Dug a Couple Keepers Today, Boy It's Been a While.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to my honey hole today and made a point to take the Deus out for a while instead of my ole faithful F75 LTD2. :thumbsup: I started in zero disc, full tones and after about 30 minutes of digging mostly trash I decided to run my disc up to 85. The site is about 3 to 4 acres and I have been hunting it for 3 years now so it's been pretty much gridded in 2 directions. I hit a few of the dryer areas since much of the ground is saturated from the melted snow and rain. I was on auto pilot moving from West to East, nothing but a few pieces of clad and some bottle caps on the first meandering route. I then decided to get up near a building and got my 1st good target on the 6th grid line. It was the small silver ring. Soon after I dug a small pocket spill and then the two wheats came from under a pine tree. I went back into autopilot mode just hoping I'd pull a silver Rosie at least. Ten minutes later I got a deep target, dug down between 8 & 9 inches and out came the green beauty. :headbang: An 1864 2 cent coin. My 2nd ever and it was also an 1864.

The 2 Cent Coin

20170212_151531.jpg

All of Today's Keepers

20170212_151503.jpg

All Today's finds (less trash)

20170212_151123.jpg

Yesterdays Finds

20170211_172307.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today

GL & HH

Upvote 46

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, I too have not dug one of those beauties, I'm like WIF, I really like how that coin looks, I really want to find some of those. Congrats on a few good keepers, like sub said, I'm partial to those rings too!
What number did it ring up on your Deus?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Loco!

Thanks s.c.s the fun continues.

Very nice, Loco-Digger!! Good to see you on the board with quality keepers, again!!
That 2 center looks to be in fairly good condition.........and the silver ring has to be as good as a Rosie!!

Thanks Chizzy, One keeper makes for a good hunt, the ring was just icing on the cake.

Nice finds , my honey hole is under 2feet of fill dirt now , sad

Thanks jimzz sorry to hear about your honey hole, it was a great site while it lasted. I'm certain you will find more fertile grounds.

Sweet, I too have not dug one of those beauties, I'm like WIF, I really like how that coin looks, I really want to find some of those. Congrats on a few good keepers, like sub said, I'm partial to those rings too!
What number did it ring up on your Deus?

Thanks Brad, I love to see a dark green disk in the hole. It had to ring in higher than 84 since I ran disc 0-84, so I could concentrate on learning high tone signals. Still getting used to the Deus, slowly. Sorry I do not recall the target ID.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt Loco...that 2 center is a BEAUTY!! My friend dug one at one of my permissions this summer and was a mean, green looker also...Good to see you got out and had some fun...ddf

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1864 2 cent coin is just totally outstanding. I'd love to find something that nice. A Big Super Congrats.

tabman

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good day bro

Thanks Slim's P, it was a pleasant surprise when I pulled this out of the hole.

Congrats on a great hunt Loco...that 2 center is a BEAUTY!! My friend dug one at one of my permissions this summer and was a mean, green looker also...Good to see you got out and had some fun...ddf

Thanks DDF, I'm going back this weekend with the Deus to see if I can hear more deep treasures.

That 1864 2 cent coin is just totally outstanding. I'd love to find something that nice. A Big Super Congrats.
tabman

Thanks tabman, maybe your Mojave will locate one for you soon.

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Loco! I love the 2 Cent pieces when they come out of the ground. You usually have to pause for a second to remind yourself that they exist.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loco on that 2-cent! After seeing both sides that's in great shape for what, 153 years old? Really Nice!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Loco! I love the 2 Cent pieces when they come out of the ground. You usually have to pause for a second to remind yourself that they exist.

Thanks Sleuth, ya gotta love pulling a civil war era coin.

Very nice detail on the two center congrats Loco....:headbang:

Thanks PP hope to see ypou pull one this season

Congrats Loco on that 2-cent! After seeing both sides that's in great shape for what, 153 years old? Really Nice!

Thanks dsdigger, both 2 centers I dug are in great shape, I just wish the shirled and V-nickles would come out in this good of shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions