dont waste ur hardfought clad on batteries.go rechargeable

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
the slimpack on my etrac works so flawlessly.i dcided its time for the tesoro to go rechargeable.uses 1 9 volt. the 9 volt lith rechargeables are kinda tough to find but i finally did.after 5x cycles or so no problems.. like detecting 4 free. just bought myself some sweet silver w the money i saved. YESS THIS WORKS. LITH ARE NOTHING LIKE THE CRUMMY OL NICADS. make sure to get the highest amp hours battery u can find. [m Ah ] rating. and yes i keep some regular batts in car 4 just in case

Upvote 0

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
................I guess that the New Detectors eat up a lot of batteries if you use the regular alkalines...............................not the case with most of my vintage detectors ........I use a AH Pro 2 which is still using the alkaline batteries from last year............LOL............Joe

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scrounger said:
the slimpack on my etrac works so flawlessly.i dcided its time for the tesoro to go rechargeable.uses 1 9 volt. the 9 volt lith rechargeables are kinda tough to find but i finally did.after 5x cycles or so no problems.. like detecting 4 free. just bought myself some sweet silver w the money i saved. YESS THIS WORKS. LITH ARE NOTHING LIKE THE CRUMMY OL NICADS. make sure to get the highest amp hours battery u can find. [m Ah ] rating. and yes i keep some regular batts in car 4 just in case

Not exactly free, unless you recharge them via solar panels or hamster wheel ,,, Bit I agree, they are certainly more economical than alkalines, I have been using them for at least a decade in various devices.

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
I use a 3 cell LiPo pack with a voltage regulator/cutter in my eagle spectrum , i modified the battery pack in may and they still have battery power left for a few more days of detecting .. A little trick i learned in the RC world ;D .. the 3 cell pack makes 12.6 volts fully charged and at 3200Mah of true power it lasts a looooooong time , the voltage cutter just prevents the packs from overdischarging and regulates the voltage at a constant 11.5 (set by me) . . once the voltage goes below 11.5 it just shuts off :icon_thumleft: ... Did i mention they are 1/3 the weight as the 8 cell pack?? :o

And since LiPo can be charged at least 1000 times before it starts fading , it leaves Ni-cad and NiMh packs in the dust and the best thing is thatthey will completely charge in 1 hour at 1C ?? No more waiting overnight just to charge a pack..

Iam not asking anyone to do this mod on their high $$ machines , i am just posting about my rechargeable battery setup on this old White's machine .. Works great for me and since the detector weighs a little less i can detect a little more ::) ..

A.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
OK, Crazy Texican.... What's the part number for the voltage regulator you are using ?

Thanks
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread