Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is eBay doesn't seem to do anything to non paying bidders. They really need to become more stringent about it!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Just made the first "real" sale in 3 weeks! It was $14 but I'll take it!It's better than a $475 so called accident! It's a start for the weekend!!:laughing7:

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hate it when people back out. :BangHead: I need a listing promotion.

DieselRam, it's funny, I barely have any truck parts on. I've moved basically to lures. I'm trying to add other smalls, and hopefully truck parts. If people would get over their cabin fever and not bid things up 5 times higher than they are worth at auctions, then maybe I could try new stuff. :laughing7: Yard sales have been terrible so far this year too. :sadsmiley:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is eBay doesn't seem to do anything to non paying bidders. They really need to become more stringent about it!

I guess I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm doing!!! :laughing7: I called Ebay, As long as the buyer says in a message that they want to cancel or that they purchased by accident? That's all you need. They don't have to accept the cancel transaction. It will run the ten days course, but that is just for your fees that were charged on the item. That makes it easier!! Once they ask in a message or say they bought on accident you are clear! Unless they paid, then that gets into a little different thing I guess! Here I just didn't know how it worked and was able to relist with no problem! Just thought I would mention for anyone else that doesn't know or feels like they have to wait the 10 days to relist! I'm too impatient for all of that!:laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, I hate it when people back out. :BangHead: I need a listing promotion.

DieselRam, it's funny, I barely have any truck parts on. I've moved basically to lures. I'm trying to add other smalls, and hopefully truck parts. If people would get over their cabin fever and not bid things up 5 times higher than they are worth at auctions, then maybe I could try new stuff. :laughing7: Yard sales have been terrible so far this year too. :sadsmiley:

That just means you must get creative! Watch craigslist like a hawk!!! Just this morning I checked craigslist and just a few minutes before someone had listed a free boat and trailer close by!!! So I immediately messaged and got it! I believe I've already sold the controls out of it and likely already have the rest sold cheap but it's in bad shape! Lol
But it's all profit!
b7bd96957bfef9eedd271ca4f11caf4e.jpg

I just seem to find stuff everywhere to resell!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just sold two sun visors for a dodge truck. $45.00 plus shipping. I'm starting to get motivated again!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sold two sun visors for a dodge truck. $45.00 plus shipping. I'm starting to get motivated again!

I sold a couple of things! So it must be picking up a little....I still have the one guy arguing about the "accident" and refuses to accept the cancelled transaction. He told me he wants to buy it, but he doesn't want to pay the BIN price.:icon_scratch: "Then accept the cancel transaction and make offer!!!... STUPID!":laughing7:

The last two free boats I drug home. Which was years ago..... I couldn't get rid of the fiberglass! We actually dug a hole with a machine and buried one!:laughing7:The other was aluminium and I just took it to scrap... One day years from now? Someone will dig up a fiberglass boat and wonder "who put that there?"!:laughing7: The local land fill type place quit taking them. At one time you could back in, and they would pull it off the trailer for you and you just pulled away with the trailer. Now, in that area they won't even take them for some reason. :dontknow:

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I sold a couple of things! So it must be picking up a little....I still have the one guy arguing about the "accident" and refuses to accept the cancelled transaction. He told me he wants to buy it, but he doesn't want to pay the BIN price.:icon_scratch: "Then accept the cancel transaction and make offer!!!... STUPID!":laughing7:

The last two free boats I drug home. Which was years ago..... I couldn't get rid of the fiberglass! We actually dug a hole with a machine and buried one!:laughing7:The other was aluminium and I just took it to scrap... One day years from now? Someone will dig up a fiberglass boat and wonder "who put that there?"!:laughing7: The local land fill type place quit taking them. At one time you could back in, and they would pull it off the trailer for you and you just pulled away with the trailer. Now, in that area they won't even take them for some reason. :dontknow:

Exactly, that's why in my ad I specified must take both boat and trailer! Lol!!! People are messaging me about it. Hopefully one guy who is very interested will buy it. It's the right time of the year and someone will grab it. Most likely they will never do anything with it but it'll bring some cash.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sister was given a boat for free. She sold it to some local scuba place. Last week she was tossing out all the stuff that she forgot to give with the boat. Caught just in time as the trash truck was stopping. A pair of Dick Pope Jr. Cypress Garden water skis. Have them on craigslist. No takers yet. Don't know anything about water sports so I listed them for 50 bucks.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is why they need to have a mandatory minimum account for new buyers. For any new buyer with 100 feedback or less they need to have a minimum of $500 in their account before they can buy anything. Or minimum of $250 and can't buy anything over that because their accounts not full. You get somebody to buy something it takes a week to cancel it, a minimum account would cut down all of that because as soon as they made the offer, it would automatically pay for the item. And this is the dream world I live in!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just sold it minus the motor controls. I got full asking price of $150
Controls are supposed to leave tomorrow for another fifty.
Life is good!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
My sister was given a boat for free. She sold it to some local scuba place. Last week she was tossing out all the stuff that she forgot to give with the boat. Caught just in time as the trash truck was stopping. A pair of Dick Pope Jr. Cypress Garden water skis. Have them on craigslist. No takers yet. Don't know anything about water sports so I listed them for 50 bucks.

Sounds like more than fifty bucks to me! Good catch!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Is why they need to have a mandatory minimum account for new buyers. For any new buyer with 100 feedback or less they need to have a minimum of $500 in their account before they can buy anything. Or minimum of $250 and can't buy anything over that because their accounts not full. You get somebody to buy something it takes a week to cancel it, a minimum account would cut down all of that because as soon as they made the offer, it would automatically pay for the item. And this is the dream world I live in!!

Man I like your idea beach kid!!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have listed 10 today. I have been sick as HELLo this weekend! I think I'm going to ground myself until I get 500 listings. I have so much stuff sitting and 334 listings. I want to get to that magic number 500. Although part of me wants to just auction all this crap and get rid of it too... I'd rather have the money than all the stuff as I'm sure all of us would.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great job guys. Dieselram, whatever you're doing keep it up.

I just bought another one! This one needs some attention. But the expensive parts come with it.
Glastron 19' with a small block Chevy v8
Made a deal for $600
8a132b2eadcda178ca29ef609ccf17f6.jpg

After polishing and repair/maintenance
I'm going to probably ask $2300

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought another one! This one needs some attention. But the expensive parts come with it.
Glastron 19' with a small block Chevy v8

After polishing and repair/maintenance
I'm going to probably ask $2300

Looks like you found an overlooked goldmine. Good for you.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've listed several over the past few days. Looking at doing more today. The only issue is, I have 20 free listings left for the whole month. :sadsmiley: Anyone know when the next promotion is?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've listed several over the past few days. Looking at doing more today. The only issue is, I have 20 free listings left for the whole month. :sadsmiley: Anyone know when the next promotion is?

Good job on the listings!
I have no idea when next promotion is though.

This is my 60 day running total on eBay... I know, not the greatest...
f672423fc24277f7f601aa5d94f425a2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread