Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Camper292000

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2013
Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Duck, I'm in Marietta and would like to meet up for some panning. Just what I need is more bags of black sand! Would like to meet up one day.

Sent from my Android Moto G on Straighttalk

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure thing camper, maybe we can have some lunch or something some time and talk about places to go. i work in Marietta 9-6 5 days a week.

Kevin, would i not get more money by getting the gold off the contacts? i figured i could do that, hold onto it and horde it until it goes up in price more.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure thing camper, maybe we can have some lunch or something some time and talk about places to go. i work in Marietta 9-6 5 days a week. Kevin, would i not get more money by getting the gold off the contacts? i figured i could do that, hold onto it and horde it until it goes up in price more.
In theory maybe but the cost of the chemicals to separate the gold at a small scale is not really cost effective...and you need to buy safety equipment, processing tools, etc. Leave that to someone processing industrial level volumes. Still you could just hoard up the chips and other plated contacts until you're happy with gold prices.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Touche' i guess the next question would be, how do i know im not getting ripped off at the scrap yard?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Touche' i guess the next question would be, how do i know im not getting ripped off at the scrap yard?
look at sales of similar stuff on eBay, that should give you some helpful data points.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, i didnt get any responses other than sherries about my riffles, but now i have a new question.

As many of you may know, i work on HP servers and deal with computers everyday all day for work. We scrap thousands of pounds of computer equipment a month. I just saw a youtube video about someone taking memory chips or RAM as its also known, and cutting off the contacts on the bottom. he claims they are gold plated and that he can get 2 grams out of 100 chips. Thats NOTHING around here. we scrap ALOT of memory around here. if this is true, i would love to know. I cant wait to give this a try. THANKS!!!

You can use more than the pins! The best place that I know of for info about what metals you can get from electronics/computers and how to get the metals is:

GOLD REFINING FORUM - GOLD REFINERS HELPING ONE ANOTHER

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I got a surprise package today. One of the shipping and receiving guys brought me a package from AM mining. I opened it up and there was a brand new mini sluice box and a check for the full amount I paid for my original that was unhappy with. Thanks to the guys at AM. Really shows how customer loyalty is a big deal to them. The new one I got today has the AM mining stamped onto it. The old one I had did not. Makes me wonder who made the one I bought from big valley metal detectors. The first one I got that I was unhappy with is on the right.

Attachments

• image-1788256085.jpg
    image-1788256085.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1236847130.jpg
    image-1236847130.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-477496935.jpg
    image-477496935.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 92

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be all that surprised if your first one was counterfit Ducky.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I got a surprise package today. One of the shipping and receiving guys brought me a package from AM mining. I opened it up and there was a brand new mini sluice box and a check for the full amount I paid for my original that was unhappy with. Thanks to the guys at AM. Really shows how customer loyalty is a big deal to them. The new one I got today has the AM mining stamped onto it. The old one I had did not. Makes me wonder who made the one I bought from big valley metal detectors. The first one I got that I was unhappy with is on the right.
Im So elated you got what you wanted in the end; and for a Great price!
I know AM had issues a little while ago, hopefully times have changed and Cx service will thrive again.

Get it in the water asap! :). Make sure to take some photos

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wouldn't be all that surprised if your first one was counterfit Ducky.

i had expressed my concern with AM over the phone about it being counterfeit and he assured me that big valley MD sold authentic AM Mining equipment only. the sticker doesnt quite look the same either. at any rate, i now have 2 22" backpackers sluices, didnt pay for either one really since he sent the check and the replacement sluice.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i had expressed my concern with AM over the phone about it being counterfeit and he assured me that big valley MD sold authentic AM Mining equipment only. the sticker doesnt quite look the same either. at any rate, i now have 2 22" backpackers sluices, didnt pay for either one really since he sent the check and the replacement sluice.

Im glad you have the Correct product you wanted to begin with.
Heavy pans Duck!!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Sherry! i do love a drop riffle sluice. easier clean outs and in my opinion they hold onto that flour gold better than traditional riffles.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Sherry! i do love a drop riffle sluice. easier clean outs and in my opinion they hold onto that flour gold better than traditional riffles.
I wouldnt mind doing a few controlled tests with that new box of yours. I bet it works bounds better than the first one you recieved

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i know for a fact it will TGP. The one i first received had tons of excess plastic in the riffles and all the riffles were deeper on one side than the other causing it to pack up all on the right hand side. i think i have video of the first one being used. you can see it loading unevenly.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ducky, put them back to back just for the heck of it! ;-)

Why waste his time when he can be seriously prospecting
Plus they are the same system the deformed one may not work as well but why take concern unless its 2 different sluices

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like A Mac stands by their products. Can't ask for more than that. G/L

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kiddo, obviously he would put the deformed one in the rear. Personally I don't think 1-2 minutes of set-up is a big waste of time, especially to know for sure if it is losing gold out of the first box or not. It's a system of checks and balances. It's better to err on the side of caution until he determines if the first one alone captures all the gold and none is being blown out due to the short length of the AM's then he can feel comfortable in using only the first box. I'm going to leave it up to him to test out, after all it was only a suggestion...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions