Do you believe in dreams?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
But history will often show many explanations that were considered reasonable and true at the time to be false. You can come up with many examples yourself I'm sure with out having to go back very far.

Hmmm, sure. History shows us that scientists once thought the earth was flat, right ? And that heavier than air flight was impossible, right ? Yet both those notions later got shown to be false. Is the the line of logic you are presenting here now ?

Ok, then does that therefore mean: "Thus anything you can propose, no matter how silly and explainable"... is of necessity true ?.

In other words, I could say that leprechauns reside under your bed, or in your closet at night. And if you tell me: "That's silly", all I would have to do, is say the same thing you are saying here. That: " ... history will often show many explanations that were considered reasonable and true at the time to be false."

Does that prove leprechauns reside under your bed ? Of course not.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
For 20 years I have been able to predict lotto winning and I have never been wrong once. You buy a lotto ticket and I can tell you if you will win or not. Never been wrong yet.

Haha, lemme guess: All you have to do is predict that the ticket is a looser. And you will be correct 99.99999% of the time :)

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I have at different periods recorded my dreams in the morning, complete with drawings of scenes. Sometimes I find myself in old familiar places that I only visit in dreams. Meeting people who I haven't seen in years, but only know them in dreams. A couple of times i would pick up old photographs and as I looked at them they would rewind like a movie for a minuet and start playing forward. Always found that to be interesting. Now I only record a few dreams a year when they stand out.
You

There is an entity I call THE Dream Maker. The more attention a person gives to their dreams the clearer and more meaning they will find in them.
Writing down the content of dreams will add meaning. Even if you can't remember bluff the Dream Maker and your dreams will become more meaningful.
We are more connected than we know generally. Also there is a different time/space in dreams. Fly anywhere.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
"Along with this there is sleep paralysis where a person can't move and is half asleep and half awake."

I've experienced this phenomenon and used to panic whenever it occurred. In order to put some sanity into the confusion I felt after startling myself to a conscious state of mind, I delved into some reading research. I've discovered that this state is the threshold to OBA (Outside Body Activity). If embraced, it can be quite an experience. Next time any of you are aware of being in this condition, stay calm and direct your thoughts to traveling.......go look in your refrigerator, check out the garage, look out a window in a different room. You might be surprised.....................

I was once in a relationship where this woman developed this ability. Being very scientific, when she would leave her body she would take notes in her head as to what she saw, like a certain something and how it was placed. Later she would confirm these things were where she saw them.
This happened countless times and written about in her notebooks.
Now here's a warning. After several years she found she couldn't go to sleep w/o leaving her body. She told me it was like her astral body could find it's way back but all that she had to use was what she referred to as a thin string like a spider thread. Sort of like being a kite on a string.
Eventually she actually feared she might not be able to get back.
Kind of strange but she contacted an evangelical pastor that did some prayers etc. I say strange as it wasn't in her belief system at the time and I'm not sure why she decided to do this but it worked for her. As far as I know she remained grounded.
My understanding is it might not be safe for everyone.
This quote is not correct but for unbleavers
There is more under the sun than in all your philosophy.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long ago I had a dream I was stuck underwater in a pool and my nose was just below the surface. Thrashing and trying to break surface I ran out of air and at that moment awoke gasping for air.

Now, was the dream caused by my body having stopped breathing, or had my body stopped breathing because of the dream?

Sleep apnea....I've had it happen before, but never dreamed about it. I'm not saying that it is impossible though.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several sleep dysfunctions apnea among them. Apnea can occur when the tissue blocks the throat. This is common with people that snore. There is also another where the brain doesn't tell the body to breath,This is what I'm blessed with. I stop breathing 90-100 times /hour from my chart.
Along with this there is sleep paralysis where a person can't move and is half asleep and half awake. Also there is catoplexy where a person feels like they are going to fall in a heap on the floor. Gee, I'm lucky, I get them all!
I've been in sleep clinics and got 5 stars.

Dreams though are something that unless we understand the psychic connection we have with each other it will just get lost on unless opinion. Until we encourage our people to address the unknown we will continue to be a people that wanders w/o answers.
Spiritually westerners are a wasteland. The East is rich in spiritual substance but poor in earthly substance. The West is rich in earthly substance but destitute in spirit.
Just saying.

I totally agree with your last two paragraphs, hvacker! There are people out there that are more "in tune" with dreams and spiritual things. I'm not one of them and am glad of it. I would not want to dream about a friend or loved ones death and have it come true.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
If interested in pursuing dream states Carl Jung is probably a good place to look. He recognized that we share
the same symbols in our dreams. As a dreamer pays more attention to their dreams become more obvious.
I can remember dreaming and analyzing the meaning while I'm dreaming. It's called lucid dreaming and
it's hugely powerful. Just to be clear, if honest, people know when they are BS-ing their selves.
Jung was huge in adding to understanding about dreams. He also incorporated much of other cultures in forming his ideas.
I know dreams are a mystery and emotional. I think it's because we KNOW they are important. Modern psychologists might have ideas that attempt to dismiss dreams but they are no Carl Jung.

Most dreams aren't always predictive. More about emotional conflict or an answer to a problem. Often my dreams unfortunately involve solving work problems. I say unfortunately because I haven't worked in my field for 8 years. Plus I wake up tired and don't get paid.

But that's just a distraction from the meaning of dreams. Can they be predictive? I believe so if we can interpret the symbolism and
meaning. Can they show a way to resolution in emotional struggles. I know so.
I also know if you set a place at your table for the Dream Maker you won't be sorry. I know this sounds like New Age crap but I know I'm not New Age. I'm Old Age. Fantasy is not my thing. I don't have time for pretend.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucid dreaming is probably the closest a dreamer can connect to what dreams mean. Here, where I live, dreaming especially with Am Indians is very important. So much so many sleep with a dream catcher (Think like a web) to be sure none of this precious resource is lost.

Here is something that you might want to do. Next time you have a lucid dream ...look at your hands in the dream. Big surprise.
Indeed, Sitting Bull had this one particular dream. The 'psychic' dream of Sitting Bull and Little Bighorn

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If interested in pursuing dream states Carl Jung is probably a good place to look. He recognized that we share
the same symbols in our dreams. As a dreamer pays more attention to their dreams become more obvious.
I can remember dreaming and analyzing the meaning while I'm dreaming. It's called lucid dreaming and
it's hugely powerful. Just to be clear, if honest, people know when they are BS-ing their selves.
Jung was huge in adding to understanding about dreams. He also incorporated much of other cultures in forming his ideas.
I know dreams are a mystery and emotional. I think it's because we KNOW they are important. Modern psychologists might have ideas that attempt to dismiss dreams but they are no Carl Jung.

Most dreams aren't always predictive. More about emotional conflict or an answer to a problem. Often my dreams unfortunately involve solving work problems. I say unfortunately because I haven't worked in my field for 8 years. Plus I wake up tired and don't get paid.

But that's just a distraction from the meaning of dreams. Can they be predictive? I believe so if we can interpret the symbolism and
meaning. Can they show a way to resolution in emotional struggles. I know so.

I also know if you set a place at your table for the Dream Maker you won't be sorry. I know this sounds like New Age crap but I know I'm not New Age. I'm Old Age. Fantasy is not my thing. I don't have time for pretend.

As I stated in another post, EVERYONE has a spirit (or energy, if you will) that stays with them throughout their life. "MY" understanding of this is that it's not a "guardian angel" or even a "loved one", but rather your own spirit. Now, if your spirit wanted to pass on some information to you, maybe as a warning or something, don't you think it might be likely that dreams would be their medium?

So yes, my belief is that dreams "can" be predictive. There's just too many instances of it happening in the past. Occasionally something big, like 9/11 or something, but normally having to do with much smaller things. Maybe it's a warning, maybe it's something to search for, maybe it's understanding.

Science cannot understand this, as science cannot measure that there is even another entity there that is separate from the human condition. Yet the spirit "is" separate - and yet not! Likewise, your spirit will also communicate with other spirits. For someone who is gifted, they can also listen to other spirits. ...Anyway, this is my understanding. Everyone may have their own understanding of it, or disbelief as the case may be.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dream On"

Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dusk to dawn

Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's in books' written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year

Dream on, dream on, dream on,
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream until your dreams come true

Dream on, dream on,
Dream on, dream on, ah

Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away...

Aerosmith

pinpointer999

Aug 22, 2015
Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd.
Fisher CZ21
Fisher CZ6a
Makro CF77
Minelab Musketeer XS
Whites DFX
Whites MX5
Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.)
White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod)
White's 6000/di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dream On"

The past is gone

Isn't that the way?

You know it's true

Dream on, dream on,
Dream on, dream on, ah

Aerosmith

I listened to this song for 40 years and never knew the lyrics. Thanks for posting.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dream about chasing rabbits!!

images.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed, Sitting Bull had this one particular dream. The 'psychic' dream of Sitting Bull and Little Bighorn

Yes and "Black Elk Speaks"

I live in Indian country and have never been able to not know this land is there's. European's, Asians, and all the rest can build their cities, industries but I still can't help feeling they are outsiders. Thief's.
I know this is a minority opinion and will viewed by some as nuts but it's just mine. The HOPI for saw this in the American Hippy movement. Where they would come as us. If interested read the prophetic writings.
A person could do worse than supporting the American Indian Movement AIM.and Lenard Peltier. JMO

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
"Dream On"

The past is gone

Isn't that the way?

You know it's true

Dream on, dream on,
Dream on, dream on, ah

Aerosmith

Pray for relevance??

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Yes and "Black Elk Speaks"

I live in Indian country and have never been able to not know this land is there's. European's, Asians, and all the rest can build their cities, industries but I still can't help feeling they are outsiders. Thief's.
I know this is a minority opinion and will viewed by some as nuts but it's just mine. The HOPI for saw this in the American Hippy movement. Where they would come as us. If interested read the prophetic writings.
A person could do worse than supporting the American Indian Movement AIM.and Lenard Peltier. JMO

I purchased Black Elk Speaks along with The Sacred Pipe about 1971. Those two books resulted in a major impact on my thinking and understanding of native americans and life in general at the time.

[h=1]Dream Catcher History & Legend[/h]Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them.
sunset_dreamcatcher-200x300.png

The dream catcher has been a part of Native American culture for generations. One element of Native American dream catcher relates to the tradition of the hoop. Some Native Americans of North America held the hoop in the highest esteem, because it symbolized strength and unity. Many symbols started around the hoop, and one of these symbols is the dream catcher.
Dream Catcher Lore:
Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams both good and bad. The dream catcher when hung over or near your bed swinging freely in the air, catches the dreams as they flow by. The good dreams know how to pass through the dream catcher, slipping through the outer holes and slide down the soft feathers so gently that many times the sleeper does not know that he/she is dreaming. The bad dreams not knowing the way get tangled in the dream catcher and perish with the first light of the new day.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I purchased Black Elk Speaks along with The Sacred Pipe about 1971. Those two books resulted in a major impact on my thinking and understanding of native americans and life in general at the time.

[h=1]Dream Catcher History & Legend[/h]Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them.
sunset_dreamcatcher-200x300.png

The dream catcher has been a part of Native American culture for generations. One element of Native American dream catcher relates to the tradition of the hoop. Some Native Americans of North America held the hoop in the highest esteem, because it symbolized strength and unity. Many symbols started around the hoop, and one of these symbols is the dream catcher.
Dream Catcher Lore:
Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams both good and bad. The dream catcher when hung over or near your bed swinging freely in the air, catches the dreams as they flow by. The good dreams know how to pass through the dream catcher, slipping through the outer holes and slide down the soft feathers so gently that many times the sleeper does not know that he/she is dreaming. The bad dreams not knowing the way get tangled in the dream catcher and perish with the first light of the new day.

I send you this from the Hopi prophesy concerning future events. I have been to the Hopi lands three times. I find myself most drawn to the third Mesa. Not sure why. Not sure what might happen if you are ever drawn away from the Bronx but here ya go.

Hopi Prophecy

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think I will go and follow my dream today. Going to the beach to metal detect. Never know what you might find or who you might meet. Happy HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
escape, hvacker, tamrock & kcm: At various times through this thread in your inputs, you have put high relevence in "eastern" and/or "american indian" notions/beliefs. As if western culture and views is lacking. Ie.: all us white European guys are "oh so deprived and lacking". Customs, knowledge, beliefs, etc... But the other cultures and religions *must* be true, because they are so mystical and cool, eh ?

I don't buy it. If you are getting ready to fight off some disease, or have surgery for some ailment, who do you see ?

A) an american doctor ? or B) an american indian witch doctor shaman ?

If you are deciding on the best way to please your creator , do you sacrifice virgins on altars ? Some Europeans landing in the new world in South American are recorded as having witnessed stuff like this. But certainly it's valid and true, since, of course, the indians were doing it, right ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread