Disease

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
I now have the "Detectors Disease".....and my wife will soon become a "Detecting Widow". I have had a detector for about a year that I borrowed from my sister they had bought for my nephew one Christmas who didn't find gold in his back yard and so never picked it up again. I was using it to find property markers. I went out yesterday to look around a old school and found a bunch of clad around the concession area. Before I left I decided to work the area along the sidewalks. First hit was a 1927 Mercury in great shape....followed by a couple of Roosevelts...all silver. About every 5 minutes I was hitting clad....followed by more silver. Last coin found before I left was a 1945 Mercury in great shape. I had it set for auto notch and was getting a ton of hits in the Iron/Foil range and Screw Cap......didn't figure it was anything. I'm going back to work this 100 x 200 area that was the back of the old school before they added on. I don't believe anyone has ever searched this area.

Upvote 0

BRINK

Oct 21, 2004
? ?
? ? YEP......! ?You've GOT-IT. ? ?and IT'S .... GOT-YOU
? ? ? Keep us Posted with some PICTURES....thats my Rx ?for this
? ? ?
? ? ?Disease..! ? ? ain't it great...? ? ? ? ? ? HH ? ?BRINK

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Disease, affliction, addiction or virus. It seems to be something less than a handicap. You're welcome here and we all share your malady.
You swing a coil.
You look for unknown goodies.
You can't help it.
You are not alone.
You are a good person.
All of us are good persons.
Now, group hug.
Aw that's more like it.

Happy hunting!

C

czman

It gets in your blood and thats it...you are hooked...HH...Don

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
At least you contracted a "good disease" and hopefully it isn't fatal. You're in good company here. Keep digging.
BRD

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Hey trev welcome to my sickness. At least you haven't Started spending the rent money yet! Sounds like you got a great spot that should produce more as you get better with your machine. Cladius.

C

chaazz

yeah must be an epidemic its all over the united states lol

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there has to be a therapist or shrink among our members that can help us set up an AAA program for the ones of us that are about to go over the edge. We could call it:
AWESOME AFFLICTION ANNONOMOS with a twelve step program to get our hand to unwrap from the metal detector grip!

Hambone

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome to Metal Detecors Anonymous. My name is Jeff and I'm a detectorist. It's been 3 days since my last find and I'm glad to be here.

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Nobody knows but Jesus
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen
Glory Hallelujah

N

nesterhaus

Sure beats a hangover, DUI, PI, DWI, having to contact a dealer (besides kellyco), no hidden bottles in the bathroom (just ones underground), no blackouts, no coming-to in the morning next to a stranger, no paranoia, But we will always have the jonesing!!
Dig on!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Lord, Grant me the sereniy to accept the fact that I can't find them all
The courage to ask permission before I dig
and the wisdom to keep my mouth shut if I find the BIG ONE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread