Disease

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
I now have the "Detectors Disease".....and my wife will soon become a "Detecting Widow". I have had a detector for about a year that I borrowed from my sister they had bought for my nephew one Christmas who didn't find gold in his back yard and so never picked it up again. I was using it to find property markers. I went out yesterday to look around a old school and found a bunch of clad around the concession area. Before I left I decided to work the area along the sidewalks. First hit was a 1927 Mercury in great shape....followed by a couple of Roosevelts...all silver. About every 5 minutes I was hitting clad....followed by more silver. Last coin found before I left was a 1945 Mercury in great shape. I had it set for auto notch and was getting a ton of hits in the Iron/Foil range and Screw Cap......didn't figure it was anything. I'm going back to work this 100 x 200 area that was the back of the old school before they added on. I don't believe anyone has ever searched this area.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into the detecting game because my wife decided I needed something to keep me busy and get some exercise now that I am retired. What I love about it is not knowing what your next scoop full of soil will reveal. It's like getting a birthday present every day you go out. There are days when you find the gift that old aunt Gertrude always sent and you push back the dirt and say, Oh, that's nice, a pull tab, just what I wanted". Then there are those times when you expect a pull tab and just might pull out a gold ring and you can't wait to show it off, share it with all your friends and say, "That's REALLY nice"! I always get a thrill when I get home and remove a lot of the gunk and see what that old penny really looks like.....is it rare, old, collectible? It's not a disease it's ust a never ending birthday party and you are always the guest of honor.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
We love you Trevor, lol. Welcome. Ive been a serious hardcore detecorist, going out in the rain , freezing my .... off in the cold, sun up to sun down, itching to get up the next day to start all over again. Just recently started posting here. Havent had time in the past. There seem to be alot of good people here to help you guys out.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, guys, I hate to break it to you but there -IS- a cure! Dig for a few months finding nothing but pull tabs and bottlecaps, and you'll get your perspective back. The goodies are there, but sometimes it is real work to find them! Still, Trevor43, sounds like you found a great place to start out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread