Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They'll send you a list of deadlines by mail, or you can find those at the website.

Make sure you hit spell check...

:wink:

-Buckles

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Yes, and remember to not pontificate, bloviate, or mutilate either, or they won't even take the time to read it.

Just like the US President's office or a "TV evangelist" show that gets hundreds and thousands of mail per day, only a tiny few ever get read, and as with all Presidents or so-called "ministers", only one once in awhile ever passes in front of his eyes. They are all randomly selected, then screened and very carefully selected. The same goes for people writing music and wanting to get it published, only the true professional tunes are ever published, and even then the publishers often screw up and publish nothing but garbage music.

EVERYBODY makes mistakes when writing, even professionals; in composition, substance, spelling, and articulation. We're only human and subject to or own mistakes and consequently other's criticism of it too.

I would write the material, then have it edited by a Pro somewhere at a junior college for as little as $2.50 per page.. if there aren't many mistakes..

EasyMoney

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
ppratt said:
Im sure a few of us has read Eatern Western mag. I know the in the 20 years of detecting i have read a few paragraphs. Anyway I would like to do a artical. Do any of you know how to contact them to do this? Do i write and sumit it?
Not to insult you and have any negative effect on your writing an article but you have to improve your spelling and getting names right. It's WESTERN & EASTERN TREASURES; look at this page's graphics at the top. Also, it's "article" (without the quote marks), not artical. If your browser has a Spell Check, I suggest you use it. And what you want to request from W&E is what is called "Writer's Guidelines." When you receive it read it thoroughly as there are certain restrictions about future use of your article(s).

Silver Fox

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:
They'll send you a list of deadlines by mail, or you can find those at the website.

Make sure you hit spell check...

:wink:

-Buckles

That was mean. ;D

I have to agree.

Keep the editors In Buisness.
They need work too. :wink:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI TT mi lost LUV: you posted-->

Strunk & White's is out. The New York Time's Style Book is now in. You have been in Mexico too long, my friend, time to come home and get up-to-date.
~~~~~~~~~~~

You, my luv, are out of times, Times is also pase' due to the new writing style of that wonderful genius below the border Don Jose de La Mancha.

Still time to switch from that, that sailor Ivo,r luv..

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Real de Tayopa said:
HI silver, you forgot to mention studying "Strunk and whites's " The Elements of style".

Snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha
You're right, it's been such a long time since I looked at mine; they're collecting dust on the bookshelf. And let's not forget "The Elements of Grammar" by Margaret Shertzer, "The Elements of Editing..." by Arthur Plotnik, etc.

BTW, you meant "THE ELEMENTS OF STYLE" by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White. 8)

Snicker back to you! :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W&E does pay about that for an article. And the pay does get a little better if you're a regular contributor. But hey, that's freelance writing. (Emphasis on the "free" part. ::) ) No one expects to get rich from writing such articles, but it is gratifying to see your story in print.

I wasn't trying to be mean about the spell check comment. Magazines do not publish articles which are not in a style appropriate to their publication, and they don't take on articles that need a lot of editing. If you're writing for ANY magazine, you'd best be Darn Familiar with that magazine, and have read several issues first.

I am happy to proof read ANY article that anyone would like to pass my way. The offer stands for anyone on Tnet. I've been published in W&E and American Digger before.

Regards,

Buckles

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
In other words, if you submit an article today but it isn't published until January 2008, you don't get paid until January 2008.

That's a long wait TT.

So when does Time Circle & we reach Jan. 2008 again ?
or has time gone in reverse ?
Have I been left out the loop ? :wink: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver fox pelt: Touche' heheehh no-one should ever use me as an example of kunstruciton stiles or correctness duh. Do spelling checks actually work?

I ran this one through a spelling check heehheeh

Don Jose de La Mancha

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
One more thing: before you submit your article(s), have a friend or relative read it and ask for their opinion since you want a READER'S opinion. I had 14 articles published in Lost Treasure and Treasure Facts in the '90s and my wife always read them first and suggested changes from her non-experiened point of view.

Silver Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread