DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

thanks NP. looking forward to going there. have you been there between the ears?

Whiskeyrat. yes I have been to both sets of rabbit ears, the first set was at jerry c claims on the west side of the caballo's, that turned out to be a total bust. the next was looked at in winter, very dangerous, lots of snow and ice, at the time could not look at the whole area, theres also another possible solution the rabbit ears could actually be the horse head ears, I will give the location of these again. np:cat:

whiskeyrat, have some :coffee2:, here is the location again of the horse head. anyone wanting to see the horses head, all they have to do is go to caballo lake, from the west side of the lake almost anywhere , best area being caballo campground to view , look across the lake between timber mnt & brushy mnt, in the valley were sardine canyon is located and the very top of the valley on the left hand side can be viewed very easily is the horse's head below the old apache trail , all one has to do is go look for yourself.np:cat:

Np thanks again.
I have Jerry C's claims plotted in my navigation tablet, so i can locate and explore that area no problem.

Is the other set of ears you looked at in winter the ones above the train station?

I have not located a "sardine canyon" on any topo maps or earthpoint topo. However, from the references to it in your above posts, it is narrowing down the area for me. thanks

Real , amigo, have some :coffee2:, you are 100% right, don't let anyone tell you different. the main factors here are easy storage and transportation, and water ways used for such.the rio grande & the Colorado rivers. plus their friends in the native American community's that they made deals with. the horse map has everything to do with the caballo;s.
the heart is located off the Colorado river near spirit mnt, which can very easily be seen ,I believe the stone maps originated at the caballo's as a regular set of cloth or skin maps, then through whatever conditions where converted into stone maps at a later time, and added to. np:cat:
img006.jpg click picture to get better view.

Last edited:
I assume Sardine canyon feeds down into Burbank canyon somewhere above granite spring?

you want to look at the main big valley almost to the very top of the mnts, just below the apache trail, the horse's head is very large and a big part of the mnt on the left side. np:cat:

Roger, too much, too soon, will only confuse, most on here need the dialogue to challenge the truth. but most will not be able to handle it if they ever find it. some times when something new is introduced
to people about a story, they want to ignore it or not believe or accept it at all,as you know its all to do with previous brain washing through books or word of mouth,not by people actually in the know, or first hand knowledge of the facts, nor, do they really think that people living today that really had there boots on the grounds in certain areas are still alive and kicking today, and willing to share. np:cat:

TM2:
But what? tell me more.

is 12ft x 18 ft about the right size for the Reynolds cabin? was there more than 1 cabin in the immediate area then?

treasminder2

But ... IMO , the cabin in the map was not at Rincon . Have to find the first clue : right from the pass , look for the mountain shape ( like a peak ) which has on it a " boot ' . Above the " boot " are 7 mines ( the birds ) , three to the west , three to the east and one in the middle wich is the main almacen .

Use these maps to find the region , and after the other green maps ( which posted NP at the beginning of this thred ) to find the mines .
And ROG , was not the greed what caused the fails , but the wrong place .

What is it that changes from simple personal profit in any treasure search. to greed ??

Don Jose

I believe is the lack of education . Rich is the one who has what really needs , and happy is the one who knows this .

PS

The most of the traps were made in accordance with the greed . Think and move like a greedy , and ... you are dead .

Last edited:
In this map, any suggestions as to what the squiggly "T",s are? there are 4 of them near the base of the mountains.
seem to be 4 on the base of the first mountain "left of the cabin" on the left map, then 4 of them on the left "ear" mountain in the map on the right.

and on GE im not seeing a horses head yet.
I told you were you had to be to view it, not on G E, the T's are birds but you need to figure out the meaning , later on if you cant, I will help you out.its always good to ask questions. np:cat:

Last edited:
Whiskeyrat,have some :coffee2:, symbolism is very important, np:cat:

OK, i thought probly cant see it on google earth, can get low enough to the ground, but does show the general layout quite well, until I can get there in person again. I was just there 4 weeks ago, wished I would have had this map then.

Whiskeyrat,have some :coffee2:, symbolism is very important, np:cat:

birds? symbolism? hmmm. I need to brush up on my treasure map reading 101. I have printed all your maps that you have posted and trying to put them together. I have many points of interest programmed into my navigation tablet for my next trip. I used to hunt tiny flakes of gold, now you all got me hunting 90 pound bars:)

Its so odd. A specific location was mapped on this thread, where something was claimed to be.

“Matt , that darrrrrrrrrmned Cabin is visible from the I-25 offramp .
if you drive far , you drove too far , it is visible within less than 200 yards off the hiway .
hang on , I'll map it .”

“https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ri...a30b267c27a7a5
and that's the old two track road to it .
I don't see it in the image , but that's the exact area it's in”
“yep
dead center of that map link .”

I went to that specific mapped location, and searched all over it very thoroughly. And as I have already stated AND illustrated with photos from that search, there was nothing there to find. At first this was accepted, and this statement was made by the person who sent me there:

“welper
so much for that
next quest ?”

Then a little later that same person came back and said this:

“Matt and that is where the cabin is , and , if you leave the caballos with bars and a map
you run right into the cabin where the map was stored when Reynolds found it .

did you go far enough up the road ?
is the cabin now demolished ?

who knows
but thats the old trail from hundreds of years ago

welper
try again .”

One minute I must have gone too far up the road, the next I didn’t go far enough. One minute it’s accepted that my search found nothing to be there, the next it’s claimed I just needed to look harder. One minute the cabin site is visible from the highway, the next I need to go farther up the road.

Then all kind of other details are suddenly introduced that have ZERO to do with the specific mapped area: water, salt cedars, dark green brush. NONE of which are in the photos I posted that were taken in the specific mapped area I was asked to search. There IS no water there at all! There are no trees at all! Especially within 200 yards of the off ramp, OR visible from I-25.

I’ll leave the reader to make up their own minds about that whole situation….

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back