SADDLEBAG GOLD 5.jpg

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
My partner today found 3 very old pots at 3 different holes dug all about 24 inch level. Nothing of value yet. Said that they want to wait to get back to "The Pile Of Rocks" that ARTHUR & OKIE got hits for gold coins for us, for some reason.Further details should come later tonight.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Bad storms there last two days....Maybe tomorrow, not sure.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Bad storms there last two days....Maybe tomorrow, not sure.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Still very HOT, 90-97 F, with heat indexes hitting 115 one day this week!! My partner can only search in shaded areas now. His brother was knocked flat in bed for 3 days with heat exhaustion and does not want that to happen to him. I know you understand.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last 3 days here, the heat indexes were up to 105-115 degrees. That is really hot for my area.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
UPDATE: Another obsticle & fatigue

Partner went back to dig ART & OKIE's dowsed location "PILE OF ROCKS", which they both had a hit for gold there. I believe both also confirmed its in a leather container. Did a night dig this time because the heat has NOT let up for a day dig. It's just too hot & humid to be out in direct sun. Reports there is a larger stone under there now, with three stones that were viewable in the posted pic were moved. Could not move(!!!) the largest submerged stone, reporting the signal is still coming strong with the T808 under that stone. My partner did this after digging many holes at RED OAK site(different thread). So, my partner just kinda ran outta energy to remove this newest largest stone. You can understand, as they do have a daytime job, too. Probably going back next week. Not sure, though. Sounded very discouraged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
ARTHUR & OKIE:

Partner went back to dig again, here is the notes and the pics for dowsing:

QUOTE: "Photo # 6721 There is one rock left to move, but I don't think its necessary. The only signal I get is above it, and not sure it is anything but heavy mineralization.
POR 1.jpg

Photo #6727 The "V" is the last large rock that was removed. it is still undecided about IF there is anything there. There is a rock shelf in the bottom of the "V" so not much digging in that hole is left.
POR 2.jpg

Photo #6730 It looks very different now, but still intriguing. Time to move on??"
POR 3.jpg

Partner seems to believe its bedrock now? Or a large flat slab?? And,maybe the leather container w/coins is below that? (lotta work!)
Thanks for all your help gentlemen!

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
This has quite strong signal with T808. But, it looks like an outcropping to me. Could there be a cache under it, and its a big slab? Could it me a silver seam natural in the rock giving the signal? :treasurechest:

POR 4.jpg

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The experience I had with a two box was very disappointed. I get one gold signal
POR%202.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Thanks Arthur!! That's the biggest rock in the bunch! lol. May I ask is this still getting "gold coins"?? Hope so!! Many thanks!!

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Your initial dowse you said, "I get 30 plus gold coins buried less than 2 foot deep under a rock".

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
ARTHUR,

I believe this is the rock you marked as the location for the gold(coins?) in your latest dowse for us. Would you be so kind to show us where the target is at
from this eye-level photo? (That last one you dowsed was taken from above looking down.)

ARTHUR BIG ROCK marked gold.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Because ARTHUR has not yet dowsed this picture for me. He says he has, I think, but clearly he has not. The log account is in this thread. He's probably busy. If you look back you can see that all the rocks which could be moved, have been moved thus far. The ones remaining go down deep. We don't have funds to rent and haul a back hoe in and out. OKIES last pinpoint spot July 15th was dug past his 14 inches dowse depth to 20 inches.

Why you dont remove all the rocks and make a good hole

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread