DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
UNCLEMATT,

Any information coming from this administration is VERY suspect. I have found reports of prayer rugs and Qurans found both on the Mexican and Texas sides of the border since about 2005.

Any information coming from any administration is highly suspect. Disinformation, false flags and the protection racket - a proven successful people-manipulating protocol for millennia.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, we will have to disagree. I don't think any misinformation is coming from this administration more than any other. I think people see things the way they want to see them, and if they hear of something that reinforces what they want to believe, they very often accept it without questioning it. I don't think there are ISIS camps near the Mexican-US border. But if someone can prove that to me with verifiable facts, i will be glad to adjust my position on that.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, we will have to disagree. I don't think any misinformation is coming from this administration more than any other. I think people see things the way they want to see them, and if they hear of something that reinforces what they want to believe, they very often accept it without questioning it. I don't think there are ISIS camps near the Mexican-US border. But if someone can prove that to me with verifiable facts, i will be glad to adjust my position on that.

Well Buddy,

You live in Albuquerque, take a drive down to Puerta Palomas and ask around, then let us know if everything is safe! HAHAHA It's only a couple of hundred miles.

I don't know Puerto Palomas, but if it is anything like Sasabe, Az, then you want to stay FAAAAAAR AWAAAAY (unless you are looking to cook or buy meth!)!

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Buddy,

You live in Albuquerque, take a drive down to Puerta Palomas and ask around, then let us know if everything is safe! HAHAHA It's only a couple of hundred miles.

I don't know Puerto Palomas, but if it is anything like Sasabe, Az, then you want to stay FAAAAAAR AWAAAAY (unless you are looking to cook or buy meth!)!

Mike

A couple years ago, the Palomas MX mayor and his entire police force took up residence just across the border in Columbus NM, where they thought they might be safe from drug cartel attacks on the MX side. The mayor was eventually gunned down on the MX side. I believe things have calmed down a lot since then, because NM locals are again partying hardy at the Pink Store in Palomas. Daytime, anyway.

As far as terrorism goes, the word around here is that the BP will continue to capture and deport Mexicans as always, but if they happen to bag an undocumented Middle Easterner, it's "hands off, let him go". Doesn't seem to make sense, but what does these days?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Buddy,

Mike

Whether its safe or not does not hinge on the presence of ISIS...

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this was a great thread. now its about blankets, kurans, and E.T. being "found" on the mexican border.....oh well,
maybe it will get back to awesomeness....

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe NP has saved an undisclosed clue/tip about the caballos and will drop it now??!!.....maybe even a map???.....one can dream!

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20160424_084720.jpg

back to good stuff.

this interesting "pointer rock" in Longbottom canyon

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20160424_104840.jpg

another interesting rock in Longbottom canyon

near this one is a winding single path trail (as in not 2 tire tracks, just a single trail) that has hand stacked rocks in many places to level the trail or build up the trail in low spots.
it disappears over the mountain. I am going to follow it over the mountain my next trip.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20160416_115849.jpg

Now this is a very famous rock formation.
It is on the old Cheatham claims and is apparently what Jerry Cheatham thought was the "rabbit ear" formation that we have spoken so much about here on tnet.
The "rabbit ear" formation is said to be where Doc entered a crack between the ears and went down into a chamber with the dead priest.

I am baffled as to why Cheatham would dig here??? My inspection shows that it is solid granite bedrock between the "ears". No crack, and no sign that a crack has been hidden.

Personally I dont think this formation looks like "rabbit ears" in the first place. Maybe the one on the right looks like a rabbit ear, but the other one does not.

Im gonna keep looking for the real rabbit ears.
However, local intel says the rabbit ears have been blown up long ago.

wr

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this was a great thread. now its about blankets, kurans, and E.T. being "found" on the mexican border.....oh well,
maybe it will get back to awesomeness....

It seems to happen to a lot of threads when everything has been hashed out over and over and over again. At some point there isn't anything new to keep the ball rolling. As I have pointed out on more than one occasion on T-net, most people sit around waiting here for evidence to be presented, they don't go out and try to find anything new. And if they do and it doesn't jive with what people want to think or believe, the new information is rejected. If you consider yourself a real treasure hunter, you get out in the field! You try to chase down leads, which often means not being online at all. Whiskeyrat, you get out there! So have others, some of whom who are no longer with T-net. We have too many sitters and not enough getters!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1317113

Now this is a very famous rock formation.
It is on the old Cheatham claims and is apparently what Jerry Cheatham thought was the "rabbit ear" formation that we have spoken so much about here on tnet.
The "rabbit ear" formation is said to be where Doc entered a crack between the ears and went down into a chamber with the dead priest.

I am baffled as to why Cheatham would dig here??? My inspection shows that it is solid granite bedrock between the "ears". No crack, and no sign that a crack has been hidden.

Personally I dont think this formation looks like "rabbit ears" in the first place. Maybe the one on the right looks like a rabbit ear, but the other one does not.

Im gonna keep looking for the real rabbit ears.
However, local intel says the rabbit ears have been blown up long ago.

wr

Yea, I don't think that is the right rabbit ears. i have seen another photo where one of the ears is bent over. I will see if I can dig it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to happen to a lot of threads when everything has been hashed out over and over and over again. At some point there isn't anything new to keep the ball rolling. As I have pointed out on more than one occasion on T-net, most people sit around waiting here for evidence to be presented, they don't go out and try to find anything new. And if they do and it doesn't jive with what people want to think or believe, the new information is rejected. If you consider yourself a real treasure hunter, you get out in the field! You try to chase down leads, which often means not being online at all. Whiskeyrat, you get out there! So have others, some of whom who are no longer with T-net. We have too many sitters and not enough getters!
Amigo's:coffee2::hello:I started this thread,but, I have to agree with you 100%,but, what can you do,good luck to you.:cat:

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a pic from the south looking north

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 65

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these standing rocks seem to me more like what rabbit ears look like....but we've never found anything there....yet �� image.png

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so im a couple cocktails in tonight......why the "deposits" on the west side? ive searched alot of the west side caballos and only found placer gold in one area. maybe theres some lode gold/silver who knows. i really believe any stached treasure is from the Santa Fe Trail. the only places i could see hiding any treasure would be close to the two east/west passes (apache canyon & palomas gap). now, you can see bat cave from miles away, which would be an excellent reference point, but not the perfect stache location. victorio peak is a pretty good ways away from the west side of the caballos, especially on non motorized transportation. i know the caballos have a ton of history, but ive always had a hard time understanding the treasure tales connected to them. but i do believe there are some buried/hidden treasure in the mountains, its just the believed locations/general areas dont add up to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread