Used hammer & chisel today...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Used hammer & chisel today...

Went to a 50 year old or older drive in movie that's been closed down for years. About 99% of it was snow covered, but an area on a hill under the screen was clear. I only had about an hour and the ground was still frozen. I had to use a hammer and chisel so I was only going to dig something that had a good chance of being a coin. I was two for three. Dug (or should I say chiseled) a Rosie (non-silver) dime and a memorial penny. It was a lot of work. The third signal turned out to be part of a car door handle. I'm sure this area has been detected over the years, since it's on a main highway, but I may go back in the spring and try a bit more around the ticket booth and the food vending area. Here's a link if you click and scroll down you can see all the photos of this old site. If you want to search drive ins in your area click "database" on left hand side.
http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/nytmid2

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: Used hammer & chisel today...

That's gotta be a big lot there. Have fun when it thaws. Got a few old drive ins around here but the closest one has been so dug and turned over it's now compressed into a large pile that's very narrow. Large homes now sit where we used to sneak out of the trunk...

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
Re: Used hammer & chisel today...

i tried to do the same thing yesterday ended up with a sore shoulder and a 37 wheatie still a good way to spend a few hours

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread