Dinosaur 13

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
what, you mean a dinosaur is older than 50 yrs. old ? Durnit, now I'm gonna have to go put back all those dinosaur bones I found on federal land.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I burn gallons of liquid dinosaur in my truck daily :hello:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what, you mean a dinosaur is older than 50 yrs. old ? Durnit, now I'm gonna have to go put back all those dinosaur bones I found on federal land.

You may joke about it, but they have hit people for massive fines and jail time for collecting fossils on Fed land.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You may joke about it, but they have hit people for massive fines and jail time for collecting fossils on Fed land.

You can get that here for picking-up mussel shells from the COE lakes during winter draw-down.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
crappies-n-coins , do you know of anyone who got a "massive fine and jail" for picking up a mussel shell ? And Jason, I'm sure there's examples of "books being thrown at people" for something crazy all the time. Like there's no doubt someone who's been pulled over, roughed up, ticketed, jailed, car confiscated, etc... for a tail-light out. If you look long enough and hard enough at what *could* happen, you'd be so scared you'd never leave your front door in the morning.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crappies-n-coins , do you know of anyone who got a "massive fine and jail" for picking up a mussel shell ? And Jason, I'm sure there's examples of "books being thrown at people" for something crazy all the time. Like there's no doubt someone who's been pulled over, roughed up, ticketed, jailed, car confiscated, etc... for a tail-light out. If you look long enough and hard enough at what *could* happen, you'd be so scared you'd never leave your front door in the morning.

Stop it Tom, this isn't about someone wanting to gp metal detecting in the local park!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
How true ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread