Dont Cut Corners on Your Beach Scoop

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are just starting out and are going to be a beach hunter, dont buy a cheap scoop.

image-3724905330.jpg

image-3347607015.jpg

Bad scoop. Only lasted 2 1/2 months. Dont buy.

image-2716995106.jpg

image-2718129905.jpg

Great scoop. Wet sand, dry sand, water. Buy.

Any questions?

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good beach scoop will make your beach hunting 100% more enjoyable. Trust me and learn from my mistake. Happy hunting.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent advice!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good beach scoop will make your beach hunting 100% more enjoyable. Trust me and learn from my mistake. Happy hunting.

I try to tell that to new beach hunters all the time. They usually respond with something like "I'm fine with this", or "this is all I can afford" or "I can make a new one from a coffee can when it breaks".

Buy quality once, or buy junk over and over with repeated lost hunts.

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to tell that to new beach hunters all the time. They usually respond with something like "I'm fine with this", or "this is all I can afford" or "I can make a new one from a coffee can when it breaks". Buy quality once, or buy junk over and over with repeated lost hunts.

Exactly Jason. I think a lot of people when getting into the hobby feel like they spent a lot of money on their metel detector and then dont want to shell out the dough for a good scoop. That is what I did. I didnt realize what a game changer a good scoop is.

Three Bears

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trent - What type of scoop is the "Great One"? I am just starting out and do not know the brands by sight......

OP
OP
Trent67

Trent67

Mar 21, 2014
Davie, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trent - What type of scoop is the "Great One"? I am just starting out and do not know the brands by sight......

RTG stainless steel, the stealth, etc. if you are just hunting in dry sand then a mesh basket with a single non reinforced post like the "bad" one that I posted works great. If you will be digging wet sand or in the water, then you definitely want something that has reinforcement on the handle near the basket that also works as a foot plate for lack of a better word. Search beach scoops on this site and read Caspers article on them. Very informative. Good luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread