Do you have a coin shooting goal for this season?

F

free2Dtect

Post what you'd like to achieve this year. Is it a total face value amount? A date barrier (say pre-1900)? A particle coin? A coin type?
Mine is either a Flying Eagle Cent or a Large Cent, I have not found either of those yet. I feel these two are realistic goals.

Upvote 0
O

Oddfello

In this first season I have found silver quarters and my first Indian. That still leaves my first Merc left to get. I think I have a good spot that will last me most of the summer so I'm optimistic. :)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is to find anything valuable, gold or silver coins, rings, necklaces and other jewelry. All firsts since I am so new to this hobby.

Attachments

• money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 206
  • money2.gif
    money2.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 153
J

Joe (Memphis)

A silver coin! Maybe an indian head penny, anything that doesnt look like current coins ( pre Washington quarter or Rosy dime) maybe a trunk full of $20 gold pieces in uncirculated condion. You know, realistic goals ;)

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Either a 1909 SVDB or a 1916 D MERC ::) would be nice ;D ;D

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
My realistic goals:

"Previoius era coins" Merc, SLQ, IH...

Any silver half or dollar.

I think I will achieve those goals soon, since I am going to be hunting old places. So, my next goal would be any coin from the 1800's.

I have already found seven wheats, and 5 silver coins. And a crapload of clad/memorials, which go in the change jar.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My goal is to find my wedding band! After that, I'm happy with anything older than 1964. I plan on hunting with my son and/or daughter and giving them all the clad I find.

Joliet Jake

May 10, 2005
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just ordered a MD (Ace 250), so my newbee goal is to hunt my yard to learn how to use the detector.? Since my place was built in the 70s, I guess there won't be much silver.? But when I figure out how to use the detector, I'll go visit some friends who have older homesteads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread