Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to often, and it's not unusual to be prospecting with folks from TN! Lol. Good call Ducky!

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, Ducky, if I get to go back to visit my family in Alabama in the next couple of years, I'll be coming out to meet you and your family and go prospecting! So you better find a good spot that you want me to help you dig out real good! X-P

(X-P... that's supposed to be me squinting my eyes and sticking my tongue out at you. LOL!!!)

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL!!! Kiddo, that's funny!

My Motto is that when I've been invited to come dig with someone in their spot, it's always about the fun and creating lasting friendships... And I always insist that they keep all the gold we found. So, based on that, I'm sad to say that you'd be missing out on meeting a good person and the possibility of heavy pans! ;-)

But I'll still be around here on TNet to chat with ya!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL!!! Kiddo, that's funny! My Motto is that when I've been invited to come dig with someone in their spot, it's always about the fun and creating lasting friendships... And I always insist that they keep all the gold we found. So, based on that, I'm sad to say that you'd be missing out on meeting a good person and the possibility of heavy pans! ;-) But I'll still be around here on TNet to chat with ya!
Hey Sherry, skip the family in Alabama and come see me instead! LoL

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell we have a small plane air port in villa rica. Although privately owned check out Stockmar Airport Villa rica GA. i live less than 5 min from there.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Washington is not a bad stop if your making a gold tour!

JB

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After using my jigsaw to get these off of some server rack doors, I've got a QTY of 32 of them. These will make some excellent riffles for a new homemade sluice. The are just shy of 8" long and just over 2" tall. The smaller length will hopefully help me get some faster water over them with the small water supply I have. Going to bend the flat half down a bit to give more of an angle. What degree should I have them at when I bend them? 45? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-136274808.jpg
    image-136274808.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2045985763.jpg
    image-2045985763.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dream about prospecting and then it turns into a nightmare when someone tries to steal my gold!! Already been a couple of gun fights !!

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To anyone responding to Ducky's question below...

I would also like to know your thoughts and opinions on:

1. If he alternated riffles of different degrees of angle within the sluice if that would be something to consider trying?

OR

2. If it would be beneficial if he put, say the first 2/3 of riffles in the beginning of the sluice angled/pitched flatter and then in the last 1/3 of the sluice left the riffles in a more upward angle as shown in his photos?

I'm asking this because I see sluice boxes with riffles at various angles some with a higher angle/pitch and some with a flatter angle/pitch. Typically in each sluice, the riffles are all the same angle/pitch therefore I was wondering if it may perform better at catching different sizes of gold with the use of different angled/pitched riffles.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, i didnt get any responses other than sherries about my riffles, but now i have a new question.

As many of you may know, i work on HP servers and deal with computers everyday all day for work. We scrap thousands of pounds of computer equipment a month. I just saw a youtube video about someone taking memory chips or RAM as its also known, and cutting off the contacts on the bottom. he claims they are gold plated and that he can get 2 grams out of 100 chips. Thats NOTHING around here. we scrap ALOT of memory around here. if this is true, i would love to know. I cant wait to give this a try. THANKS!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, i didnt get any responses other than sherries about my riffles, but now i have a new question. As many of you may know, i work on HP servers and deal with computers everyday all day for work. We scrap thousands of pounds of computer equipment a month. I just saw a youtube video about someone taking memory chips or RAM as its also known, and cutting off the contacts on the bottom. he claims they are gold plated and that he can get 2 grams out of 100 chips. Thats NOTHING around here. we scrap ALOT of memory around here. if this is true, i would love to know. I cant wait to give this a try. THANKS!!!
Ducky, lots of computer contacts are gold plated to maximize conductivity and eliminate oxidization. A close friend of mine in a job similar to yours recently made $100 selling gold plated chip pins! There is lots of info on YouTube, etc about gold recovery from electronics recycling. Do know that you don't have to do the chemical processing to get paid for the gold, you can sell it to those "we buy gold" storefronts or on eBay just by collecting up the gold plated contacts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Judging by one of the videos i saw on youtube, it looks like i can just use muratic acid and hydrogen peroxide in equal parts to extract it from the plastic. will this still have copper and other alloys in it if i do this?

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Judging by one of the videos i saw on youtube, it looks like i can just use muratic acid and hydrogen peroxide in equal parts to extract it from the plastic. will this still have copper and other alloys in it if i do this?
Be careful Duck! Sounds exciting, let me know how it goes

Be well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread