North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle button & My Great Uncle

I made a trip up to Northern Indiana last weekend, and I saw some white stuff that I think they called "snow" (pronounced ssss-no).
Man, was it cold up there. :tongue3: Anyways, I was able to see my brother and my uncle while I was there.
My uncle enjoys seeing the things I dig up when I e-mail them to him, especially the CW relics. Little did I know, he was a CW nut too.
He gave me some great old magazines that he had saved over the years called "Civil War Times". There are about 20+ issues with half being from 1977 and the other half from 1983. I was dying to read them as I drove back 13 hours to NC, but I figured I better keep an eye on the road. Besides, I couldn't drive, read, and talk on the cell all at the same time. :tard:
"THANKS UNCLE RON" :thumbsup:

I don't think I've detected or posted since I found that half dime last week, so here are a few items I found at the plantation house today in the horse pasture. Again, I had cut way back on my discrim & it paid off. ;D

*14mm EAGLE button (cuff) - with shank & back mark, but I can't make out the back mark. :icon_scratch:

*19mm heavy (brass ?) flat button - with shank but no back mark. :(

*Asst'd who knows what & a lead shot.

I'm hoping to detect on Saturday with DD-777 (Andy) and Mave2535 (Chris) at their maverick site. I was told to wear a dress and bring plenty of beef jerky. :icon_scratch: Not sure what they have in mind butt I'll keep a good eye on those two. I may be older & shorter than them, but I can kick like a mule! :tongue3: ;D :wink:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-152S.JPG
    MVC-152S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 820
  • MVC-153S.JPG
    MVC-153S.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 779
  • MVC-154S.JPG
    MVC-154S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 793
  • MVC-155S.JPG
    MVC-155S.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 787
  • MVC-156S.JPG
    MVC-156S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 770
  • MVC-157S.JPG
    MVC-157S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 792
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Eagle button & My Great Uncle

Nana40 said:
Yeah. That new dress might be better. You wouldn't want to do a fashion 'no no' by wearing the same dress to every party. ;D

Whites_Wonder_Woman11-1-1.jpg

Super finds, MM! :wink:

christmas_verymerry.gif

Nana :-*

Oh thanks a lot Nana! I was just getting over that event from last year and my shrink said I have been making great progress and now THIS! :tard: I did look pretty darn sexy in that tight dress though right? :icon_scratch: :tongue3:
I see a few "additions" were added to make me look better. (that wasn't too hard to do :wink: )
I thought those pictures were long gone and buried, but I guess not. I blame that darn BoobyDoo for conning me into doing that.
I still have that nice gold & sapphire ring he sent me though. :thumbsup:
Well, let me go get me another bottle of booze now to see if I can make this memory go away. :tongue3:
Have a great holiday young lady,
Doug
P.S. I hope DD-777 Andy will still let me detect with him this Saturday. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread