maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, i'm still here, just been real bsy these last few weeks. So today I decided to go to a branch of my dump bank I had never dumped at before because I had to go to another town this afternoon, I walk in with a 1000 rerolled up in CRW's and boxed up ( as I woild do at any other branch that I frequent every week) and the teller asks what I would like to do with it, I say just exchange for cash, she says, let me ask what I do with these. The head teller comes over and says, We have to send those out to be counted, I say no, I just want to exchange for cash, thats why I rerolled all of them back up and every other branch ( 20 plus) told me to bring them in rolled up for e3xchange for cash or I could bring them in bagged up to be sent out for countingand I do both when it's necesary. She says that the other branches must be doing you a favor and that they don't exchange for cash. So I told her that I doubt 20 plus other branches around her are all doing me a favor and that she is the only branch that is doing it corectly, every branch exchanges coins for cash and she is the only one that has ever told me that.

So, I know how to handle the situation and am pretty well versed when it comes to dealing with people, I just want an opinion on IF I should even bother with calling this branch and speaking to the branch manager about the situation, or just let it go. Now, mind you, I have my Mortgage, IRAs, checking savings, Ect. at this bank, and have had the same checking account with them for 25 years now. Feel free to coment, I'm not looking for a debate from anyone, just if you think I should let it go or not. Normally I'd just let it go, but this girl did piss me off today, and I know they do exchange for cash, it's their policy. HH, and thanks for looking, Maverick.

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav...if you don't see yourself going to that particular branch any more in the future, I would just shake the dust from your shoes and walk away from it. Screw her...I too hate it when stupid branch managers (both women and men) just have no idea what their bank policies are. I swear CRH'ers know more about how banks operate than most of the employees themselves. I would just let it go and sleep well tonight :)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
You should file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. That will help.

Kidding.

Yell and scream at the Bank Manager. That will get what you what you want. - advice of Eminem.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an easy one. Just let it go and use the other branches to dump. Pick your battles wisely. This would be an unwise battle situation as you do not have a "guaranteed" win here if you press the issue. It is possible that if you cause a fuss over this, you'll lose your "exchange for cash" privilege at all the branches. Maybe the other branches are doing you a favor, and when someone sitting on a higher rung of the ladder of this particular banking institution hears about it, you'll be shut down. During the battle, you might rub someone somewhere the wrong way and they shut you down.

There are numerous possible situations that could cause this to go very bad for you if you press the issue. In the end you'd only gain one dump branch if it went perfectly. If it goes badly you could lose twenty. Not worth the risk IMO.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is funny, is i was just thinking about telling you to look back to last month and see MrSchulz unfortunate run in with a bank branch and the outcome there. Not that I think MrShulz did anything wrong, but he fought the law and the law won. The law being the bank of course. I would just brush it off and not cause waves and move on.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having accounts there, why wouldn't you just deposit it ,and withdraw it soon after? I can't imagine any bank refusing a deposit.
Ray

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well - if I had all those accounts I might think about raising a stink buuuuuuuut do you really want to take a chance that the branch manager might just pick up the phone and call a couple branch managers and say do you know "......" who is in here raising a stink about dumping off box of halves. You might find that those 20 banks you take your dumps at may quickly turn into 10.

Maine_Jim

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I would go back later and get a different teller. If you get the same annoying one, let them know that you prefer so-and-so thank you. If they throw a skunk about it. Remind them just how long you have been a customer, and smile, keep a light tone. If they get really stinky, remind them of the other things you have with them and boy "I wonder what the rates are elsewhere?"

If all else fails, tell them to deposit the money and if they get really stinky, ask them why they are refusing legal american minted currency.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Allright, I think the it's pretty clear too, I thought the same thing about them calling another branch after I left and causing problems for me at other branches too, like I said, I would normally just let it go too, but figured I'd ask everyone here and see if we were of the same opinion ( we are, lol) so i appreciate the advice guys, gonna just let this one roll off my shoulder and keep on keepin on.

Ironically, I am in the middle of my best week EVER right now, boxes have been great this week at all my pick up banks so far! So I'm happy, even after the wrench this threw into things today for me I'm still having a great week, I'll post my finds at the end for this week, still have 6 more boxes to go. There must have been a big collection dump in my district here recently. Thanks again everyone for the advice! And to everyone searching today good luck! Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I forgot, I normally do use the bags but, I needed some qwik cash today, that was why I figured I'd rerol land dump outta town. HH, Maverick

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to be rude or disrespectful but there seems to be an attitude that banks are obligated to sell us massive volumes of coins and then accept the coins once we are done pawing through them. Rather than feel entitled maybe we should all be a little more appreciative of the extra work and effort that the tellers have to do to allow us this hobby.

Raising issues, talking to managers, threatening to close accounts, filing complaints seems like the surest way to ruin it for everyone.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Catcake where in Tx if you don't mind me asking? I used to live near Houston

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Maverick, you're a clear headed guy I like your style. 20:1 is not a bad ratio, let that one slide!

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin... Not sure if disclosing locations is CRH SOP (standard operating procedure). Each time I'm in the bank I eye everyone suspiciously for telltale signs of coin roll hunting... I've introduced myself to a couple vault managers and told them exactly what I'm up to. I then ask what rules I should observe and how to maintain a good relationship with that branch. So far I've gotten great responses and great feedback from the bank vault managers.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Usually when someone says " Not to be rude, but" or " Not to be arrogant, but" or my favorite one " Not to sound like a racist, but" it means they're about too. You can look back at some of my posts and see I've been doing this for some time now and well aware of what are and what aren't a banks obligations to us. Now, if I was one of those people who just opened an account with 50.00 in it and started going dump crazy then I would expect someone to say something real qwik to me from the bank, but, if you read my OP you would see that I have some major steak and time with this bank and they are making plenty off of me on my investsments with them.

I would actually go back and read alot of the older posts of members. HH, Maverick.

It didn't tag on, but this response was meant for Catcake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Maverick, you're a clear headed guy I like your style. 20:1 is not a bad ratio, let that one slide!

Thanks SFB, ya, it's a good ratio for sure, you know how every once in awhile though, someone just gets under your skin and she did today, just the fact that I've had that account sice she was probably 2 yrs old, lol. HH, Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump into one bank, multiple branches bagged coin and exchange for cash. I had the same experience as you last weekend, where I went in to dump $1K and was told they would have to be sent out. I explained how the banks in my town handle it and the VT said they "are doing me a favor because they must know me." Some things come down to what they are willing to do, or not do. Ill ask a few questions, make a suggestion or two, but if I cant get anywhere I let it go and move on....if only to avoid the small chance that VT knows someone at corporate and decides to try and mess up my game with my regular banks. All it would take is a memo w/policy change sent out to all the branches in my area and I would be finished until I came up with another dump strategy. My thoughts on the subject. YMMV.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Even if your doing it right (which I believe you are from a right standpoint) it is irrelevant if you wear out your welcome. I dump at dozens of banks (mostly machines) and raise or lower the amount or frequency based on their faces , moods etc. I dump at quite a few branches where others were asked not to come back . Right or wrong i am still here and they are not. Whenever I hear a story of being asked not to come back I listen very carefully.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Last week one of my source bank tellers told me he was in trouble for taking in a $500 box of halves. First he needed another $500 in halves to get it shipped out (which I of course was able to get him very quickly) and then he said that they were charged $20 for the pick-up by brinks. I thought that was excessive but does point out that if you are dealing with a smaller bank branch they will likely have a different cost structure than a larger commercial sized bank branch.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions