DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the original of the photo of Benny Samaniego wearing the suit of armor and also the one of Benny in the baseball team picture.

Mind sharing provenance?
V

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Hi Raj Samineigo

Ok , I got who you are now that I'm more awake .
Understand that many people make claims , and it's hard to trust in forum postings due to false claims

Now that I know who you are , I'm Roger Snow , good to meet you .
Welcome to the ,,, Uh ,,, pages of silliness on the forum .
Rog'

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome RAJSAM,

Post away. We are intrigued. Being close to Bennie S. you may be able to shed some previously unknown light on what Bennie actually saw and did at Victorio Peak with Doc Noss.

Mike

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, And welcome rajsam,:coffee2: please tell us what you know about the stuff that doc supposedly give bennie. should be an interesting topic, thank you. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the original maps used to create the stone tablets found by Willie D. in the Caballo's.? np:cat:

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
well , in with a shout , out with a whisper , see ya's Rajsam , thanks for dropping by .

Meanwhile ,

Up in the Mountains in the fryin' Pan , bacon and eggs , or Chorizzo and ham , breakfast
cookin' , and it ain't cookin' spam .

No Spam please
thank you
Rog'

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Rincon exist today on my way to Las Cruces, and drove east over the cattle guard to the Y in the dirt road, where the cutoff is to go to the gravel pit area. Road wasn't good enough for my little Acura though, and could no go further. Lots of tire tracks going in and out, so its not an infrequently visited place. I will try to hike the rest of the way to the pit on my way back. But from what I could see from where I got to, there was no sign of a "stone cabin" or even anything that appeared to be the remains of one...

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I look forward to seeing what you think is its exact location. I will go to those GPS points and video/photograph what is there on my way back on Friday.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a question: how can one most easily access the Caballos Mountains from I-25? The only exit I can see that might allow this from the highway is Exit 51, but it then involves a very long route up to the mountains themselves on a lot of back roads. Is that the only way? If you have alternatives, please post them here, or PM me with them please.

Thanks!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be checking out that site you mapped tomorrow Roger. I'll take photos so you can see for yourself.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp, I stopped at the Rincon exit, did a wide sweep of the whole area Roger Snow indicated with his mapped area. And no sign at all of any "stone cabin", nor the remains of any structures at all, nor even the presence of material that might have once made up such a dwelling. No sign that anyone had been there in many years. No track and no footprints.

Nada

Zilch

I will post photos later tonight if T-net has increased the size limit to 6mb.

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welp, I stopped at the Rincon exit, did a wide sweep of the whole area Roger Snow indicated with his mapped area. And no sign at all of any "stone cabin", nor the remains of any structures at all, nor even the presence of material that might have once made up such a dwelling. No sign that anyone had been there in many years. No track and no footprints.

Nada

Zilch

I will post photos later tonight if T-net has increased the size limit to 6mb.

Look forward to the pics. i cant find any evidence of any buildings using ge. I do however plan to spend a week in this area my next time down to NM. looking forward to spending entire winters in the caballos very soon. also interested in your venture to "fly" certain areas and take high resolution pics. how is that progressing? any need for engineering support? i am a professional design engineer, inventor, blah blah for 40 years, love challenging projects.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Whiskeyrat, I have to integrate an on screen display system into my drone before I can take to the air for the first time, and also finalize the center of gravity once all the new electronics are on board. But no need for a drone when it comes to this mythical stone cabin near the Rincon exit. I can tell you for a fact there is absolutely nothing there but a couple of old telephone line cross members and a property marker on a concrete monument.

Repeat, no stone cabin is there.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015-04-10 09.39.02.jpg 2015-04-10 09.39.02.jpg 2015-04-10 09.39.10.jpg

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot more but they all show the same results: no cabin or ruins whatsoever. So much for that. Its kind of hard to find an old map under the window sill of a stone cabin when no stone cabin appears to have existed where it was claimed to be. I stomped all over the area for 30 minutes, and combed it thoroughly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread