Early American Spot Yields Early American Coins And Relics

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers got out to a new site. Kyle has been sputtering about this spot for awhile. We have been honing it down for millions of years it seems. We nailed it just recently. Great job Snicket! After I called the landowner last week and spoke to him in great detail I secured permission for us to hunt this site for our little group. He wanted to meet us so we drove out there yesterday and presented ourselves as the respectable and very professional detectorists that we are. Once again folks we made friends with a very cool landowner. We got out this morning to hunt the spot and it wasn't long and I was pulling buttons and other old relics out of the ground. Down at the bottom of the hill I got a M on dime on the awesome analog. 7 inches of doit later a Draped Bust LC. Pretty good shape. I can see a 1 and a 7 so it's a 1700's coin. A couple of buttons later I got another dime analog reading at 4 inches. A lovely green disk was seen in the hole. I yelped "Copper" and another draped bust to boot. Another perfect 1864 injun and an 1892 injun was also found .One of my colonial buttons is a Quarter size. Lots of cool relics were found. I can't wait to go back. The landowner is very cool. He said as we were leaving " You guys are coming back next week aren't you? " I conveyed "You better believe it my man" I can't wait
Chris
PIC00003.jpg

PIC00006-1.jpg

Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris...I just told Kyle this...and the same goes for you brother...you are a colonial coppa' buttocks kickin' machine. Man you guys pop out some SWEET coins. Way to go :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Detectingfreak said:
That is totally awesome that you guys made friends with a landowner and also got a lot of relics and old coins in return!!! :)
Thanks, It's not just the finds, it's also the friendships and memories along the way.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Merf said:
Another fantastic hunt Chris. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I love those finds. Merf
Thanks Merf, Kyle is sure proud of his research and he has every right to be. Kirk is a great detectorist and it is enjoyable to detect with those guys.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Mirage said:
Great stuff. I haven't found a drapped bust anything yet. Someday.....

It's great to have someone who is good at securing permission. I'm not the best at it. A skill that is highly underrated. ;D

Bob
I appreciate those kind words Bob. Getting permission is kind of an art. Almost as important as the research end of this hobby. Anyone who is good at it will attest to this.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Derek752 said:
WTG Chris :wav: :thumbsup: :wav:

With Colonial Kyles expertise in research and your finesse' with land owners and professional relic hunters ethics you guys are UNSTOPPABLE !! :notworthy:

LOVE the LG Cent !!

Derek :icon_scratch:
Derek my man...It's good to hear from a fellow colonial enthusiast. We are having a blast down here in Pa. Thinking back about 6 years ago the boys were about 16 and I brought them to one of my research sites. This was before they even thought about detecting. I remember turning my detector on and about 20 minutes into the hunt I found my 1859 Seated Half in AU condition. I was jumping around, hooting and hollering and they were smiling away and thinking that there favorite uncle just lost his mind. I think my enthusiasm that day planted a seed in there developing brains to persue this hobby with a passion.Keep in mind that I have 5 brothers so being there favorite uncle is no small thing. Next week will be just as fun.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
Chris...I just told Kyle this...and the same goes for you brother...you are a colonial coppa' buttocks kickin' machine. Man you guys pop out some SWEET coins. Way to go :thumbsup:
Thanks silver freak.......We sure do love our Coppas. We were talking, driving home from this hunt that a nice silver Real or a Capped Bust silver could very possibly be waiting for us here. Silver would be the icing on the cake.
Chris

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds chris,

you guys are on fire, looks like you found another great spot !

kevin

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,

Looks like you and the nephews are satisfying the old "Coppa" craving ;D!!!! Nice job buddy. I sure do like

to see that nice green patina staring back at me from down in the hole. Was this a freshly cut field?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the coppers and the other relics.

It looks like you found another great location!

Keep up the good work.

I will be looking for your post next week!

Neil

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just know we are going to be hearing more about this site in days to come. Congrats on you guys doing the research, getting permission and what luck . . . an enthusiastic land owner ;D Very nice, quality finds there. Would love to see the bell cleaned up.

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
{Sentinel} said:
Chris,

Looks like you and the nephews are satisfying the old "Coppa" craving ;D!!!! Nice job buddy. I sure do like

to see that nice green patina staring back at me from down in the hole. Was this a freshly cut field?
Thanks buddy.....That green in the hole is so desirable to me that I think that green is now my favorite color. It's just a grass field that is maintained by the landowner.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Neil in West Jersey said:
Congrats on the coppers and the other relics.

It looks like you found another great location!

Keep up the good work.

I will be looking for your post next week!

Neil
Thanks Neil, you are right we are at another great location.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BeachBumm said:
I just know we are going to be hearing more about this site in days to come. Congrats on you guys doing the research, getting permission and what luck . . . an enthusiastic land owner ;D Very nice, quality finds there. Would love to see the bell cleaned up.

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:
Thanks BB, We have been on a roll lately. Alot of the recent landowners I have been contacting have been warm and generous. Some of them require more work on our part to secure permission.
Chris

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Two Draped Bust largies is frickin' uncalled for...in a single metal datecting day. :D :wav: Zeus, you are a kick arse hunter, permission getter, and great member to our team: The Three Datectateers. :D :headbang:

I am suuuuuuuuper looking forward to next week, zoync. I have that "E" on "Quarter" reading to dig up still, oyster zoyster. OOOOF :D

Let's keep the fever higher than a gibbon could ever keep a fever high. OOOOF :D

Lemony Snicket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions