Do you remember the first coin you found with a detector?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Sniffer said:
it was a 1882 indian head

........and some people are REAL lucky too. :laughing7:

Tell me about it. Diggergirl's first silver coin was a freaking mint condition silver dollar. :-[

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,210169.0.html

Her second silver was an AU Barber Quarter (I have never found a Barber Quarter for some odd reason, in 17 years diggin'. :icon_scratch: )

I credit it to the fact that she has a great MDing guide. ;D

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck,

Sounds to me like you ought to marry that there girl! You know my wife is the same way. It seems like luck follows her around! I am not kidding. On our honeymoon she hit royal flushes TWICE in Lake Tahoe! Now if I could just get her interested in MD'ing :love3:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thrillathahunt said:
Hey Buck,

Sounds to me like you ought to marry that there girl! You know my wife is the same way. It seems like luck follows her around! I am not kidding. On our honeymoon she hit royal flushes TWICE in Lake Tahoe! Now if I could just get her interested in MD'ing :love3:

I am thinking very seriously about it. :wink:

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
My first coin, a 1965 dime, was found with an old Bounty Hunter "Red Baron", a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, (1970s)

Fifteen year later, I found my first and only Gold coin. I will never forget the moment that coin cleared the sand and the gold color flashed in the morning sun. My heart almost stopped, .................... and then reality hit home like a hammer blow. A Gold Washington Quarter? What? Yep, ...... not a Gold coin at all, ......... a Washington quarter that someone had Gold plated. Darn!

Oh well, it was an exciting moment while it lasted, and I will never forget it.

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Mine wasn't a coin..

I got a Whites TR/Disc from a pawn shop in Jacksonville FL back in 90

Went on a lunch hunt with some guys in my shop to the tot lots on base and at the sand volley ball court I found a mans gold anniversary band with 7 diamonds and the next thing was a whites gold wedding band.

Been hooked ever since.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I barely even remember what year it was ,1962 I think & I was hunting ghost towns in Colo at that time, and detectors dint have disc, so it probably was a piece of iron.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
I bought a White's 5ID in 2005. I had had a broken leg, blood clot, broken hand, and then kidney cancer all the same year!
Decided I was going to finally learn to detect while I was healing up from the kidney surgery.

Read the book over and over while I was healing up enough to go out and start swinging.

Finally took the machine out to a park that had been a fairgrounds. Turned it on and started swinging. Got a perfect dime hit within 5 minutes and dug a 1906 O Barber dime at about 4 inches. Thought I was brilliant, and was amazed at how easy this detecting thing was!

Took over a year before I dug my next silver!

Good Luck,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread