Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So how far away from the photo with the bedrock were you. Have you looked at the area you are prospecting with Google Earth? Would be interesting to see where the river path was in 1937, 1955, 1987, etc. May find a good spot to start sampling from that data. Good luck.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out this morning. This spot is about a mile from bedrock. I'm starting to think my cons from the other day may have been contaminated... I zooked for about an hour with morning and pulled nothing but glass, fishing weights and birdshot. I even fully classified at the river. Something I rarely do. Not a spec!

Edit: I met a guy on the trail today, he is super nice. Great historian on the local area. We are meeting up Thursday morning to hit some bedrock to see if we can get some gold.

Attachments

• 1487608686385.jpg
    1487608686385.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 1487608698030.jpg
    1487608698030.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck DuckWalk with the bedrock adventure. With the lead your were finding, if there was gold in that stretch you likely would have found some mixed with all that lead - time to move to a new spot. I met up today with Shofs (another Denver prospector) and we hit a stretch of the Platte River that had exposed bedrock - but together we only found 60-70 small specs of color. Will also be moving along to another location. The hunt is on!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am so confused by this creek.. I hit a NICE horizontal bedrock crack this morning. I know i was in a good spot because of all the fishing weights, bird shot, and the railroad spike i found (dont ask.....) the crack went all the way down to my elbow. Not a speck... I think it may be time to move on to another creek.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds right Ducky, sad to say.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Right place and tactics. Check. Gold? Nope. Time to move on? Check. Don't fall victim to the gold pan prayer. :thumbsup:

I am just confused. i have gold in my pan from this place (atleast i thought i did). Why am i not finding anymore? Perhaps my cons were in fact contaminated. Now if i can just figure out where i contaminated them, I'll be on the gold!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Contaminated with gold. i hope that happens to me more often. Good Luck in your digs Ducky.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, got out on Monday to do some metal detecting. Got to the site and fired it up. Seems the place has become an area for people to dump modern trash.
I found so much tin roofing I just got frustrated and packed up. I will have to find a less trashed area i reckon.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know i havent posted in a while. Im working 70 hour + weeks so going out is not an option lately. I did purchase a house finally in North Carolina instead of renting. Its a beautiful home with an acer of property (I DID HAVE THE MINERAL RIGHTS IN MY NAME UPON PURCHASE!) Right next to the corner of my property (my neighbors property) is a good sized creek. I havent mustered up the courage to ask them permission to get to it. its down a nasty black berry filled hill. I would like to add that during my move, we left most of my prospecting equipment in the carport while moving one truck load late one night, came back in the morning to find it all missing. All of my gold pans, homemade sluice, all of my classifiers. The super sluice pan and my classifiers are what im most upset about. Lucky for me, im lazy and have had my bazooka in my car for like a year so that was safe. If i can get a sample from the creek right beside me and find some color, i might invest back in some classifiers and a new super sluice pan. Im still here, i just mostly click away through the posts. Thought id share a pic of my wife and i in front of our azaleas. Beardy.PNG

Take care all!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations on the new home! Sorry about the dirty rotten thief's that got your gear that sucks. I hope your neighbors are friendly and let you get a peek at their property. Hopefully things will settle down at work and you'll get a little more Time at home and a chance to look for some shinny!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to "see" Ducky!
...nice beard!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thieves and theft really suck and I have been a victim a few times and even recently...when I bought $95 worth of paint (3 gls) and had it stolen out of the back of my Explorer while I was inside talking to my mechanic. :BangHead: Since I had just purchased it with a CC and most cards have theft protection, thought I would give it a try. They eventually weaseled their way out of it by saying it fell under exempt-consumable/perishable. I said it was neither but lost out anyway. Could work for you maybe?

Really happy for the home of your own tho. Best thing ever if it's where ya wanna be. :headbang: Show us some landscape of it when you can.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, nice! A greenhouse (or potting shed? Or gold room!) even :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions