Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, it has finally happend. We found a nice little rental in north carolina (i have to move for work) and should be up there on the weekend of June 11. Looking forward to starting this new chapter and we are right at home where we will be moving. Just to get to the street the house is on we had wheat fields on either side of the road. Farms, goats, horses, hills, and woods all around us. Wish us luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you find access to gold prospecting close by!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone has recmendations for creeks, streams, or rivers near Lincolnton NC PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To get you thinking, here's what the USGS data shows near you:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464332282.684304.jpg

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still getting settled in here in NC. We moved to Licolnton. Really like it up here. Supposedly (according to my neighbor) there is a small creek in the woods behind the house. i tried to venture back there but the mosquito swarmed me the first 50ft in... gotta buy some Off or something to get back there. Hope to have some gold posted soon!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still getting settled in here in NC. We moved to Licolnton. Really like it up here. Supposedly (according to my neighbor) there is a small creek in the woods behind the house. i tried to venture back there but the mosquito swarmed me the first 50ft in... gotta buy some Off or something to get back there. Hope to have some gold posted soon!

Maybe douse yourself with some of the local "shine".:laughing7:
Happy hunting.

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Ducky how exciting, you only live 1.5 hrs from my best friend in Asheville!!! I have a feeling that we will be prospecting together soon when I fly out to visit her!!! I want to go to the LDMA Claim there and check it out and I can take a visitor!!! Hope to dig with you soon!!!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
UPDATE:

Yes im still alive for those curious. Been a while since ive posted anything but honestly, not much to post about here. We are 100% unpacked, and man it is a HUGE weight lifted off. Only trouble is, i cant remember where i put everything. I found one of my snuffer bottles with water in it, held it up to look in the bottom of it and there was a bunch of yellow in there. Seems the creek that is "in the woods behind the house" is about a mile and a half back crossing many private properties. Saw what i think is the same creek under a bridge near by, plenty of bedrock but the cracks run with the creek and not across. Any hope for gold in there? It sits out of the water but im sure its covered when we get rain. Anywho, still hoping to get out but even though im unpacked, there is still plenty to do!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ducky , those cracks parallel with the flow are just about as good as the ones perpendicular. G/L

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I got out finally... took the kids so it was not too productive. LOTS of bed rock with cracks. Gold pics to come but here is what I have so far.

Attachments

• 1479069539261.jpg
    1479069539261.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 1479069552539.jpg
    1479069552539.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 1479069588080.jpg
    1479069588080.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 133

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you gave that snake a nightcrawler or a slug for the trouble. Those brown snakes are wonderful around the garden to keep slugs down. Had 3 as pets. Were his eyes milky? Looks like he's near ready to shed.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty sure this guy was just a common garder snake. I moved him away from my daughter who was terrified lol.

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sure this guy was just a common garder snake. I moved him away from my daughter who was terrified lol.
I wouldn't do that over here (Aust.) 99% of them want to kill as soon as look at you ...even the babies are poisonous. 99% of the lizards are ok but will still give you a nip if you aggreviate them except the goannas...if they bite or scratch you expect about a week in hospital on antibiotics. Apart from that its a beatiful place to be...lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well its been a while but here I am. I got out this morning and walked about 2 miles to a nice gravel bar area. Did about 6 or so pans from various areas and had ZERO luck. It was nice to dip the pan in the water but it was cold this morning. It was about 34F (thats 1C for you non-american blokes). There is a TON of black sand here but no gold in the field. I brought home all my panning cons to process through classification properly just to be safe. Here are some pictures of the gravel bar and the dig site. As a side note, i was worried i was going to be in trouble for digging here as it is owned by the county. Turns out, I ran into a fella who is the Maintenance Contractor for the area. He gave me full 100% permission to do whatever i want when it comes to prospecting as long as it does not disturb ground away from the river. Looks like i will be taking the bazooka and a real shovel soon!
20170217_090221.jpg 20170217_081150.jpg 20170217_083306.jpg 20170217_091310.jpg

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And here is some gold i missed while in the field! Just shows how much classification really does matter!
20170217_115615.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice to see ya Duck!!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That spot looks good!. Chocolate milk in the pan, lots of black sand. Endless supply of material. Break out the bazooka and see what happens!. When dealing with heavy black sands and small gold I leave my snuffer at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread