Dredge Hopper Or Header Box?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P-63--yes discretion is indeed the best part a valor and using your head for more than banging on the bars is definately a darn good idea. I was there there on the first meet ever--which ended with 20 more years of dredging--and Dan( 1 of 5 Miners Alliance co-founders) and I wanted to be at the last too. :headbang: rock on bud and hope your op on d hill is d bomb :laughing7: and the oro puro flows freely-me???? my hose is in the water as always,almost anyhow till my op---tons a au 2 u 2-John

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Guys, I use a standard garden hose with pistol hand grip operation nozzle. Runs direct off the pump of my 4" dredge. Here is a pic of me using it above the water to flush bed rock schist but I also use it under water to blast material & flush bed rock into & ahead of the nozzle to loosen it up.

Arrow10.jpg

Arrow8.jpg

Here you will see the hose coming off the pump on the 4" dredge

corodredge.jpg

The hole I was working on

corodredge1.jpg

Gold found in this hole

CoroGold4inchdredge.jpg

corospecis3.jpg

corospecia.jpg

Works for me

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
C

CharlieBitMe

Greenie
Apr 22, 2010
Beautiful kiwi. Do you need a dredge buddy? :) I'm trying to adapt your highway cone idea on a 14-15" LeTrap.

Cheers.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: SSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT :icon_thumleft: Never saw a nugget from nowheres I didn't luv-thanx for eye candy and hope life is righteous-tons a au 2 u 2-John :laughing7:

umpqua_gold

Greenie
Jul 26, 2008
Kiwi,

What is the width of the box on the 3"? I am planning on using a traffic cone for my flair on my 3" box ( :headbang: thanks Hoser!)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'VE BEEN WORKING ON PLANS FOR AN ULTRA-LIGHT SMALL DREDGE FOR A WHILE, AND I GOTTA SAY THAT THE TRAFFIC CONE IDEA BUSTED UP A MENTAL CLOG THAT I HAVE HAD
FOR SOME TIME. THANKS FOR SHARING. AND BY THE WAY, YOU CAN PICK ONE OF THOSE UP JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE. GUYS LEAVE 'EM ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD ALL OF THE TIME....
HEHEHEHEHE!

I'VE GOTTEN IN SUCH BAD SHAPE THAT CARRYING MY GEAR INTO THE CREEK AND BACK OUT, HAVE FORCED ME TO LIGHTEN UP AND SIMPLIFY OR GIVE UP THE ONLY HOBBY LOVE DOING.

I'M BLESSED WITH A TRUCK THAT CAN GET ME CLOSE TO THE WATER FOR MOST PLACES THAT I GO. IF I CAN'T GET CLOSE..... I JUST DON'T GET TO GO.

SOME OF THE INFO ON THIS THREAD HAS BEEN A REAL LIFE (STYLE) SAVER. THANKS

BLESSINGS ON YOU ALL.
PROSPECTORMIKEL
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• MY TOYOTA BUILD UP 013.1.JPG
    MY TOYOTA BUILD UP 013.1.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 640

ripcurl382

Greenie
Jun 19, 2012
Alpharetta, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem I have had using the traffic cone for a jet flare is that my traffic cone is just too flimsy. The hose tends to twist the cone which disrupts the smooth even flow of water through the cone and into my sluice. I try rigging up various types of support but just doesn't seem to work effectively for me. Also, the piece of pressure treated 2x8 I used to mount the cone to my box ended up splitting over time. Turned out to be a headache for me. Any suggestions from you traffic cone users on how to combat these issues? Anyone else got a good, cheap alternative to a jet flare?

Thanks

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Buy a small can of fiberglass resin. Get a piece of fiberglass cloth. Probably 3x3 will do. Coat the cone with the resin. Wrap the cone with the cloth....fitting it in a single layer. Spread some resin over the cloth again. Let dry. (PS leave the small neck of the cone "unglassed" for the 1st 3 inches. This allows you to use a clamp and obtain a secure fit.)

Bejay

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bejay I like your Idea on the fiber glass It gives the DYI dredge builder two option's 1: Glass the cone in OR 2: Use the cone as a form and use a little more fiber glass and resin to make the flare.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread