HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, haven’t posted in a few months. Will be going on our yearly detecting trip in a few weeks so hopefully we will have something good to post for then... anyway... a few weeks ago a friend and I went back to our site which produced around 100 pre civil war coins, about 40 silvers in total came from there. It was difficult working but I managed to get a good signal in a large pile of what seemed like rubbish, lots of iron and some broken glass. The first coin was yet another 3 cent piece, 1852 (common year). It was strangely caked in a almost iron like material. When I first found it I threw it aside. My hunting buddy knew something was off with it and the material quickly flaked off with a pinch. In that same spot mixed in with the rubbish was a nice half dime and a torched copper. That’s all we found for that day. We have really hammered it. I’m still convinced there are a few more coins hiding though... the second hunt was yesterday we went back to another great site where my friend found the 1818 quarter, Draper bust dime, and I the gold ring along with several other good silvers. Again we had hammered this one and the last time we went there we found no coins or relics, except for an iron buckle. This time was much different... near a stone wall my friend got a good signal and I agreed it must be a coin. Out came an 1827 capped bust dime, really nice condition but a common year. Also in his hole was an 1814 large cent which was really neat to see a silver and copper in the same spill. About 20 min later I scored an early piece of silver jewelry, and then a toasted half reale and about 5 min after that I got yet another toasted half reale. By then it got really dark and we had to go. We I’ll be back! Yet another site we thought we hammered still produced! 62BA1416-8DDE-4822-8159-299A4585893D.jpeg
0BA64C10-6592-4218-ACFC-D8BE42365EE9.jpeg

Upvote 45
OP
OP
HessianHunter

HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone. This site has been very good for us. It’s amazing how conditions such as less brush can help with the recovery of artifacts and coins.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Hessian Hunter. I always like your posts and those are some great finds to speak of!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread