Do you remember the first coin you found with a detector?

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep :tongue11:

Attachments

• SDC10254.JPG
    SDC10254.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 374
  • SDC10256.JPG
    SDC10256.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 366
  • SDC10254.JPG
    SDC10254.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 364
  • SDC10256.JPG
    SDC10256.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 378

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A clad dime was my first coin. I saved it, because thousands of coins and almost two decades later I have a bit of nostalgia towards the little dime. I also need something to curse when I get skunked ("You damned dime, look what you started!" >:( )

That little dime is responsible for a lot. I've worn out 4 cars in half as many years (all but one died on detecting trips or research trips). I'm allergic to bee stings now from digging into a yellow jacket nest back in 1993 (Lots of stings). I have no living space now for all the dug junk laying around. I get "plowed field fever" every harvest. I get "plowed field withdrawal" every summer. I met the most fantastic woman I've ever loved through this great hobby and this great website.

Little dime, I praise you. 8)

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
A clad dime was my first coin. I saved it, because thousands of coins and almost two decades later I have a bit of nostalgia towards the little dime. I also need something to curse when I get skunked ("You damned dime, look what you started!" >:( )

That little dime is responsible for a lot. I've worn out 4 cars in half as many years (all but one died on detecting trips or research trips). I'm allergic to bee stings now from digging into a yellow jacket nest back in 1993 (Lots of stings). I have no living space now for all the dug junk laying around. I get "plowed field fever" every harvest. I get "plowed field withdrawal" every summer. I met the most fantastic woman I've ever loved through this great hobby and this great website.

Hmm......are those wedding bells I hear in the distance? :love10:

:love3:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first was a quarter in the big empty lot behind my apartment 8 years ago.

Attachments

• 1stcoin 001.jpg
    1stcoin 001.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 293

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
BuckleBoy said:

If so, you can bet that most of Tnet will be invited. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's amazing that you all still have your first find! My son who is 11 still has his first coin found when he was 7 (it is a foreign coin).

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
thrillathahunt said:
BuckleBoy said:

If so, you can bet that most of Tnet will be invited. :icon_sunny:

:thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: cant you just see it now ...............if anyone see's why these two shouldnt be together please raise your detector ..................lmfao to funny..............instead of throwin rice we throw pop tops an clad... :laughing9:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
:laughing9: cant you just see it now ...............if anyone see's why these two shouldnt be together please raise your detector ..................lmfao to funny..............instead of throwin rice we throw pop tops an clad... :laughing9:

Pop tops and clad? Ouch! At least throw silver roosies. ;D

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: lol
I bet we can come up with enough cans to tie to the bumper

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
:icon_thumright: lol
I bet we can come up with enough cans to tie to the bumper

Hell, I'll donate my can collection. I thought half of 'em were CW buckles before I dug 'em. :-\

:D

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall the first "coin" that I found but The first time that I used a detector was in the early seventies. I rented it from the local coin shop, went up in a big field on a hill. My very first signal was a sterling ring. When I cleaned it off it was a man and woman in a very compromising position :o From that day on I was hooked......Rich. P.S. I was sixteen and gave the ring to my girlfriend. Her dad took it and filed off all the naughty parts and gave it back to her. This is a pic of the same ring I found from the internet!!

Attachments

• 69 ring.jpg
    69 ring.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 283

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first was a Wheatie with an old Whites tuber that weighed more than I did. Funny thing, everything was Wheaties & silver. ;D

Oh yeah, my ratio was 6lbs. nails to each coin. God bless whoever invented discrimination!

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only fantasize about hunting where there are only wheaties and silver everywhere you went!
boogeyman said:
My first was a Wheatie with an old Whites tuber that weighed more than I did. Funny thing, everything was Wheaties & silver. ;D

Oh yeah, my ratio was 6lbs. nails to each coin. God bless whoever invented discrimination!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't remember the 1st coin, I do remember the 1st silver.
About a week after I got it, I found a quarter and dime, both from the 1940's, in the same hole.
I got chills, and involuntarily took a quick look around, feeling that someone might run up and snatch them from me.
My oldest daughter, 8 at the time, 4 years ago, found a 1976 Kennedy half the first day out in our backyard, I couldn't believe it.
It was about 3 inches down, and couldn't really tell what it was until we cleaned it a bit, it was pretty crusty.
She was so excited she tripped about 3 times running in to show her mom what she had found.
Sadly, her interest in detecting didn't remain for very long.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
richm said:
I don't recall the first "coin" that I found but The first time that I used a detector was in the early seventies. I rented it from the local coin shop, went up in a big field on a hill. My very first signal was a sterling ring. When I cleaned it off it was a man and woman in a very compromising position :o From that day on I was hooked......Rich. P.S. I was sixteen and gave the ring to my girlfriend. Her dad took it and filed off all the naughty parts and gave it back to her. This is a pic of the same ring I found from the internet!!

LMAO! Now That's a story. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread