Ebay- signature confirmation

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked, you can purchase signature confirmation and insurance through Paypal.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's cheaper than going to the post office. If you sell an item for over $250 total and print your labels via ebay, it will automatically add the signature confirmation charge on there. It's up to you to add the insurance, which I would do even with sig. conf., item could still get lost or stolen or broken. Also use shipcover versus usps insurance. They pay out much quicker.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree about the insurance and signature confirmation. I always add those for big ticket items for the reasons diggummup said. One large loss can destroy the profits made from a whole lot of work on smaller items. My wife had a situation recently where she put signature confirmation on the item and the buyer contacted her POed that he didn't get his item. After some back-and-forth, it turned out the guy's neighbor signed for the item and then forgot to tell him about it!

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not be at home during the day most times, so if I have something being delivered that requires a signature I tape a note to the door asking the delivery person to leave the package under the bench on the porch. Of course the note has my name and signature on it. I have never had a signature required delivery denied because of this note.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a check box on ebay shipping for signature confirmation.
How much did it sell for?
You could also do registered mail, which is the most secure method.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been implied above but in case anyone doesn't know, to be covered by seller protection, you MUST use signature confirmation on all sales $250 and up.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Tiff Sparkler earrings. Best score to date

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread