Diggers

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One uses the Gold and one Uses the Pro

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's a pic.... diggers.jpg

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
george-kg-wyant-diggers.jpg Here is Another Pic.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The earlier shows at least one of them used the AT Pro. I read somewhere they decided they liked the AT Gold better. They do a lot of relic hunting.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked at both before I bought mine, both do the job for treasures. I decided to grab an go with the garrett all terrain gold. I go for coins at home to train, but I got it mine for gold mostly. I really like that my detector will make an oink when theres worthless iron targets. and she will swell sing a hi pitch before a gold target. Git tha gold!:hello2:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll use anything Garrett.On the last show they used a treasure hound and gti2500.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know how they alway compete against each other. I guess the AT Gold came out the winner more times. I suppose the ATX is going to be next.

Last edited:

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they both appear to be using the gold now. I have heard from several relic hunters that they like the gold over the pro for relics. Maybe the higher frequency

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the at-gold isn't selling as much as the pro, that is why Garrett makes them use the gold, to push sales...!!!???

OP
OP
C

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the at-gold isn't selling as much as the pro, that is why Garrett makes them use the gold, to push sales...!!!???

Seems logical to me...

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all personal preference. Just like everybody else who detects, each person will gravitate towards the detector he/she prefers. I own an AT Pro myself and have found everything under the sun with it. Coins, UXOs, firearms, ammunition, buttons, belt buckles, shoe buckles, religious medallions, thimbles, musket balls, grape shot, etc. In my opinion, the AT Pro is a highly versatile detector. But just as the saying goes, "To each his own!"

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That's incorrect. Garrett doesn't have anything to do with Diggers. National Geographics is now owned by FOX. Although Garrett is probably quite ecstatic about the Anaconda Treasure.com (Team ATC) using Garrett equipment, they have no influence about what that show uses for equipment. But it might say something about the quality of the AT Series.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's incorrect. Garrett doesn't have anything to do with Diggers. National Geographics is now owned by FOX. Although Garrett is probably quite ecstatic about the Anaconda Treasure.com (Team ATC) using Garrett equipment, they have no influence about what that show uses for equipment. But it might say something about the quality of the AT Series.
That is hard to believe.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that is the case lets hope the Guys from Diggers have Epiphany,and start using Minelabs.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way they would swing garrett line detectors because they just like them....they are being given endorsements to hunt with them

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Diggers guys are Garrett dealers and have been even before the tv show. They began making videos under Anaconda Treasure Company and either got noticed or submitted them to the producer of the Diggers concept.

Garrett did not initially endorse the show, they waited to see the public reaction. I don't know if they are now paying for an endorsement now.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I see it as a quite normal thing... Hey it's tv so there is almost nothing that appears on tv that is not sponsored. You watch a news room and they have a Sony LCD on the back??? That is because Sony gave them that LCD to show. If Garrett is not giving anything to be on the show why use a detector that, in my personal opinion, and many others, is mediocre at most??? Why not get a top of the line detector? Because they just can't. More or less like the other show of Rick savage, that uses whites detectors. Even if I consider them better than many I bet they use those because they have some comeback....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread