Does Minelab understand the concept of Customer Service ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allanw23 said:
One word, Malaysia... Do some research everyone. Things have changed.

I own 2 Excals, and 2 Sovereign GTs and I tried to buy another Excal on EBay tonight and lost out...I have no 2nd thoughts about buying Minelabs at all and I have had excellent customer service in my opinion on the 2 trips mine made in 2009..... Most complaints about customer service have mostly been because people are impatient IMO.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allanw23 said:

How much of the electronics used in Whites and Tesoro come from the Far East also.... :dontknow:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a Minelab Safari as my main detector for about 9 months. It seems to me that there are an awful lot more Minelabs returned with short use than any other brand I have seen on various forums. I posted that I was sending mine in to be checked over and got personal mail from several people telling me of a bad exerience with Minelab service. I haven't done an actual count but after a while trands can't help but be noticable. I don't want to get into a brand war, but I have another "cheaper" unit that seems to do just as well as my thousand dollar Safari. Will I stick with Minelab as my primary? Probably, mainly because I can't afford to buy another one in the same price range. So get what you will out of my post, just one opinion anyway. Monty

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelabs customer service is a bit shaddy at times. when they want they answer the phone and at times you get the dam secretary wich says nowbodys available. :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:
Minelabs customer service is a bit shaddy at times. when they want they answer the phone and at times you get the dam secretary wich says nowbodys available. :icon_scratch:

It could easily be the time when your calling since they are PST. If you call during lunch time then no one is there other then the Secretary, they are only 2 people working in repairs....Just because you can't reach someone in repairs doesn't make them shady. :icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Do believe if you Read his Post
he Meant "Shoddy" or "shabby"
Which Compaired to Whites
I Do have to Agree
and I'm most likely a Lifetime Minelab Fan
Till whites or another Company can
convince me Different.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedimus said:
No, Shady is an appropriate word. I have MANY friends who have experienced "SHADY" customer service. let's get real.

DRASTIC IMPROVEMENTS ARE NEEDED IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE END OF THIS COMPANY..

bottom line.

How many complaints does one need?

I understand you trying to protect but, enough already.

D.

Sorry if you don't like the fact I disagree, but I do and will continue to say so.

I feel I have had excellent service from Minelab's customer service on my detectors sent in, especially considering there is only one office to ship repairs to in this country with only two techs working. The majority of complaints I see is the time it takes to get units back, phone service if they don't get a call back, and they want repair something for free that is not under warranty. I still feel people's biggest problem is they get impatient too soon......

I had all of these exact same problems with Whites on my Whites BHID while it was under warranty............

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time I sent my Minelab in,
I got a call saying it was there Before I even expected it to reach them
which was a Load off My Mind.

They gave me a Estimate of Time,
Which I Personally Miscounted & Got Impatient.

Half my calls Got though Half of
them got Answers. Half got "Call Back
nobody is in" type answers.

There were several times I got messages saying
the Number didn't Exist (This was upsetting)

I actually found out it was done on a Call to them
not a call from them. (Yes due to my Impatience I Guess).
anyway,
they went over everything and
did more then I requested to my detector.
And it cost Much less then I Expected.
I Also got a Tracking # & Had to sign
when it reached me.

Awsome Service I suppose,

But the Phone Service definately Needed
some Improvement.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
last time I sent my Minelab in,
I got a call saying it was there Before I even expected it to reach them
which was a Load off My Mind.

They gave me a Estimate of Time,
Which I Personally Miscounted & Got Impatient.

Half my calls Got though Half of
them got Answers. Half got "Call Back
nobody is in" type answers.

There were several times I got messages saying
the Number didn't Exist (This was upsetting)

I actually found out it was done on a Call to them
not a call from them. (Yes due to my Impatience I Guess).
anyway,
they went over everything and
did more then I requested to my detector.
And it cost Much less then I Expected.
I Also got a Tracking # & Had to sign
when it reached me.

Awsome Service I suppose,

But the Phone Service definately Needed
some Improvement.

:icon_thumright:

I work for a phone company, I see so many troubles with routing problems (this number is not a working number, please hang up and dial again, routed to the wrong number), some carriers can't call other carriers (you can receive calls from people using Sprint, AT&T but not Verizon) calls getting dropped, false busy, none of which are the called party's fault.....As in any business phone service within the business can always use improving, no argument there.....

I am not concerned if I don't get a call back because I guarantee you I will always call them again. My only concern is when i get my detector back the problem I sent it in for was fixed.........

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
oldbill said:
No need to apologize for this is good information and I thank you for the post! As for me I was in the process of ordering a minelab detector when I get back to the states in March but after I have head from others about the poor service and how many minelab detectors are bad out of the box I believe I will not be ordering a Minelab but a fisher F75 as I have received many good reports about them as of late. Thanks again for being truthful! Bill

:icon_thumleft:

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fast service from FTP but they should have!!! I purchased 3 New detectors 2 F75's and a T2 LTD.. ALL BAD!!!
First F 75 DOA right out the box, second emi, erratic and unstable sent it in they replaced the coil and when return it was the same way.. T2 LTD after 5 minute the screen went blank.. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cosmic said:
Fast service from FTP but they should have!!! I purchased 3 New detectors 2 F75's and a T2 LTD.. ALL BAD!!!
First F 75 DOA right out the box, second emi, erratic and unstable sent it in they replaced the coil and when return it was the same way.. T2 LTD after 5 minute the screen went blank.. NEVER AGAIN!!!

:icon_thumright:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
allanw23 said:

I own 2 Excals, and 2 Sovereign GTs and I tried to buy another Excal on EBay tonight and lost out...I have no 2nd thoughts about buying Minelabs at all and I have had excellent customer service in my opinion on the 2 trips mine made in 2009..... Most complaints about customer service have mostly been because people are impatient IMO.
well i am a fisher guy and i was thinking about trying an 705 and will be buying a Excalibur very soon. my experience with fisher and firsttexas has been exactly the same as your experience with minelab and some that complain about fisher are really just firsttexas, bountyhunter haters. ive always cosidered anyone who critisizes bountyhunter to be complete idiots. (where was bountyhunter when firsttexas bought them? where was fisher?) i have a hard time believing alot of there complaints and i can see you feel the same when it comes to minelab!!
i have seen many negative posts on "the new fisher" and "the new minelab"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so ......how do we end this????????????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey good luck on the 705 and Excal if and when you get them.

I personally think they all have some problems with customer service, there is always room for improvement, but that doesn't mean they are terrible, or the worst. I was very unhappy with Whites over my BHID, but if the right price came along I would pick up the Beach Hunter 300.

I feel the customer service isn't as bad as some people try to say, I honestly think most people just get impatient too quick, or expect everything to be free. Out of warranty is out of warranty, X amount of days to repair means X amount of working days to repair. For every dissatisified Minelab user I bet there there are a hundred happy owners.
I have had great luck with the 5 Minelabs I have owned, and also been very happy with the customer service when I had to have work done twice this past year.

In actuality when I think about it. the more they bad mouth Minelab and the Excals the better it is for us Excal owners. The less Excals users in the water with me the happier I am...... :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
In actuality when I think about it. the more they bad mouth Minelab and the Excals the better it is for us Excal owners. The less Excals users in the water with me the happier I am...... :wink:

Same with the Sovereign, & Other minelabs
for that Matter. I Wouldn't care if I'm the only
one with a Minelab in my State :D :coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Same with the Sovereign, & Other minelabs
for that Matter. I Wouldn't care if I'm the only
one with a Minelab in my State :D :coffee2:

Also being the happy owner of 2 Sovereign GT's myself can't agree more about them either....

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep!!!!, same here with the people that say they wont buy a fisher product! less competition :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions