Discovery ch. Gold Rush Alaska

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't call it gold fever for no reason. :notworthy:

Chilkoot_Pass.jpg

where0005.jpg

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
We for the most part are a bunch of whoosies today. Those Old Codgers put it all on the line. :thumbsup:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Aw Heck, just go downstream from the claim, dip your rear in the running water and let nature take its coarse. :laughing7:
As for sleeping arrangements, just crawl up in a hollor log and catch a few Z's.

Men like us don't need no fancy cabin on wheels. :tongue3:

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
Thought i was in for a real treat when this show started, but found it to be just as hilarious as one of my favorite old school shows F-TROOP) this group reminds me of them... This show has been one of the worst i have ever seen on the discovery channel.... nothing wrong with dreams and gold but theres a right way and a wrong way to do things and they have failed in every way, fashion, or form, from day one.... it's no wonder they do not get along... would love to see Dorsey put Todd in his place.... i do not for one solve my problems with violence etc, so please do not take my reply to this thread out of context, but some people just need there teeth knocked thru there lips and Todd is a perfect candidate... HH :headbang:

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
,OK, my thoughts on the people on the show a lot has been said. But in my opinion they have pulled off an amazing job.

1) todd , the odds selling a reality show are worse than winning the lottery.
First you have to present your idea in a way that can be visualized this is not easy.

2)Then it goes a committee see if it would fit into their programming.
3) a committee decides the storyline can be made and work
4) a feasibility study on the logistics.
5) actual storyline and the participants will work
6) then to the pencil pushers to see if it's practical and will attract sponsors.
7) financial negotiations
8) then todd
has the team together and negotiate
9) at any time the whole thing can be terminated.
A few more things I can't think now
You have to give them credit selling the show and getting it aired was an amazing feat.
The show could have been about anything. Just getting going you have to give them credit.

Jim D. seems to be smarter than the average bear and may have a chance to turn his life around because of this show. Hopefully we'll be able to put something together and sell it to discovering.
He should speak with todd he does have a proven track record in media

Discovering did their job well, it is proven by the success in the ratings. No matter how poorly anybody may feel the show is. The production company is proven themselves. Where it counts returned on dollars .

I'm confident that you went to one of the logging forums they would be shaking their heads also.
On one of the aviation forums i read that the Alaska airport show forgot name. As part of their contract FAA violations canot be shown.
It's all about money and everybody involved seems to be doing a professional job. Remember it's all about sponsors if they're happy everything goes on.
P.s. There's a lot of shows where you hate one of the actor's. Keep in mind its a show and you do not really know these guys.
If I happen to personally meet anybody on the show. I'll give you my opinion of what I really feel they represent as a person.

mcscs
mike

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Boys I don't know about the rest of you, but I have read quite a few of Klondikeike's posts. That old boy didn't just fall off the Turnip Wagon. He has been around the bend and back several times. His posts are solid and full of substance, not arrogant or braggy.
Now I know that he has rode this horse in the ground several times and is not really keen on getting back in the saddle. But, if he was willing for one more escapade, with a full share at no cost to him but the knowledge in his head, I think some of us would be more than willing to finance and work a project. Of course Klondikeike would have to be part of the claim search and finale approval of said site would be his choice. God knows the man is head and shoulders above the rest of us regarding this subject.

We would have to be willing to provide financing, equipment and labor. Some of us, will be more incline to pay for most of their share in labor and some more in financing and labor combined. Again boys, it is just something to think about, but as for me, if Klondikeike got in the boat I dang sure will row it.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was wrong about the gold being pyrite. :icon_scratch:
what a mess, they need a small drege/sluice box to refine.
i did notice darci re adjust the table so the gold flowed off it very well, stubornness is not a good thing in a operation like this. :help:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Boys I don't know about the rest of you, but I have read quite a few of Klondikeike's posts. That old boy didn't just fall off the Turnip Wagon. He has been around the bend and back several times. His posts are solid and full of substance, not arrogant or braggy.
Now I know that he has rode this horse in the ground several times and is not really keen on getting back in the saddle. But, if he was willing for one more escapade, with a full share at no cost to him but the knowledge in his head, I think some of us would be more than willing to finance and work a project. Of course Klondikeike would have to be part of the claim search and finale approval of said site would be his choice. God knows the man is head and shoulders above the rest of us regarding this subject.

We would have to be willing to provide financing, equipment and labor. Some of us, will be more incline to pay for most of their share in labor and some more in financing and labor combined. Again boys, it is just something to think about, but as for me, if Klondikeike got in the boat I dang sure will row it.

If Klondike's in I would most likely buy some shares in the company. :icon_thumleft:
I bet a lot of us would.

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Harley, sounds like you need to visit your fellow Texan and see if he is willing.

On Board at this time.
GoodyGuy
Harley
GrayCloud

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be ideal is if you could find claim owners with proven claims who would hire "the T-Net crew" to work them on a percentage basis.

"Have Crew Will Travel"

Put a crew together with enough equipment and experience and I'm sure you will find claim owners who would be happy to take a percentage deal. The claim was leased to the Hoffman's for 20% of the gold take.

http://www.goldminershq.com/stores/claims.htm

http://www.akmining.com/mine/minclass.htm

http://www.goldledge.com/classifieds/index.html

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found more info about Earle Fosters Claim's in Alaska featured in the Gold Rush Alaska series on Discovery Channel.

Some good background information concerning behind the scenes details and coaching.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/content.detail/id/551200.html

What the town thinks of the Gold Rush Alaska show and crew members.
Todd makes sure the town knows he's a jerk upfront :laughing7:
http://chilkatvalleynews.com/story.asp?Story=91&'Reality-miners'-seek-fortune--or-fame

The claim was leased to the Hoffman's for 20% of the gold taken out and the claim owner is not happy. (video)
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/gold-rush-alaska-claim-owner-visit.html

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks GG, I will take my time and review the sites you listed. I have no problem with a % operation and can see where it may be a safeguard and cost effective.

Klonkikeike if you are willing, I will take a three day weekend and with the wife drive down to Texas for an introduction. Just to let you see the character and sincerity of us and discuss such a venture. It is one thing to sit behind a computer and pipe dream, it is another to make a commitment and take the bull by the horns. Some of these old boys here I have full trust in their character. We can be selective and not have the issues like the Discovery Circus. Again, this can be arrange to were you will not be at risk financially. We may can even arrange where three or four of us to meet up. Just let us know.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Harley, sounds like you need to visit your fellow Texan and see if he is willing.

On Board at this time.
GoodyGuy
Harley
GrayCloud

I briefly spoke with him last week prior to me leaving for the weapons range for my unit. He told me if I found out any definite info/location on any possible claims I am looking to buy into, he would come check it out, run tests, etc, for me for a small fee. I picked his brain briefly and he definitely knows what he is talking about and he definitely would be someone I would be willing to pay to check out an area or even partner with. Especially getting educated on the whole gold locating and recovery.

I got some things going on this week and next week, but I am planning on contacting him again and hopefully get a definite location as to which one I am going to pursue and see if he has time to look it over with me. I been reading up on some mines, etc, in Alaska as well since this show came about, and of course it is seasonal work but I am the kind of person I don't care if it is snowing 20ft deep. If I got a goal to get something, only god and maybe nature may stop me or get in my way. Alaska is remote, so there is not really the amount of population as it is here on this side of the U.S., so there is more gold in Alaska that probably has not even been found due to the harsh terrain and winters.

I know the Alaskan or any wilderness can have very harsh conditions and one has to be prepared for anything, everything, and especially survival needs. Many things can be done on a claim to save money, ie, like solar panels for 3/4 of power instead of high fuel costs, hunting some food, (wild game), water purification systems, building a log cabin instead of buying and hauling in limber, etc.

If I found gold I wouldn't go full scale like the Hoffmans, (unless I found a 40lb nugget), until I recovered my expenses, everyone getting their cut and made a good enough profit to bring in high cost mining equipment to bring it full scale. It would be cool though to get a team together and recover more gold than the Hoffmans with us using only small scale mining means. Wouldn't that be cool? Now that would be a show!!!! It isn't a matter of what you got to use equipment wise, but how much you gold recover from it.

I know from reading Klondike's posts and seeing his pictures always makes me drool looking at all the gold he has found and I envy him. He is definitely someone I would partner up with in a heartbeat. I would certainly let him have a better cut in my opinion because of the knowledge and experience he has.

I do however am going to pursue something somewhere and I got access to $20,000-$30,000 to start with. I got lots of experience with just about every piece of heavy equipment, welding, mechanical repair/troubleshooting/rebuilding, map reading, labor work, etc. truthfully I am a workaholic, if something needs to be done. I pay attention to detail when things need to be done right unless something has to be improvised, but I can thank the Army for teaching me that as well!

The only thing is, being I am new at this, even though I been researching for a couple of years now, read books, etc. I don't want to do the venture by myself, but also don't want to partner up with just anybody. As GrayCloud said, there are a very select few on T-Net or anywhere I would trust and do this with. I would also want at least 1 person with good experience at gold mining/recovery. I don't have a job, it doesn't look like I am going to do any motorcycle rallies this year due to the economy. And it doesn't look like my unit is going anywhere anytime soon being the last 4 deployments were canceled. So I am getting my paperwork completed to see if I have enough retirement points to retire which I won't know for another 6 months.

I REALLY would like to get a group together and make this happen.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
I just found more info about Earle Fosters Claim's in Alaska featured in the Gold Rush Alaska series on Discovery Channel.

The claim was leased to the Hoffman's for 20% of the gold taken out and the claim owner is not happy. (video)
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/gold-rush-alaska-claim-owner-visit.html

GG~

Sounds like we could get a crew together including Klondikes help and partnership and take the claim from the Hoffmans! Being Mr Foster has the option to get rid of them at the end of the season.

I think the Hoffmans found more gold than what they are letting out. Fact is, an example when the old man was in the tent all by him lonesome self weighing the gold. A team works together, a team weighs together, gold gets locked up secured, that way there is no shady crap going on.

I am a pretty good judge of characters, but when I saw Todd on the show, the first thing that comes to my mind is distrust. His old man is his way or no way, and also I have a slight distrust of him being just as shady!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Thanks GG, I will take my time and review the sites you listed. I have no problem with a % operation and can see where it may be a safeguard and cost effective.

Klonkikeike if you are willing, I will take a three day weekend and with the wife drive down to Texas for an introduction. Just to let you see the character and sincerity of us and discuss such a venture. It is one thing to set behind a computer and pipe dream, it is another to make a commitment and take the bull by the horns. Some of these old boys here I have full trust in their character. We can be selective and not have the issues like the Discovery Circus. Again, this can be arrange to were you will not be at risk financially. We may can even arrange where three or four of us to meet up. Just let us know.

Count me in!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allow me to run this one up the pole and see if it flies. :tongue3:

It's no secret that I love to donate my treasure hunting and gold prospecting profits to the Make a Wish Foundation http://www.wish.org/

So I just had this brainstorm :sign13:
Perhaps enough experienced like minded individuals could get together with me to form a non profit mining operation donating all of our profits to seeing that these children who only have a short time left to live can have their last wish come true!

I bet we could get all the equipment we need as tax write off donations from various manufacturers.
We could then pay our operating expenses and the claim owner out of the recovered gold, with no out of pocket expense.

While the company itself would not be allowed to profit, I believe we as miners would be allowed to receive a payroll plus the satisfaction that our efforts were going to a worthy cause, and the experience we would be gaining not to mention the fun we could have.

The manufacturers would get exposure from free publicity and the whole country would be pulling for us.
Do you think the Discovery channel would want to be involved and broadcast our efforts?

We could set a goal each week to make a dieing child's wish come true! :icon_sunny:

Also we could rotate the crew with volunteers so we could each have some time off.

Just a thought :dontknow:

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Harley, I assure you sir that you will be included in any joint venture that I pursue. As I have already stated I am presently on a job in Oklahoma till probably April or May of 2012. That does not mean I cannot do my part at this time financially and even some on site labor as time permits. If all goes well and my time and labor was needed, we will cross that bridge if needed. I too have many of the skills as listed by you and there is not a lot of backup in me. What I do not have in my life at this time, is the excitement of waking up so I can get back to and enjoy my work. I have experienced hardship and even hunger in my life, but at this time I am on the downhill side and life has become too easy. Nothing that a shovel and pick won't help.

The Ace Card here is the participation of Klondikeike. It is just that simple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread