Diggers

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used gti 2500's before making the show diggers and before the at series was out so there is where you are wrong dusty. I've seen them use both at models and both dd coils. You can come and hunt behind me dusty I'll clear the good stuff and you can get the bottle caps after I'm done because I won't dig them. Might want to learn your machine or just give up on the hobby because you sure have had enough time to learn the diff of bottle caps and good stuff with that 350 you have.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is the case lets hope the Guys from Diggers have Epiphany,and start using Minelabs.
hmm maybe they don't want to bankrupt the show just to buy a couple metal detectors that find the same stuff they already find.

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
No way they would swing garrett line detectors because they just like them....they are being given endorsements to hunt with them

No... They aren't. AT's are solid machines. Probably the best detector on the market other than really high line ones. They made like personal YouTube videos and used AT pros before they were even on TV.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm maybe they don't want to bankrupt the show just to buy a couple metal detectors that find the same stuff they already find.
Yeah, I think some guys are embarrassed that a machine that costs less than half of what their machine costs, works just as well.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think some guys are embarrassed that a machine that costs less than half of what their machine costs, works just as well.

Well, you hear all the time it has to do with the person running it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
No way they would swing garrett line detectors because they just like them....they are being given endorsements to hunt with them
Like Metal Detecting Stuff .. said The diggers used Garrett a long time before the TV show .. And they were Garrett dealers and as far as i know all they sold was Garrett .. I hate to disappoint you but they were Garrett users from the start from what i saw .. I was watching them and there web site for 10 or 12 years give or take………………….. One thing about… dustytrails…every time some one talks good about Garrett he is right there with his running Garrett down..

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Metal Detecting Stuff .. said The diggers used Garrett a long time before the TV show .. And they were Garrett dealers and as far as i know all they sold was Garrett .. I hate to disappoint you but they were Garrett users from the start from what i saw .. I was watching them and there web site for 10 or 12 years give or take………………….. One thing about… dustytrails…every time some one talks good about Garrett he is right there with his running Garrett down..
I only give my 2 cents on the machine i use and thats a garrett.... you will be happy to know i just ordered the at pro so we will see how many good things i can come up with once i get some time on the machine .....and back to the diggers .....do you think they would give free advertising away ? ...there would be duct tape over the name brand until someone coughed up some cash

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I only give my 2 cents on the machine i use and thats a garrett.... you will be happy to know i just ordered the at pro so we will see how many good things i can come up with once i get some time on the machine .....and back to the diggers .....do you think they would give free advertising away ? ...there would be duct tape over the name brand until someone coughed up some cash
I would have to say yes they are getting some kind of payment from Garrett i am not that naive .. I still live in the real world .. like was said before they the diggers are making big dollars now.. Yes that was ..MONTANAGOLD … there buddy that said that the diggers are now making a ton of money….. So they get money from the TV show and get money From Garrett and who knows were else...

Last edited:

riden2low

Greenie
Aug 11, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
EQUINOX 800
I my self don't mind watching the show. I just record it so I can zip thru the stupid stuff like like the two jumping over bushes and swinging from tree limbs after they found something. Oh yeah roundness? Why don't they just say coin.

Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had an AT Gold since they came out (started watching diggers after) I absolutely love my AT Gold. I think we should all use what we are comfortable with. I'm tuned into my machine and for me it's the best. My buddy has a minelab and won't even try the gold. Each to his own. Plus when I hunt with my buddy I let him get the pull tabs and junk, I just follow him and pick up the coins, jewelry, and gold ha ha couldn't resist!!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with riden2lo I do the same. There are things I like and things I don't about the show.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If these guys didn't jump over fences and hang from trees and acting goofy having a fun time while being a little over enthusiastic metal detecting, think how boring the show would be, 2 guys metal detecting and being all serious?? Boring!

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If these guys didn't jump over fences and hang from trees and acting goofy having a fun time while being a little over enthusiastic metal detecting, think how boring the show would be, 2 guys metal detecting and being all serious?? Boring!

I guess it kind of depends on wether you metal detect or not. I PERSONALLY would enjoy the show a bit more if they just hi-fived and congratulated each other when they found something interesting. However, I'm fine with them doing that when they find something really big, like the time capsule with Steve Job's mouse. Don't get me started on the made up terms, though. That gets on my nerves for some reason...

If you guys really want a laugh, Search "Hitler hates metal detecting shows" in YouTube. Someone else has the link in a thread he started beginning with "LMAO..." It's the sixth thread under the videos section.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I think even if you liked metal detecting, if you had 2 guys walking around digging coins like Mr Rogers neighborhood..."look another coin folks"...lets move on to our next hole".. I couldn't watch 2 boring guys metal detect all day. I can handle watching them for a half hr cause they're nuts and they make a solitaire hobby to be a lot of fun which is hard to do.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show and they don't bother me at all in the way they act. I yelled loud last summer when I found an Indian head out by my barn and wife came out and asked if I was ok. I said I found and Indian head cent my first one lol she walked in shaking her head.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell, I'm jealous.

I'd like to have a T.V. show-

Maybe if the producers knew I had an ice cream eating rum drinking metal detecting parrot I could get a show too!

IMG_1338.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread