Does metal detecting and marriage work?

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V-3 upgraded to V3I W/ SEF 15X12 Butterfly coil, White's Vision upgraded to V3I W 12 in coil, Minelab Excaliber II, Minelab E Trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Discovery TF 900 2 box, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
2cmorau said:
hand her a MD, before a ring if she digs it, she's a keeper :laughing9: :laughing9:
To further that agenda tell her there isn't a limit to the size of her diamond engagement ring and then hand her a metal detector. Personally I would stand back at least an arms length just to be on the safe side..lol

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
KEVTEC said:
2cmorau said:
hand her a MD, before a ring if she digs it, she's a keeper :laughing9: :laughing9:
To further that agenda tell her there isn't a limit to the size of her diamond engagement ring and then hand her a metal detector. Personally I would stand back at least an arms length just to be on the safe side..lol

Arms length???? More like arms length PLUS detector length and add 2 feet for a safety margin! :laughing9:

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V-3 upgraded to V3I W/ SEF 15X12 Butterfly coil, White's Vision upgraded to V3I W 12 in coil, Minelab Excaliber II, Minelab E Trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Discovery TF 900 2 box, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Bubba707 said:
KEVTEC said:
2cmorau said:

Arms length???? More like arms length PLUS detector length and add 2 feet for a safety margin! :laughing9:
LMAO!!! :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
marriage and detecting or any other hobby can co exist -- but only IF you get the "right" wife , do not get a you must be either at work --or else your with me or doing what I say --24 /7/365 type of woman -- proper selection of a mate for life is vital if you want a true life long partner ---my wife does not do "outdoors" --shes the "queen of AC" the only way she leaves home is to go to work -- go to doctors --go out to dinner or go shopping or church

she is a major homebody - TV couch potato type --- however on the plus side --she loves me , wants me to be happy and doesn't piss and moan when I want to go fishing, hunting or metal detecting and so long as i do not go overboard she doesn't complain about me getting a new toy now and them --it works for us .

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering what kind of responses i was gonna get from this post..
Love a little humor..
So it boils down to this...By her a detector..If she does not like it and does not like me doing it that extra detector will come in handy for a buddy..... :evil6:
No but seriously thanks for the input.... :icon_thumleft:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
keep a spare detector around --when you find the gal that likes it --most likely you will have found the gal that likes you and is complatible with you. --if not its good to have a back up / loaner unit till then.

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Smudge said:
I'm a pretty lucky guy I guess. My wife never tries to get in the way of my dirt fishing. She knows its my down time and how much I need that. She actually encourages me to go. I've also NEVER asked her permission to buy a detector. She perfers only one of us wear the pants in the house, and that would be me. :wink:

On the flip side, he well being is and always will be my number one priority. She knows that. Also, you have GOT to set aside quality time just for the two of you. Every Friday night is our date night. That is pretty well set in stone.

If you can get her into the hobby, thats great. If she's not into detecting, try to make sure she has a hobby of her own she loves, so while you're off detecting she can do her thing.
I believe this who topic on this forum was created as a parody. That's why we make the funny comments we do , not that we are insecure in our relationships. Example: I WEAR THE PANTS IN MY HOUSE AND I RUN THINGS TOO, LIKE THE IRON WASHER-DRYER DISHWASHER :notworthy:... SEE THE PARODY!! Humor is essential in all relationships. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
My old friends who died in their late 80's were AVID metal detectorists! They were together over 60 years and when his heart acted up at age 43 he opened a metal detector business and they both had a real good time with it, going to Alaska to do hunt gold, to Arizona for the nuggets and to set up shop at the jamborees, and at local fairgrounds too. They had a multi-brand detector business but they preferred Tesoros and Compasses because those machines could find the tiniest jewelry items. The funny thing though is that they never would come into a place when I had been their first. When we hunted together they always ran right over to "help" me search whenever I found silver coins though.

They were my two best friends and I sure do miss them.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
"Especially when you first meet you spend alot of time together"

And it's usually not metal detecting or anything outside related! :D

Well with a wild man like me :whip2:
The great outdoors would be included... :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
johnnyblaze said:
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
"Especially when you first meet you spend alot of time together"

And it's usually not metal detecting or anything outside related! :D

Well with a wild man like me :whip2:
The great outdoors would be included... :laughing7:
Anywhere you can find a flat place or sompin' to lean against until age limits your mobility :tongue3:

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
when she has just the GF, things were fine.. but as the wife... she doesnt like me going out hunting alot....she isnt even impressed with the neat things I bring home... even the jewelry....

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I think the next man I date must like detecting too. This is the best hobby and I enjoy vacations where I can detect. I think if a man can love me looking grungy, hair all over the place, with headphones and kneepads then he is a keeper! lol It is good for each to have their own interests, though better if they can enjoy fantastic hobbies together.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just gotta hunt up the right one, I tell my wife I'm going fishin~~she beats me to the door with pole in hand!

Even when she doesn't want to go she don't give me no flak.

Just gotta keep lookin till ya find the right one that can be your companion, if there ain't no common ground your just
askin for trouble.

Remember divorce isn't cheep, so be picky and find the right one!!

~~Happy Hunting~~

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
minton7 said:
when she has just the GF, things were fine.. but as the wife... she doesnt like me going out hunting alot....she isnt even impressed with the neat things I bring home... even the jewelry....

RUN....

FAST....

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au_Dreamers said:
Marry a Nurse that works twelve hour shifts :icon_thumright: :icon_pirat:
yeah and make sure it is the night shift, that way she is sleeping and you are detecting :headbang: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions