maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, i'm still here, just been real bsy these last few weeks. So today I decided to go to a branch of my dump bank I had never dumped at before because I had to go to another town this afternoon, I walk in with a 1000 rerolled up in CRW's and boxed up ( as I woild do at any other branch that I frequent every week) and the teller asks what I would like to do with it, I say just exchange for cash, she says, let me ask what I do with these. The head teller comes over and says, We have to send those out to be counted, I say no, I just want to exchange for cash, thats why I rerolled all of them back up and every other branch ( 20 plus) told me to bring them in rolled up for e3xchange for cash or I could bring them in bagged up to be sent out for countingand I do both when it's necesary. She says that the other branches must be doing you a favor and that they don't exchange for cash. So I told her that I doubt 20 plus other branches around her are all doing me a favor and that she is the only branch that is doing it corectly, every branch exchanges coins for cash and she is the only one that has ever told me that.

So, I know how to handle the situation and am pretty well versed when it comes to dealing with people, I just want an opinion on IF I should even bother with calling this branch and speaking to the branch manager about the situation, or just let it go. Now, mind you, I have my Mortgage, IRAs, checking savings, Ect. at this bank, and have had the same checking account with them for 25 years now. Feel free to coment, I'm not looking for a debate from anyone, just if you think I should let it go or not. Normally I'd just let it go, but this girl did piss me off today, and I know they do exchange for cash, it's their policy. HH, and thanks for looking, Maverick.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jim, it is a very large national bank and every other branch is very accomodating to me giving me coin lock bags when ever I need and I allways ask if I'm ok with them and the amounts I bring in and the response is allways the same, no problems, and I allways bring home made treats in to my branches too( I think everyone read some of my posts on that a while back). I think this branch I went into just didn't want to deal with counting the coins. I have gone to other areas that I have never dumped at before too ( road trip to the beach with wife and kids) and walked in with 1000 rolled up and never had a problem before, they allways take them with a smile and ask " is there anything else I can do for you Mr. ....., so, I guess I'll just not visit this branch again, it does suck because this one was a little closer and could have been a convenient dump bank for me once a month, but oh well. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread