself, am a pretty inexperienced MD'er and the times I've went out, and did find something (although nothing like what they are finding, or what most of you guys and gals are finding), I didn't get the urge to jump in a tree, let alone hump one, or do a pete rose slide across the ground.
But...like what was said earlier, I think the antics are there for the viewers. And I agree, it would be a much more watchable show if they toned it down some. I do like their enthusiasm though. They do seem sincere about the love of the hunt.

Last edited:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched a few episodes just for the hell of it because I was all caught up on my treasure hunting shows... I will say this.. I'm over complaining about the lingo and the goofiness.. What really made me angry the past couple of episodes is the fact that these big plugs are being taken out of the ground with total disregard for covering their tracks and if anyone thinks for a minute THAT doesn't look bad then you are blind IMHO. This show may lead more than a handful of people to buying a metal detector and pursuing this great hobby but it's also showing these inexperienced people to just go ahead and dig. This is where the real problem is and everyone knows why.

Seriously, how hard would it be to stress covering your tracks, respect the land respect the landowners? The answer is "Not hard at all" yet we see nothing. Aside from the antics on the show, I think people would respect it much more if you took a few seconds to explain this every once in a while.

Very good point, thank you for pointing that out. I'm sure they think keeping it light will promote ratings but it wouldnt hurt them to mention while they're digging their "slammin" signal to show how to dig a plug and mention a few of the golden rules.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. all watch with the mute "buddin" on...or the last 5 minutes just to look at all the dis-appointment in the land owners expression when his property looks like Norman-die...
Ya I have to agree with Wit... wears the cloth to put the dirt on....I would like to see them pick up the piece of crap that they just found and put it in there pocket and cover the hole like their hiding a fortune in gold and they don't want you too know.

liftloop

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen first hand that not everyone ( members of treasure net ) fill their plugs They claim to be so good at detecting Not

Ill bet those guys on diggers have the crew filling the plugs in so they can keep filming

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They do fill it in, right after they hand the target to the archie, Kate. Frank 111-1 profile.jpg

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is intriguing to watch even with all the despite.

khune

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Tesoro Bandit
White's 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I know is that I've got siv in the hole..

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the part about the lingo they use that annoys/humors me is the fact they put the definition up on the screen....like its some detectorist's dictionary......it reminds me of when grunge music got big in the 90s...some newspaper went to Seattle to do a story about it.....the reporter ended up meeting some joe-shmoe (not someone in a band or anything) and they ended up getting fed a list of goofy words and definitions made up on the spot...anyways.....when the article was published....everybody who lived out there was like "huh....this is news to me..!"......sort of how I felt...Ive detected with a lot of other people..and never heard of any of the terms in the show....wish they could call coppers "coppers" and not "cologne" ....heh

OP
OP
Bhodge

Bhodge

Mar 1, 2005
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading all this and being educated on the production side of the show, I have a bit more respect for those guys. I still think it would give the rest of us average joes who detect a better since of professionalism to the community if they would stop calling silver "silv" and just call it what it is. Make the show more educational and less entertainment. At least that's how I feel. Also, I'd like to see what they get to keep and what they have found in the past. Also, I'd like to see what specific machines they use.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
After reading all this and being educated on the production side of the show, I have a bit more respect for those guys. I still think it would give the rest of us average joes who detect a better since of professionalism to the community if they would stop calling silver "silv" and just call it what it is. Make the show more educational and less entertainment. At least that's how I feel. Also, I'd like to see what they get to keep and what they have found in the past. Also, I'd like to see what specific machines they use.
.... They have found a lot in the past i have one of there first dvd's from about 5 years ago....... And they show a lot of the good things they have found....... before they made a dvd or was on tv........They were big into metal detecting........I am not sure but it seems like there are some here are a little jealous of there success.....

mlamp20412

Apr 26, 2008
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the AT Pro sounds on the show are not accurate? I am getting an AT Pro soon an was alarmed to hear the incessant beeping on every swing. Almost like falsing due to picking the coil up at the end of each swing. Any AT Pro users thoughts on this?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the AT Pro sounds on the show are not accurate? I am getting an AT Pro soon an was alarmed to hear the incessant beeping on every swing. Almost like falsing due to picking the coil up at the end of each swing. Any AT Pro users thoughts on this?

the sounds you here are definitely not falsing .

the sounds you hear are canned sounds edited in,
same as they edit laughter into many comedy shows that are not filmed live.

it wouldn't surprise me if production actually thought that is what detectors
do while being swung, once they found out they don't crackle like geiger counters

Last edited:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, no. I have two AT Pro's and the sounds on the show are not accurate at all- The owners of the AT Gold can chime in here because I believe the AT Gold is a little noisier. That swinging and beeping back and forth like a metronome does not happen. I feel it's great Garrett sponsors it, but it's bad advertisement to make the machine sound as badly as they do.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tone is accurate for the At Gold, but the beep at the end of the swing isn't normally there. The gold actually has a constant threshold tone.

Garrett doesn't sponsor the show, but the Diggers guys are Garrett dealers.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well lets recap. They are both Garrett dealers, one is a miner and the other is a programmer, they are now both actors. That sums it up. Frank
PS They both speak their own personal language and pop there cork at finding something.

111-1 profile.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets recap. They are both Garrett dealers, one is a miner and the other is a programmer, they are now both actors. That sums it up. Frank
PS They both speak their own personal language and pop there cork at finding something.

View attachment 728281
What are you trying to say?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread