Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 4 more over the weekend. April sales were ok and I met my minimum sales goal for the month. Didn't sell any big ticket items though & total sales were half what they were in March.

When I was doing my preliminary demo at the rental I found termites when I cracked open the wall. Major bummer that brought the project to a screeching halt while I talked with bug guys & lined up treatment. Spent more than 20 hours over there between Saturday morning & yesterday evening yanking out the old & installing the new. At least it's done except for hauling off the cast iron tub. Meanwhile my 79 year old Mom decided Saturday morning was a good time to climb a ladder & clean her gutters. She fell off, split her head open & cracked her sacrum. Busted ass all day & visited in the evenings. Heading to the hospital this morning to talk with the Dr about how long she will be in the hospital.

I'll be praying for you man. You've had a rough run lately.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sold 4 more over the weekend. April sales were ok and I met my minimum sales goal for the month. Didn't sell any big ticket items though & total sales were half what they were in March.

When I was doing my preliminary demo at the rental I found termites when I cracked open the wall. Major bummer that brought the project to a screeching halt while I talked with bug guys & lined up treatment. Spent more than 20 hours over there between Saturday morning & yesterday evening yanking out the old & installing the new. At least it's done except for hauling off the cast iron tub. Meanwhile my 79 year old Mom decided Saturday morning was a good time to climb a ladder & clean her gutters. She fell off, split her head open & cracked her sacrum. Busted ass all day & visited in the evenings. Heading to the hospital this morning to talk with the Dr about how long she will be in the hospital.

Wow! That's rough!!! I hope your mother is going to be ok!! Keeping you and your mother in our prayers.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Looks like I sold the boat! One day on craigslist. He's sending me a non refundable deposit.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome on the boat dieselram! I can never find cast iron at a decent price around here. I need a good auction to go to where everyone isn't crazy. :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome on the boat dieselram! I can never find cast iron at a decent price around here. I need a good auction to go to where everyone isn't crazy. :laughing7:

I bought two of those all rusty for I think two bucks each. I'm going to buy the rest that aren't warped next time I'm there (junk shop).
I think there was about twenty of them there...

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Good deal on the boat. I've thought about getting into some deals like that. I've got enough mechanical ability to fix things just not confident about diagnosing potential problems when buying.

I appreciate the thoughts/prayers for my Mom. We expect a full recovery it's just going to take a while.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've noticed in the last two days eBay traffic has dropped significantly. Anyone else notice this as well?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sales have been slow for me the last several days. I don't know if that's a general slow down or if it's due to not listing. I think that listing new items pulls all your items higher up in the search rankings. More visibility means more sales.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sold a model of cooters tow truck today. $135 shipped! I think I paid $35 for it years ago. Maybe in 1999? 2000?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed in the last two days eBay traffic has dropped significantly. Anyone else notice this as well?

It dropped off in the past few weeks....Prices dropped too.... That's in what I'm selling. Old junk! :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It dropped off in the past few weeks....Prices dropped too.... That's in what I'm selling. Old junk! :laughing7:

Lol! It's all funny except the part about the prices dropping!!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! It's all funny except the part about the prices dropping!!

I think It's been over three weeks since I've shipped anything! But there for a couple of weeks I didn't really have the time to play with it much. I'm listing a bunch this weekend to see what happens..I also have to get into other categories.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think It's been over three weeks since I've shipped anything! But there for a couple of weeks I didn't really have the time to play with it much. I'm listing a bunch this weekend to see what happens..I also have to get into other categories.

Yeah, I've found I'm starting to list different stuff than Dodge truck parts myself. Heck I even listed a book on 1920's cloth dolls! Lol as long as it brings in cash I'll list it!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've found I'm starting to list different stuff than Dodge truck parts myself. Heck I even listed a book on 1920's cloth dolls! Lol as long as it brings in cash I'll list it!

WHen I was just on there goofing around...I saw that I made a $475 sale! Thought cool!!! Then There was a message.."sorry! I hit BIN by accident!" So I cancelled the order..Hopefully they accept it fast so I can relist without waiting for it to time out if they don't hit the accept!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
WHen I was just on there goofing around...I saw that I made a $475 sale! Thought cool!!! Then There was a message.."sorry! I hit BIN by accident!" So I cancelled the order..Hopefully they accept it fast so I can relist without waiting for it to time out if they don't hit the accept!

What a let down!! I hate when a buyer asks to cancel a sale!!!!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a let down!! I hate when a buyer asks to cancel a sale!!!!

This will be the third time I've gotten that. They accidentally hit BIN. I just went and looked and instead of accepting he made an offer in a message that says he would take it for $400...Well? Lets just cancel the order and start over! Then if you want to make an offer click on make offer instead of BIN!:BangHead::laughing7: This is a fun night!! :laughing7: None of this ticks me off though, It's good for laughs!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow! People are nuts!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! People are nuts!

Yep!!! And so far, can respond and make offers in messages, but can't accept the cancel order. It's looking like this will be tied up for at least 10 days and I can't relist. :laughing7: I have had that happen before! Then the guy also made offers! I wonder if they don't have the money and figure maybe they will get it before the 10 days is up! Or try to get you to take an offer and no one else can buy it in the 10 day time! That's the last one I cancel the order for. Anyone from now on gets nonpay. Hate to do that! But this has happened twice like this now from 2 different guys! I'll give it more time and see what he does, maybe I just expect things to move too fast! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread