Dug a Couple Keepers Today, Boy It's Been a While.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to my honey hole today and made a point to take the Deus out for a while instead of my ole faithful F75 LTD2. :thumbsup: I started in zero disc, full tones and after about 30 minutes of digging mostly trash I decided to run my disc up to 85. The site is about 3 to 4 acres and I have been hunting it for 3 years now so it's been pretty much gridded in 2 directions. I hit a few of the dryer areas since much of the ground is saturated from the melted snow and rain. I was on auto pilot moving from West to East, nothing but a few pieces of clad and some bottle caps on the first meandering route. I then decided to get up near a building and got my 1st good target on the 6th grid line. It was the small silver ring. Soon after I dug a small pocket spill and then the two wheats came from under a pine tree. I went back into autopilot mode just hoping I'd pull a silver Rosie at least. Ten minutes later I got a deep target, dug down between 8 & 9 inches and out came the green beauty. :headbang: An 1864 2 cent coin. My 2nd ever and it was also an 1864.

The 2 Cent Coin

20170212_151531.jpg

All of Today's Keepers

20170212_151503.jpg

All Today's finds (less trash)

20170212_151123.jpg

Yesterdays Finds

20170211_172307.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today

GL & HH

Upvote 46
Great looking coin! I have yet to dig one of those but this may be the year

Great job LD! Love the 2 cent pc. Much better shape than mine. Glad you got out and plowed some ground.

HH, RN

Great finds. Looks like i wont get out for a long time. Huge snow storm coming tomorrow on top of whats already down!

Glad you were able to get out and I'd say you had a fantastic day! Congrats!

Looks like a good day to me! That coin is in great condition.

Fantastic strategy to get those goodies! Love the 2-cent piece, congratulations! :occasion14:

For some reason, the 2 cent piece is one of my favorite coins!

Congrats!

Just a very cool coin, Loco, congrats! But I am always partial to those lovely silver bands, and am glad that you found another good one! Sub 8-)

Congrats Kevin glad to see you got out!!! I went out for a few hours 38 degrees works for me. Great coin for your display case nice ring too!!!!! Ive been in a silver rutt for a while I did find a 10k class ring a few weeks ago Thanks for the post!!!!!

Very sweet 2-center- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

ya know on the way west I think people dropped all the good stuff before they got to indiana

Great condition
Awesome coin
Congrats

Nice hunt, my friend. I have yet to find a 2 cent piece.

Hello LD. Very nice finds...add a couple of wheats, a silver ring, and it looks like you scored a cub scout item too...GOOD HUNT!

Still looking for my 1st 2-center. Good Luck. C9

Lovely 2 Center! That one still eludes me! :icon_thumright:
Nice ring too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back