Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've got it set up to automatically open an unpaid item case 4 days after the auction. Supposedly that puts a mark on the buyers record & if they do it often enough they can get removed from the site. I also have it set to refuse bids/offers from people with unpaid item strikes.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've got it set up to automatically open an unpaid item case 4 days after the auction. Supposedly that puts a mark on the buyers record & if they do it often enough they can get removed from the site. I also have it set to refuse bids/offers from people with unpaid item strikes.

This is what I do as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just scored some awesome deals on some loose Dodge Ram parts!! Guy (young kid) down the road was parting three of them out and I bought all the easily shipped high profit parts!!! He even asked me what he should save to sell on eBay!! Lol! I got two parts I needed but the rest will be listed this week. This is the second time I have scored BIG off guys parting these trucks out. It's amazing how these guys just cut harnesses and destroy more parts needlessly without realizing the value their throwing away!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Justin, that is crazy. What are you mainly selling?

Mickael, be sure to open the case. I don't understand it either.

trdhrdr007, I have been meaning to open that unpaid item assistant, but I haven't yet. :laughing7:

DieselRam, that is great! Hopefully you will turn a good profit on that.

I may buy a toy tomorrow at a local flea market that I saw today. I think I can make some money on it. Listed 8 tonight and have more to do. Sold another, so that puts me at 23 this month.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trdhrdr007, I have been meaning to open that unpaid item assistant, but I haven't yet. :laughing7:

I may buy a toy tomorrow at a local flea market that I saw today. I think I can make some money on it. Listed 8 tonight and have more to do. Sold another, so that puts me at 23 this month.

Lots of shirts still. Some jewelry (from the mixed bags/jars) and odd items mixed in, but I'd say 2/3 are shirts or sweaters. Haven't found a lot of good hats lately, and in the past those made up a good % as well.

Sold over 600 items this year-- my first year. My goal is double for 2015!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of shirts still. Some jewelry (from the mixed bags/jars) and odd items mixed in, but I'd say 2/3 are shirts or sweaters. Haven't found a lot of good hats lately, and in the past those made up a good % as well. Sold over 600 items this year-- my first year. My goal is double for 2015!

Awesome! I've checked out your site and it looks like you have a good thing going! Yeah if you sold 600 you should be able to double that I think especially since you have an inventory started. Start up is just the beginning and then keeping track of everything afterwards I have found very interesting. I think the most of ever had listed at one time is 250 things. Good luck and I hope you do well over 1200!!

To be honest selling on eBay is probably one of the easiest extra income activities ive ever taken part in. But yet I meet so many people That don't want to be bothered with it or say it's too hard or they don't have the time or it's too stressful! But when my paycheck was $850 for two weeks. after taxes and health insurance and retirement crap this just seems to be a no-brainer! Love it!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

I will try to post a picture tonight... If I get time. I spent only $70.00 but I'm going to list two if not three things above that on eBay plus several smaller items

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'll post the pics tomorrow night. I just got done polyurethaning my window trim inside and I spent all day outside in 15* weather so I'm heading for bed. Hopefully I can get it all listed tomorrow!

mickael

Jul 14, 2014
France
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Tesoro µMax - lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold another vintage tennis racket to someone in Portugal the last one was to someone in Belgium
the shipping is not cheap too sold for 19€ & 25€
I got these tennis rackets (14) 10€ for all of them :)
I was watching a Dallas Moore vid where he says if you see vintage tennis rackets grab them...

also I'm now starting to make consistent sales on FBA sold 4 things between yesterday and today
az shows it sold but you're not credited til it's shipped out - takes a day sometimes

these were skylander toys that sold as soon as they were received
bought for 2.50€ and 3.99€ (going to get more of these today)
sold for 27€ and 21€

sold an unopened 4000 pc puzzle from a thrift store - paid 1€ just sold for 19€ on ebay

someone asked the size of a Rugby shirt I have on ebay but now I can't find it
I'm actually fairly organized ... so I sent a message saying I can't find it and I removed the listing

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
sold another vintage tennis racket to someone in Portugal the last one was to someone in Belgium
the shipping is not cheap too sold for 19€ & 25€
I got these tennis rackets (14) 10€ for all of them :)
I was watching a Dallas Moore vid where he says if you see vintage tennis rackets grab them...

also I'm now starting to make consistent sales on FBA sold 4 things between yesterday and today
az shows it sold but you're not credited til it's shipped out - takes a day sometimes

these were skylander toys that sold as soon as they were received
bought for 2.50€ and 3.99€ (going to get more of these today)
sold for 27€ and 21€

sold an unopened 4000 pc puzzle from a thrift store - paid 1€ just sold for 19€ on ebay

someone asked the size of a Rugby shirt I have on ebay but now I can't find it
I'm actually fairly organized ... so I sent a message saying I can't find it and I removed the listing

To hear FBA is starting to become consistent for you. From now on I'll be sure to grab vintage tennis rackets from now on!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have heard that about the vintage tennis rackets. How does the FBA thing work?

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you just find the shirts at thrift stores etc.? Are they name brands?

Yeah, mostly at thrift stores. Thrifts near me only tend to have junk. Sometimes GW has a good mug or other item, but not often. Thats the onyl reason I got into clothes-- last winter I ran out of items I got at the summer flea markets here!

Yes, good brands. Tommy Bahama, Under Armor (great sellers), Lacoste, Nike Dri Fit, Robert Graham, Burberry just to name a few. Ralph lauren and Tommy Hilfiger are common and not always worth it-- but certain styles can be good.

Some days I find 15 shirts worth getting, other days I go through and find 0...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I've checked out your site and it looks like you have a good thing going! Yeah if you sold 600 you should be able to double that I think especially since you have an inventory started. Start up is just the beginning and then keeping track of everything afterwards I have found very interesting. I think the most of ever had listed at one time is 250 things. Good luck and I hope you do well over 1200!!

To be honest selling on eBay is probably one of the easiest extra income activities ive ever taken part in. But yet I meet so many people That don't want to be bothered with it or say it's too hard or they don't have the time or it's too stressful! But when my paycheck was $850 for two weeks. after taxes and health insurance and retirement crap this just seems to be a no-brainer! Love it!

Thanks! Yeah, I only had 50 or so items listed the first quarter and my sales for just December were greater than the first 1/3 of the entire year combined... I should be able to get there-- knock on wood

mickael

Jul 14, 2014
France
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Tesoro µMax - lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have heard that about the vintage tennis rackets. How does the FBA thing work?
you have to go to youtube and there's a lot of videos about it
basically you sign up to "Amazon Seller Central"
get the "amazon seller app" for smartphone (free)
start scanning stuff that would sell for at least $12
where you still make a profit
find new stuff never opened at thrift stores
check out stuff on clearance ... scan scan scan

a few basic things you'll need but not really necessary to start
thermal printer, packing paper, bubble wrap, hand held scanner for entering barcodes
when you're in your amazon seller central back-end entering new inventory

just start watching how to Amazon FBA videos
Dallas Moore is good to see how he thinks
Cody Hawk is in the right track

anyway once you get your head around it .. it gets easier
I'm still figuring it out
you just need to be on top of quality for new stuff you find

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ok, here is the picture of the parts I bought. Sorry it took me so long to get this posted. I also bought a ash tray that is already installed in my truck but not in this picture. All items together cost me $70.00 not bad at all...
d27a9cbe1fecea3c662f8ce1fe7d8d45.jpg

Sent from a empty soda can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread