Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going on a cruise next Friday for a week, so I haven't been doing much ebay this month. With the free promo, Ive kept 150 listings up. Only sold 21 so far, but not bad for all old listings. Still putting effort into FBA, which has been paying off.
Once I get back from the cruise, I'll get to some new ebay listings. Fishing and metal detecting are also taking their turns with my free time! Not a bad problem, though

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I feel like I'm back on track for the month. Have sold 21 items & am in position to meet my monthly sales goal. Just need to get enough ahead with eBay to be able to have time to figure out FBA.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, 21 must be the magic number because that is how many sales I have this month also. :laughing7: That is strange. I listed 6 more tonight.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yay me. I got 5 BINs up, and just listed 2 auctions.

How long does a typical auction take you to do? I am finding anywhere from a half hour to more. Between pictures, selecting, wording, actually doing the auction. How can I make this go faster?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I don't know what to tell you about listing faster. It takes me about 20 minutes for each new listing & less if I can "sell similar". Most of that time is taking pictures.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, so I'm not a slow poke! Yeah, pictures take forever. My friend told me, use my phone, take a few, and throw up the auction real quick.
Do you think spending the time to do good wording is worth it? Or people just look at the pictures...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to start over every time, but now I just use sell similar. I think it takes me about 5 minutes to put up a new listing using the sell similar. Starting over, probably 15. I do have a template saved with my little disclaimer thing at the end of the description though.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I always use my iPhone to list...even a new listing probably only takes me ten minutes and that's if I'm being really detailed. I sometimes also use the microphone and dictate instead of type, as its way faster. Just have to make sure it is correct before publishing it.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a buyer leave me a positive feedback that said the packaging could have been better. They got hooked when they were opening the package. :BangHead: Wow.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I had a buyer leave me a positive feedback that said the packaging could have been better. They got hooked when they were opening the package. :BangHead: Wow.

I guess you could say you hooked a buyer! Lol!
Common sense is long gone!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I guess you could. I hope this one gets jumps and throws the hook though. :laughing7: I'm about to send you a pm DieselRam.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28 sales for the month. Just put the store on vaca mode ( I am leaving this Friday, but don't want any issues waiting to be resolved,etc), so that will wrap it up for me this month, unless I get some on the last weekend. All items that had been listed several times, so good to clear some old inventory. Figured I would save my free listings to re-list all of these and start June with new listings.

FBA is going well... Sent in 2 shipments, working ona third before I go. Already sold over 80% of what I sent in... probably 60 items+ Pretty easy, but a much lower profit versus eBay. Works out well though as I have about 1 minute per individual item of my time, excluding sourcing, versus 15 minutes on an eBay item. (including listing and packing)

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've sold a few over the last couple days & it's looking like it will be a decent month. Listed the Dansk flatware I picked up Saturday so that should help. I also picked up a set of hearing aids for a dime at a sale. I've sold remote controls for hearing aids before & thought there had to be a market for hearing aids. For 10 cents I figured it was worth a shot. Tried listing them this afternoon but the listing disappeared. Turns out you have to jump through some hoops to sell them.....mostly having certain text in the ad & requiring the buyer to sign an affidavit before shipping. Don't think I want to deal with all that. Waiting to see of ebay sends an explanation by email/message.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've sold a few over the last couple days & it's looking like it will be a decent month. Listed the Dansk flatware I picked up Saturday so that should help. I also picked up a set of hearing aids for a dime at a sale. I've sold remote controls for hearing aids before & thought there had to be a market for hearing aids. For 10 cents I figured it was worth a shot. Tried listing them this afternoon but the listing disappeared. Turns out you have to jump through some hoops to sell them.....mostly having certain text in the ad & requiring the buyer to sign an affidavit before shipping. Don't think I want to deal with all that. Waiting to see of ebay sends an explanation by email/message.

Is the issue hygienic?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Something about an FDA requirement. Required text talks about how it's recommended to consult a Dr before buying & if you don't signing a waiver. I'll probably donate them. Will still look out for hearing aid remotes though. Last one I paid 50 cents for & sold it for $40+.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something about an FDA requirement. Required text talks about how it's recommended to consult a Dr before buying & if you don't signing a waiver. I'll probably donate them. Will still look out for hearing aid remotes though. Last one I paid 50 cents for & sold it for $40+.

Good to know!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
listed 13 in two days. Sold two of what I listed. I would like a day to myself without my daughter so if anybody would like to babysit so I can get some more stuff up would be great! Lol

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I set an ambitious goal for myself ... 5 listings a day. So far, I haven't been doing so great. BUT, I did list 3 today, and one sold. Yay.
You think that they sell better at the beginning because they come up in the "just listed" search? (I never look for those.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread