Door closed

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well once more I went down to Clearwater and I went down real early. It wasn't even quite light out yet. All I can say is the jeweler kept the door shut firmly against me! No gold or jewels for me today. The day wasn't a total loss! I got to meet Cavedweller and chat with him for a few minutes. Nice guy. I have no trouble finding beer caps, pull tabs, nails, screws and various assorted pieces of wire and metal but NO gold or jewels. I did however manage to get two more BIG hoop earrings. NOT gold just cheapo's. This makes a total of 10 hoop earrings in the last few hunts. I also found a whole 33 cents in clad. Well like I said the day wasn't a total loss. Meeting another t-net'er was well worth the trip.

JunknMoney060308.jpg

Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could always give up detecting and open up a earring store...

On a serious note the finds will come, you are putting the time in and have some good spots, so like they say your coil has to pass over it to find it, and if your not out there that won't happen........

Hope he had a few good tips for you never met him but can tell he is a great guy.....

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Darn I passed up a "golden" opportunity! I didn't ask him for any tips! Sheesh. I was having a lot of trouble too. I had several hits and they sounded pretty good. After 3, 4 or 5 scoops I lost the signal and just could not find it again. I would get my coil right over the top, get my scoop in place and a wave would come and push me out of the way. I tried real hard to stay in position but another wave would come. They weren't big but enough to put me off balance. Ah well I figure it all will come with experience and I really hate to keep asking for help especially when I am actually out there hunting. I don't want to take up the time of another hunter when he/she could be finding some good stuff. Getting to say hi is a real pleasure. So I'll take that and be happy. :wink:

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
It was nice meeting you too Mumszie and I'll give you a clue as to where you can find some gold ring's
just go where I was this morning and scour the area and you will have a good chance of finding at
least one gold ring, but keep it a secret - Cavedweller

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey mumzie you did better than I did ,,, I got 1 hooped earring , I'll send ya to add to you inventory ;D ;D ;D and I got 1 quarter, a sore back and a sunburn,, 3 hour spin. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.. Guzz1

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only stupid question is one that isn't asked. Everyone I have seen on here is more than willing to help the other, that is what is so great about these forums.

On losing the target when its rough you have to dig deep and fast, that's why most of us have big scoops. As you dig out a scoop and the wave comes back in the hole starts to fill in again. It could have been a piece of foil that just floated away or because of the sand fillling back in might have made the target too deep.

With the amount of rings that boy has posted in the last month he would have never got away from me without some great tips ;D ;D ;D

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
I bet when you hit it you get more than one. Your persistance will pay off soon. Your stars are lining up. Your ducks are in a row, a good hand will be dealt, a new day will dawn, Good Luck, were all counting on you. :icon_sunny:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Hey that's great you got to meet another Tnet!

Take advantage of the common goal and go teamwork...
Come to a quick agreement, or flip a coin for area, and begin on a grid.

Each keeps their own finds, of course, but make sure the section has been covered!
Then you can move on...

HH
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread